Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Brony Hunter posted:

I guess I could make it an Action or Movement instead, but is it that strong compared to Roslin's static?

It is a static that is stronger than roslin's, and Roslin has a drawback, unlike rise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

Being able to gain or lose morale sounds good:

v2

Galadriel (2 POL, 2 LEA, 1 POL/LEA) Setup: Communications
Political Leader, Titles as Roslin

Mirror of Galadriel: At the beginning of your turn, look at the top three cards of the crisis deck and put them back on top in the same order.

The Light of Eärendil: Once per game, immediately after resolving a Crisis that does not have a “Prepare for Jump” icon and morale is at 5 or less, you may gain 2 morale or lose 1 morale.

Keeper of Nenya, the Ring of Water: When another player is executed, you are executed. If you are human, do not lose 1 morale.

So I do not like this OPG at all, for a couple reasons. It's too swingy (a 3 morale difference is immense and probably larger than the president will do in a given game) and it contains 0 decisions. If you're cylon, you just use it to tank morale for free. If you're human, you use it to raise morale for free. Exciting.

Also knowing the top 3 cards of the crisis deck is extremely strong.

Some Numbers posted:

Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, choose one type of ship (civilians, Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or Battlestars) and roll a die for each ship of that type. On a 5+, you hit that ship. This ability overrides Delta Shield.

"Make an attack against each ship of one type. Hit those ships on a 5+"

Istvun fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 12, 2014

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

What would you recommend to fix it?

I might try something that shows hope without beating you over the head with it, especially because increasing or decreasing resources inherently is a departure from BSG's philosophy.

I'm thinking something like "Once Per Game, before playing cards into a skill check, choose up to 4 colors. Those colors are positive for this skill check instead of the printed colors.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

Hm, fair, though there's not a good way for a Cylon to use that for an advantage, except possibly to use it on a trivial or useless check of some sort. I would also possibly suggest something like "all players draw two skill cards", but that also is hard to do something good with if you're a Cylon.

Would it be better to make it maybe a "Lose 1 of one resource and gain 2 (1?) morale", along the vein of original Zarek?

The idea I had was that you could name 0 colors and have everything be negative.

Making it -1 resource and + morale would include a decision as the player, but could crimp fuel and not costing an action might be too strong.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

Xo someone in brig to escape, that one treachery card send you to sick bay.
Also possible with some mutiny cards that deal with beating up title holders.

The simplest one is just Pegasus CIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Axiem posted:

:munch:

My thought at this point on Katniss' OPG is that if it's considered too powerful as-is, have her to discard her entire hand to do it.
:munch:

The problem to me is that it either does stone nothing or is a massive blowout and it's largely out of her hand

• Locked thread