Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
1) ##Nugget reporting for duty.
2) 7 players
3) Base + Daybreak with DEFCON, if possible.

Max Peck posted:

Some Numbers

YESSSSSSSS. :allears:

Edit: Oh holy poo poo, that's even better!

quote:

(You still get a miracle token, since those are from Daybreak.)

HAHAHAHAHAH.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I won't claim that I'm the proest game designer, but I've played a lot of BSG and I have a couple of tips for people who want to make BSG characters.

1) Have your character draw Leadership. While Max Peck's joke at my expense is really funny, it's also really true: not drawing green is a huge drawback for any BSG character. This is henceforth dubbed "The Romo Problem."

2) A great static can save a character from a bad drawback and a minor OPG. A broken OPG has trouble salvaging a poo poo static. This is henceforth dubbed "The Cally Problem," though there are people who will pick Cally because they're clinically insane.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I think Objection is probably too powerful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

A pilot who can't use Evasives is worthless.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Better. A lot better.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Very pro human and the drawback doesn't do anything unless you're playing with the original CFB rules.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Vyse, King of Rogues 2 Lea/2 Tac/1 Pil
Titles as Cain
Nothing's Impossible - On your turn, after all skill cards played into a skill check have been revealed, you may discard 1 card to add or subtract its strength from the skill check total.
Moonstone Cannon, FIRE! - Action: Once per game, you may launch two nukes. You may use this ability even if there aren't enough nuke tokens.
Impossibly Optimistic - When the fleet loses Morale, discard one skill card and draw 1 Treachery.
FTL Control or Pegasus CIC

This is a spitbath job and I'm honestly not sure how strong the static is, but I think he's probably pretty close to balanced.

Aika 2 Pol/1 Lea/2 Tac
Titles as OG Baltar
Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore any effect that would send you to Sickbay and any Crisis effect that would force you to discard cards.
Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, Make an attack against each ship of one type (Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or civilians). Hit those ships on a 5+.
Brash - When forced to discard, you discard randomly.
Press Room

If anyone wants to help me clean up the wording on Omega Psyclone, please do. It's way messier than I want.

Fina 1 Pol/2 Lea/2 Eng
Titles as Chief
Cupil - When you activate a location on your turn, you may also play 1 non-Leadership Action card from your hand.
Lunar Light - Action: Once per game, you may move all players in "Sickbay" to other locations (including the Brig).
Innocent - You may not contribute to Skill Checks during players' Action Phases.
Hangar Deck

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 12, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yes, but the CAG doesn't place them, so the wording is off! :eng101:

Also, that basically boils down to "whenever a Cylon Attack is drawn, discard a card."

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 11, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Maybe something to do with Civilians sticking around after jumps? Discarding 1 card each is probably too rough...

"When the fleet jumps, you discard 1 card for each sector that contains a civilian ship."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GoatLord posted:

Isn't Cupil straight up better than Daybreak Lee's broke-rear end static? And Naive seems like it's an advantage if you're human.

Yeah, you're probably right. Unfortunate.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

OPG is probably too strong, and where does he go if you're not playing with Demetrius?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, thinking on it, Tigh and Gaeta can take the Admiral title and Ellen can take either for a turn. I'm just leery of "take both titles and still have an Action."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Axiem posted:

I think I actually originally grabbed this one from a previous WYOR, though I don't think it was ever in the lineup:

v1

Kaywinnet Lee "Kaylee" Frye
Support
Titles as Chief
(1 LEA, 1 TAC, 3 END)
Set Up: Engine Room or Hangar Deck

Keep Flying: Movement: Discard a Repair card to treat the next Crisis Card drawn this turn as if it had a "Prepare for Jump" icon.

Genius Mechanic: Action: Once per game, repair up to two damaged locations, then activate one of them.

Cheerful: You may not activate the "Weapons Control", "Command", or "Armory" locations.

What did you do to my character?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Istvun posted:

"Make an attack against each ship of one type. Hit those ships on a 5+"

Cleaner. I like it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

Just some thoughts on this, are there limits to her static? For example, could you activate Engine Room for free, ignore a "current player discards" choice on a crisis you draw, and avoid being sent to Sickbay by your location being damaged by a Cylon ship all in the same turn?

No, yes and yes respectively. Engine Room isn't a forced discard, like moving between ships.

At least, I don't think Engine Room is forced. Let me do some research.

Rewording it more explicitly.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 12, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

Yeah, it's why I brought it up, is discarding to activate the Engine Room (and any other location that needs a discard...although I don't think there are any?) counted as "forced"?

Pretty sure not, which would also not trigger her drawback.

I redid the wording on Delta Shield and I think it covers everything I wanted it to cover.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Axiem posted:

Sorry, Some Numbers!

No harm done.

Can anyone think of a way for a character to be sent to Sickbay during their Action step? I don't think it's possible, but if it is, I want to make sure I can cover it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore any effect that would send you to Sickbay and any Crisis effect that would force you to discard cards.

I think this is final. I don't like the idea of her ignoring Quorum cards like Unsavory Connections, but I wanted her to be completely immune to Sickbay on her turn.

This also gets around someone putting Violent Outbursts into an AQ check on her turn.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Make her the President and draw all the Food Crises on her turn.

(She's not a very good President)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

she could ignore the drawbacks of Quorum cards like Unsavoury Connections.

No she can't! I literally just said that she can't and that's intentional.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Latest versions:

Some Numbers posted:

Vyse 2 Lea/2 Tac/1 Pil Setup: FTL Control or Pegasus CIC
Titles as Cain
Nothing's Impossible - On your turn, after all skill cards played into a skill check have been revealed, you may discard 1 card to add or subtract its strength from the skill check total.
Moonstone Cannon, FIRE! - Action: Once per game, you may launch two nukes. You may use this ability even if there aren't enough nuke tokens.
Impossibly Optimistic - When the fleet loses Morale, discard one skill card and draw 1 Treachery.

Aika 2 Pol/1 Lea/2 Tac Setup: Press Room
Titles as OG Baltar
Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, Make an attack against each ship of one type (Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or civilians). Hit those ships on a 5+. This overrides Delta Shield.
Brash - When forced to discard, you discard randomly.

Fina 1 Pol/2 Lea/2 Eng Setup: Hangar Deck
Titles as Chief
Cupil - When you activate a location on your turn, you may also play 1 non-Leadership Action card from your hand.
Lunar Light - Action: Once per game, you may move all players in "Sickbay" to other locations (including the Brig).
Innocent - You may not contribute to Skill Checks during players' Action Phases.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 16, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Now that I think about it, Executive Order is actually the only Action in the Leadership deck, except for State of Emergency. All of the other decks got new Actions from Daybreak, but Leadership got two more cards to use on Skill Checks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I've got another recommendation for you guys. Skill colors have a standard order in this game: POL/LEA/TAC/PIL/ENG/TRE. Please list your characters' skill sets in that order.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

GoatLord posted:

So what the hell is a cylon supposed to do with that?

Reveal immediately?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I really dislike abilities that interact with the Jump Track. It's the Cain Problem.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm going to pull out of this game. You guys are welcome to my characters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:munch: Aika was meant to be Political.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

lol is that a record?

:munch: Not remotely. There was a 44 once, a couple of >50s and probably a 60+ once.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:munch: So, how overpowered am I?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Dexanth posted:

##Pass

And do I have an XO? Pff. How is that even a question? Of course I have XOs. Only bad characters don't draw LEA :colbert:

:allears:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:munch: Holy poo poo, this game is still going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:munch: I'm amazed this game is still going.

• Locked thread