Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

GoatLord posted:

Isn't Cupil straight up better than Daybreak Lee's broke-rear end static? And Naive seems like it's an advantage if you're human.

Yeah, you're probably right. Unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Sima Yi (2 TAC, 1 LEA, 2 POL/LEA/TAC) Setup: Captain's Cabin
Titles as Gaeta
Founder of Jin: On your turn, you may raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 1.
Mwahahahahaha!: Movement: One per game, take the Admiral and President Titles.
Surrounded by Imbeciles: On your Receive Skills step, you draw 1 less card if you are in the same location as another player.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

OPG is probably too strong, and where does he go if you're not playing with Demetrius?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Nero (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: President's Office
Titles as Roslin
Lower Taxes: Movement: You may discard two skill cards to choose a skill type (it may be from outside your skill set). Each human player draws 1 Skill Card of that type.
Quinquennial Neronia: Movement: Once per game, the next time you would draw a Crisis this turn, instead resolve a 12 (6) POL LEA PIL skill check. Pass: +1 morale and increase the Jump Prep track by 1. 6+: No effect. Fail: -1 morale.
While Rome Burns: Whenever a location is damaged, discard 2 Skill Cards at random.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

OPG is probably too strong, and where does he go if you're not playing with Demetrius?

Could make it so he has to pick either/or in regards to the titles. What do you think? Him starting on Demetrius is down to personal borderline-OCD :v: I'll add an "or" to his profile so he'll be placed somewhere on Galactica in the event Demetrius isn't in play.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, thinking on it, Tigh and Gaeta can take the Admiral title and Ellen can take either for a turn. I'm just leery of "take both titles and still have an Action."

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Well, thinking on it, Tigh and Gaeta can take the Admiral title and Ellen can take either for a turn. I'm just leery of "take both titles and still have an Action."

Would making it an Action be more balanced, maybe?

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
A little tweaking. I also changed the OPG to perhaps bit a bit more useful for a Cylon to use.

v2

The Battlestar Galactica Board Game (1 LEA, 1 POL, 1 TAC, 1 PIL, 1 ENG) Setup: Command
Support, Titles as Chief

Pegasus: Treachery cards are positive in all skill checks made on your turn.

Daybreak: Action: Once per game, choose a player. They discard a Mutiny Card and gain a Miracle Token, or they lose their Miracle Token and draw a Mutiny Card, your choice.

Exodus: When the fleet jumps, you discard 1 card for each sector that contains a civilian ship.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Axiem posted:

The Battlestar Galactica Board Game (1 LEA, 1 POL, 1 TAC, 1 PIL, 1 ENG) Setup: Command
Support, Titles as Chief

Daybreak: Action: Once per game, choose a player. They discard a Mutiny Card and gain a Miracle Token, or they lose their Miracle Token and draw a Mutiny Card, your choice.

Exodus: When the fleet jumps, you discard 1 card for each sector that contains a civilian ship.

You could make the OPG fun and have it do both. Choose two players, one discards and gets a token while the other draws and loses one.

GoatLord posted:

Isn't Cupil straight up better than Daybreak Lee's broke-rear end static? And Naive seems like it's an advantage if you're human.

You could make it play a nonleadership card.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Axiem posted:

A little tweaking. I also changed the OPG to perhaps bit a bit more useful for a Cylon to use.

v2

Support, Titles as Chief

i didn't want to join this game but uuuuugggghhh so loving tempting

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I think I actually originally grabbed this one from a previous WYOR, though I don't think it was ever in the lineup:

v1

Kaywinnet Lee "Kaylee" Frye
Support
Titles as Chief
(1 LEA, 1 TAC, 3 END)
Set Up: Engine Room or Hangar Deck

Keep Flying: Movement: Discard a Repair card to treat the next Crisis Card drawn this turn as if it had a "Prepare for Jump" icon.

Genius Mechanic: Action: Once per game, repair up to two damaged locations, then activate one of them.

Cheerful: You may not activate the "Weapons Control", "Command", or "Armory" locations.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
static+opg is completely pro human, drawback also covers half the damagable locations In the first place

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Axiem posted:

I think I actually originally grabbed this one from a previous WYOR, though I don't think it was ever in the lineup:

IIRC the last WYOR had the ENTIRE cast. Someone else dig em up for reposting.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

TheParadigm posted:

IIRC the last WYOR had the ENTIRE cast. Someone else dig em up for reposting.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3427294&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Already played in that game

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Axiem posted:

v1

Support
Titles as Chief
(1 LEA, 1 TAC, 3 END)

Keep Flying: Movement: Discard a Repair card to treat the next Crisis Card drawn this turn as if it had a "Prepare for Jump" icon.

Genius Mechanic: Action: Once per game, repair up to two damaged locations, then activate one of them.

Cheerful: You may not activate the "Weapons Control", "Command", or "Armory" locations.

What did you do to my character?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
oh man i just had the worst best idea

King Philip IV (2 LEA 2 POL 1 TAC)
Setup: Quorum Chamber Titles: Laura Roslin
Worker Placement: Movement AND Action: You may activate any non-Cylon locations by placing Skill Cards on them. You may do this more than once in a single action, but each location is limited to once per turn.
Build the Castle: Action: Once per game, announce that you're building the castle. Discard 3 skill cards of different colors to destroy any Cylon unit or damage Galactica once. You may keep doing this until you run out of cards or choose to stop.
Provost: If you use Worker Placement, roll a die. If the die matches any of the numbers on the Skill Cards placed, none of the actions are performed and you discard 1 card from hand for each placed card that matches said number. After resolving this, discard all the cards placed as part of Worker Placement.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 12, 2014

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
and with that, ##Nugget reporting for duty 5P Base+Pegasus+Daybreak+Defcon

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Avatar Korra (3 Lea 1 Tac 1 Eng)
Titles as Original Helo

Bridge to the Spirit World: Whenever a Player discards a card to move between ships, you may take that card into your hand if it is strength 3 or lower.
Avatar State: Once Per Game, after cards are played into a skill check, but before they are revealed, pick a color. All cards of the chosen color count as strength 4. After the skill check is resolved, put up to 3 cards of the chosen color into your hand.
You Gotta Deal With It: You may not use Movements or Actions printed on Politics or Tactics cards.

Rogue 7 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 12, 2014

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Oh yeah. I forgot to say it but ##Nugget reporting for duty

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Hah, I did not know. I rescind the character, then :v:

Some Numbers posted:

What did you do to my character?

It looks like all I did was change the static to be a Repair instead of two cards, and renamed some of the stuff. For some reason, I thought it was slightly more original on my part; I have a terrible memory :eng99:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

Being able to gain or lose morale sounds good:

v2

Galadriel (2 POL, 2 LEA, 1 POL/LEA) Setup: Communications
Political Leader, Titles as Roslin

Mirror of Galadriel: At the beginning of your turn, look at the top three cards of the crisis deck and put them back on top in the same order.

The Light of Eärendil: Once per game, immediately after resolving a Crisis that does not have a “Prepare for Jump” icon and morale is at 5 or less, you may gain 2 morale or lose 1 morale.

Keeper of Nenya, the Ring of Water: When another player is executed, you are executed. If you are human, do not lose 1 morale.

So I do not like this OPG at all, for a couple reasons. It's too swingy (a 3 morale difference is immense and probably larger than the president will do in a given game) and it contains 0 decisions. If you're cylon, you just use it to tank morale for free. If you're human, you use it to raise morale for free. Exciting.

Also knowing the top 3 cards of the crisis deck is extremely strong.

Some Numbers posted:

Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, choose one type of ship (civilians, Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or Battlestars) and roll a die for each ship of that type. On a 5+, you hit that ship. This ability overrides Delta Shield.

"Make an attack against each ship of one type. Hit those ships on a 5+"

Istvun fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 12, 2014

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Istvun posted:

So I do not like this OPG at all, for a couple reasons. It's too swingy (a 3 morale difference is immense and probably larger than the president will do in a given game) and it contains 0 decisions. If you're cylon, you just use it to tank morale for free. If you're human, you use it to raise morale for free. Exciting.

What would you recommend to fix it?

quote:

Also knowing the top 3 cards of the crisis deck is extremely strong.

I debated on the number a lot; the main reason I went with 3 is that you can't actually manipulate the order or do anything with them (without expending actions such as through scouting). I don't know if I feel like the drawback is bad enough to make up for the fact that it is pretty good, though.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

What would you recommend to fix it?

I might try something that shows hope without beating you over the head with it, especially because increasing or decreasing resources inherently is a departure from BSG's philosophy.

I'm thinking something like "Once Per Game, before playing cards into a skill check, choose up to 4 colors. Those colors are positive for this skill check instead of the printed colors.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Istvun posted:

"Make an attack against each ship of one type. Hit those ships on a 5+"

Cleaner. I like it.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Istvun posted:

I'm thinking something like "Once Per Game, before playing cards into a skill check, choose up to 4 colors. Those colors are positive for this skill check instead of the printed colors.

Hm, fair, though there's not a good way for a Cylon to use that for an advantage, except possibly to use it on a trivial or useless check of some sort. I would also possibly suggest something like "all players draw two skill cards", but that also is hard to do something good with if you're a Cylon.

Would it be better to make it maybe a "Lose 1 of one resource and gain 2 (1?) morale", along the vein of original Zarek?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Axiem posted:

I would also possibly suggest something like "all players draw two skill cards", but that also is hard to do something good with if you're a Cylon.

What if those cards are Treachery?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Aika 2 Pol/1 Lea/2 Tac
Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore effects that would send you to Sickbay or force you to discard cards (you still discard to move between ships)
Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, Make an attack against each ship of one type (Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or civilians). Hit those ships on a 5+. This ability overrides Delta Shield.
Brash - When forced to discard, you discard randomly.

Just some thoughts on this, are there limits to her static? For example, could you activate Engine Room for free, ignore a "current player discards" choice on a crisis you draw, and avoid being sent to Sickbay by your location being damaged by a Cylon ship all in the same turn?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

v1

Support
Titles as Chief
(1 LEA, 1 TAC, 3 END)

Maybe make it so her static can be used to ignore a Prepare for Jump icon as well, and clarify if her OPG can activate the locations her drawback disallows. (Because, as mentioned earlier, if playing with the Base game only her OPG is much more limited in use if it's still effected by her drawback)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

Just some thoughts on this, are there limits to her static? For example, could you activate Engine Room for free, ignore a "current player discards" choice on a crisis you draw, and avoid being sent to Sickbay by your location being damaged by a Cylon ship all in the same turn?

No, yes and yes respectively. Engine Room isn't a forced discard, like moving between ships.

At least, I don't think Engine Room is forced. Let me do some research.

Rewording it more explicitly.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 12, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, it's why I brought it up, is discarding to activate the Engine Room (and any other location that needs a discard...although I don't think there are any?) counted as "forced"?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

Yeah, it's why I brought it up, is discarding to activate the Engine Room (and any other location that needs a discard...although I don't think there are any?) counted as "forced"?

Pretty sure not, which would also not trigger her drawback.

I redid the wording on Delta Shield and I think it covers everything I wanted it to cover.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

I have another one:

v1

Katniss Everdeen (1 POL/LEA, 1 TAC, 3 PIL) Setup: Hangar Bay
Piliot, Titles as Kat

The Girl on Fire: Once per turn, when you are piloting a Viper and successfully shoot and destroy a Raider, you may immediately take another action. That action can only be used to shoot at a Raider or move to another sector.

The Mockingjay: Action: Once per game, execute the President. You may only use this ability while in the “Brig”.

Rebellious: When you are the target of a Critical Situation or Executive Order, you must discard two cards randomly or draw a Mutiny Card.

Just wondering about this one, I think the consensus is any OPG that can execute another character is a bit OP, even if it's restricted such as Katniss'. For example, if the President had soft revealed as a Cylon, it's not that audacious for the humans to find a way to Brig Katniss to get an easy execution off. Likewise, given execution of another player is better than any Cylon reveal ability, I can see a Cylon Katniss being very dangerous as the humans won't even be able to brig her without giving her a free chance to murder the president.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

Brony Hunter posted:

Maybe make it so her static can be used to ignore a Prepare for Jump icon as well, and clarify if her OPG can activate the locations her drawback disallows. (Because, as mentioned earlier, if playing with the Base game only her OPG is much more limited in use if it's still effected by her drawback)

As noted, I'm rescinding her as a character suggestion for now, unless I can think of something more original.

(Talking with my wife about it, what happened is probably thus: I saw the Kaylee character Some Numbers posted, and thought it would be cool to have a Kaylee chaacter, so I copied Some Numbers' Kaylee into my file for tracking these things and planning for the next WYOR game, with the intention of eventually editing her because I was too lazy to just write it out myself. Said editing didn't occur, which means I plagiarized him more than I intended, and more than I should. Sorry, Some Numbers!)

GoatLord posted:

What if those cards are Treachery?

Good point. Making her OPG have people draw cards sounds like it might work best, then; it makes the light always provide things. Are there many skill checks on no-jump-symbol crises? I've never really taken a hard look at the crisis deck with that lens.

Axiem fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 12, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

Hm, fair, though there's not a good way for a Cylon to use that for an advantage, except possibly to use it on a trivial or useless check of some sort. I would also possibly suggest something like "all players draw two skill cards", but that also is hard to do something good with if you're a Cylon.

Would it be better to make it maybe a "Lose 1 of one resource and gain 2 (1?) morale", along the vein of original Zarek?

The idea I had was that you could name 0 colors and have everything be negative.

Making it -1 resource and + morale would include a decision as the player, but could crimp fuel and not costing an action might be too strong.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Sun Quan (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL) Setup: Pegasus CIC OR Quorum Chamber
Titles as Saul Tigh
Son of the Tiger: Your maximum hand size is 12 cards.
Flames of Wu: Action: Once per game, remove all Basestars from the gameboard, or damage a Battlestar twice.
Descent Into Madness: Every time the fleet jumps, draw a Mutiny card. If you are the Mutineer, discard 2 cards instead.

Sima Yi (2 TAC, 1 LEA, 2 POL/LEA/TAC) Setup: Captain's Cabin OR Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Gaeta
Founder of Jin: On your turn, you may raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 1.
Mwahahahahaha!: Action: One per game, take the Admiral and President Titles.
Surrounded by Imbeciles: On your Receive Skills step, you draw 1 less card if you are in the same location as another player.

Made some tweaks. Mainly, made it so Sun Quan's drawback wouldn't make a player's life utterly miserable if they were the Mutineer as well, and made it so Sima Yi's OPG is now an Action to tone it down a notch.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 12, 2014

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Which character types do we need more of?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Axiem posted:

Sorry, Some Numbers!

No harm done.

Can anyone think of a way for a character to be sent to Sickbay during their Action step? I don't think it's possible, but if it is, I want to make sure I can cover it.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

No harm done.

Can anyone think of a way for a character to be sent to Sickbay during their Action step? I don't think it's possible, but if it is, I want to make sure I can cover it.

I think a Mutiny or two involves sending yourself to sickbay, but I'll have to look into that.

e; the following Mutiny cards would send yourself to Sickbay: (some are title dependant)

Armed Resistance - Action: Send the Admiral to "Sickbay" and look at the top card of the Crisis Deck. Place that card on the top or bottom of the deck, and discard this card.
Peaceful Resistance - Action: Move to "Sickbay" and roll a die. On a result of 4 or less, send the Admiral to the Brig. Then, discard this card.
Violent Protest - Action: Draw 2 Politics Cards and send the President to "Sickbay". Then, discard this card.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 12, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore any effect that would send you to Sickbay and any Crisis effect that would force you to discard cards.

I think this is final. I don't like the idea of her ignoring Quorum cards like Unsavory Connections, but I wanted her to be completely immune to Sickbay on her turn.

This also gets around someone putting Violent Outbursts into an AQ check on her turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore any effect that would send you to Sickbay and any Crisis effect that would force you to discard cards.

I think this is final. I don't like the idea of her ignoring Quorum cards like Unsavory Connections, but I wanted her to be completely immune to Sickbay on her turn.

Much better, now it's been clarified.

• Locked thread