Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
##Nugget reporting for duty!

6-7 Players with Mutineer, Base + Daybreak + Pegasus to Earth, gently caress Exodus

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Jek Porkins (2 PIL, 2 LEA, 1 TAC) Setup: Hangar Bay
Titles as Anders
Red Six - Every time Food is lost, Draw a Piloting card.
I Can Hold It! - Action: Once Per Game, when piloting a Viper or Assault Raptor, move all ships from one space section to yours.
I've Got a Problem Here - You cannot be target of an Evasive Maneuvers card.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Makoto Naegi (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Administration
Titles as Cottle
No, That's Wrong! - Whenever you draw a Crisis, you always make any choices printed on it, regardless of your Titles.
Ultimate Lucky Student - Once Per Game, when a die is rolled, you decide the result. This result cannot be modified.
Despair Syndrome - Whenever a Human is Executed or a Cylon is revealed, you must randomly discard 3 cards.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

A pilot who can't use Evasives is worthless.

You're right, that drawback was a bit harsh. How about :

Jek Porkins (2 PIL, 2 LEA, 1 TAC) Setup: Hangar Bay
Titles as Anders
I Can Hold It! - Action: Once Per Game, when piloting a Viper or Assault Raptor, move all ships from one space section to yours.
I've Got a Problem Here - Raiders receive a +1 to attack rolls made on Vipers or Assault Raptors you pilot.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Reposting (and editing, hopefully balancing) some from last time.

Yu Narukami (3 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Admiral's Quarters
Titles as William Adama
Wild Card: Movement or Action: Draw 2 Skill Cards from any set. Then, discard 2 from your hand.
New Game Plus: Movement or Action: Once per game, play 3 Action Skill Cards from your hand.
Silent Protagonist: You cannot activate the Communications or Press Office locations.

Yosuke Hanamura (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 ENG/PIL) Setup: Weapons Control
Titles as Starbuck
Youthful Wind: If you start your turn in a location not on Galactica, draw a card from your Skill Set.
Ideas Man: Action: Once per game, look at the top five cards of the Crisis deck, and place them on the top or bottom of the deck in any order.
Second Banana: Whenever you end your turn with Titles, you must pass them on to whoever is next in line of succession.

Chie Satonaka (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL/ENG) Setup: Armory
Titles as Chief
Galactic Punt: If you end your turn in a location occupied by another player, you may move them to any other location on the same ship. You cannot move them to or from Hazardous locations.
Trial of the Dragon: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before they are revealed), you may choose a colour. All cards of that colour are considered positive.
Meat Dimension: Whenever Food is lost, you must randomly discard 1 card.

Adachi Tohru (2 POL, 1 LEA, 2 TAC/POL) Setup: Administration
Titles as Tom Zarek
Who Wants to Talk About Murders? - Whenever another character is sent to Sickbay, or the Brig, or is Executed, draw 2 cards. They may come from any set.
Bitches and Whores - Once per game, during a Skill Check, select another player. They cannot play any cards into the check.
You're All Such a Pain in the rear end! - You cannot play an Action or Movement printed on a Politics skill card.

Probably gonna do more Persona characters as I am a massive dork :v:

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 10, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

GoatLord posted:

Miles Edgeworth (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Daybreak Lee
Opening Statement: Once per turn, before any cards are played into a skill check, you may play one card face up into that check.
Objection!: Once per game, after a skill card is played for it's effect, discard a card of the same color to cancel that effect.
Accept Your Fate: You cannot activate the Brig location on your own turn.

Edgeworth's Static is pretty crap if you end up as a Cylon and try to play any kind of cover game, imo.

e: Plus it's made a bit redundant if someone plays Inv Comm into a check

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 10, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Tossing in another character for review and editing.

Willie Nelson (2 TAC, 1 LEA, 2 PIL / ENG) Setup: Armory
Titles as Karl 'Helo' Agathon [Original]
Missing Mail: Once per turn, After totaling a skill check, you may add one additional card from the destiny deck.
JUICE!: Once per game, if exactly one other character is on the same ship as you at the end of their turn, you may execute that character.
Bloodfest Island Man?: At the end of your turn, if you are not piloting a viper, you are moved to the Armory.

You should probably make some clarifications to the drawback so it can't be used to teleport from the Sickbay and Brig.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Max Peck posted:

The Stig (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 PIL) Setup: Hangar Deck
Titles as Hot Dog
Power Lap: Movement or Action: If piloting a viper, you may move to any space area. You may then attack 1 Cylon ship in your area (even if you didn't move).
Nitrous: Action: Once per game, if piloting a viper, you may move to any space area. Target that space area with an Exodus-style nuke (without discarding a nuke token) and add 2 to the roll. If your viper is not destroyed by the nuke, damage it.
Silent: If you would make a choice on a "Current Player Chooses" crisis card, instead the President chooses for you. (This doesn't carry a post restriction; assume Clarkson is narrating for you or something. You are, however, encouraged to post your driving music while out doing laps.)

:allears: I think people who play the Stig should have to write all their posts as if Clarkson is doing the narration.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Naoto Shirogane (1 LEA, 2 POL, 2 ENG/POL) Setup: Research Lab
Titles as Romo
Private Investigator: Whenever you play an Investigative Committee card, Destiny is also played face up.
Ace Detective: Action: Once per game, look at another player's Loyalty. You may then choose to either have that player randomly discard 2 cards, or draw 2 cards from the deck of your choice.
"Boy" Wonder: You may not voluntarily move to a location containing a male character.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yukiko Amagi (2 LEA, 3 POL) Setup: Press Room
Titles as Daybreak Baltar
Famous Hot Spring Resort: Once a turn, after your Receive Skills set, you may move a player from Sickbay to your current location. They do not have to discard if they are moved to a different ship. Draw 1 card from that player's draw set, then give them a card from your hand.
Amagidyne: Action: Once per game, discard another player's entire hand. Then, they draw the same number of cards they discarded from the decks of your choice.
Terrible Sense of Humour: Whenever you discard, you must discard one additional card.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 11, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

For J-J-Jimmy, maybe make it so he can't play Crit Sits or SoEs during his OPG either?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

gently caress it, this is a really boring Saturday for me :v:

Rise Kujikawa (1 POL, 3 TAC, 1 LEA) Setup: Communications
Titles as Gaeta
Full Analysis: Once per turn, after your Receive Skills step, look at the top card of the Crisis, Destination, Quorum or Mutiny decks, and choose to place it on the top or bottom of the deck.
Impromptu Concert: Action: Once per game, lower any resource by 1 to raise Morale by 1.
Practically Jailbait: Whenever you activate the Brig location, increase the difficulty of the Skill Check by 3.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 11, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

fits posted:

Rise's static is wayyyy to strong.

I guess I could make it an Action or Movement instead, but is it that strong compared to, say, Roslin's static?

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 11, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Fixed her static

Rise Kujikawa (1 POL, 3 TAC, 1 LEA) Setup: Communications
Titles as Gaeta
Full Analysis: Whenever you successfully play a Launch Scout card, look at the top 2 cards of the deck and place them on the top or bottom in the order of your choice.
Impromptu Concert: Action: Once per game, lower any resource by 1 to raise Morale by 1.
Practically Jailbait: Whenever you activate the Brig location, increase the difficulty of the Skill Check by 3.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Cao Cao (2 LEA, 2 TAC, 1 POL) Setup: Command
Titles as Cain
King of Wei: Once per turn, after your Receive Skills step, immediately activate Command, Weapons Control or the Armory, even if they are damaged.
Hero of Chaos: Movement: Once per game, search the LEA and TAC decks for 5 cards of your choice and draw them into your hand. Shuffle the decks afterwards.
Malevolent Tumour: Whenever you are sent to Sickbay, draw only 1 card during your next Receive Skills step, even if you start your turn in a different location.

Liu Bei (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 POL) Setup: President's Office
Titles as Zarek
Scion of Shu-Han: Whenever you draw a Crisis, you may allow all other human players with 5 or less skill cards in their hand to draw 1 skill card. "Support The People" may not be played onto the check as well.
Benevolence: Action: Once per game, lower Fuel and Food by 1 to raise Population and Morale by 1.
Memories of Changban: The first time a Civilian ship is destroyed on your turn, you must discard one Skill Card and draw a Treachery.

Sun Quan (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL) Setup: Pegasus CIC
Titles as Saul Tigh
Son of the Tiger: Your maximum hand size is 12 cards.
Flames of Wu: Action: Once per game, remove all Basestars from the gameboard, or damage a Battlestar twice.
Descent Into Madness: Every time the fleet jumps, draw a Mutiny card.

I need a hobby

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 11, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

I also need a hobby :toot:

v1

The Battlestar Galactica Board Game (1 LEA, 1 POL, 1 TAC, 1 PIL, 1 ENG) Setup: Command
Support, Titles as Chief

Pegasus: Treachery cards are positive in all skill checks made on your turn.

Daybreak: Action: Once per game, choose a player. They discard a Mutiny Card and gain a Miracle Token.

Exodus: Whenever the CAG places a civilian, discard a card, up to one per turn.

Rather pro human, maybe, but it's a thing of beauty :allears: I especially like that Exodus is the drawback.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Exodus: All Exodus rules are in play. Yes, even Ionian Nebula. Have fun.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Sima Yi (2 TAC, 1 LEA, 2 POL/LEA/TAC) Setup: Captain's Cabin
Titles as Gaeta
Founder of Jin: On your turn, you may raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 1.
Mwahahahahaha!: Movement: One per game, take the Admiral and President Titles.
Surrounded by Imbeciles: On your Receive Skills step, you draw 1 less card if you are in the same location as another player.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

OPG is probably too strong, and where does he go if you're not playing with Demetrius?

Could make it so he has to pick either/or in regards to the titles. What do you think? Him starting on Demetrius is down to personal borderline-OCD :v: I'll add an "or" to his profile so he'll be placed somewhere on Galactica in the event Demetrius isn't in play.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Well, thinking on it, Tigh and Gaeta can take the Admiral title and Ellen can take either for a turn. I'm just leery of "take both titles and still have an Action."

Would making it an Action be more balanced, maybe?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Aika 2 Pol/1 Lea/2 Tac
Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore effects that would send you to Sickbay or force you to discard cards (you still discard to move between ships)
Omega Psyclone - Action: Once per game, discard your hand and move to Sickbay. Then, Make an attack against each ship of one type (Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars or civilians). Hit those ships on a 5+. This ability overrides Delta Shield.
Brash - When forced to discard, you discard randomly.

Just some thoughts on this, are there limits to her static? For example, could you activate Engine Room for free, ignore a "current player discards" choice on a crisis you draw, and avoid being sent to Sickbay by your location being damaged by a Cylon ship all in the same turn?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

I think I actually originally grabbed this one from a previous WYOR, though I don't think it was ever in the lineup:

v1

Kaywinnet Lee "Kaylee" Frye
Support
Titles as Chief
(1 LEA, 1 TAC, 3 END)
Set Up: Engine Room or Hangar Deck

Keep Flying: Movement: Discard a Repair card to treat the next Crisis Card drawn this turn as if it had a "Prepare for Jump" icon.

Genius Mechanic: Action: Once per game, repair up to two damaged locations, then activate one of them.

Cheerful: You may not activate the "Weapons Control", "Command", or "Armory" locations.

Maybe make it so her static can be used to ignore a Prepare for Jump icon as well, and clarify if her OPG can activate the locations her drawback disallows. (Because, as mentioned earlier, if playing with the Base game only her OPG is much more limited in use if it's still effected by her drawback)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah, it's why I brought it up, is discarding to activate the Engine Room (and any other location that needs a discard...although I don't think there are any?) counted as "forced"?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

I have another one:

v1

Katniss Everdeen (1 POL/LEA, 1 TAC, 3 PIL) Setup: Hangar Bay
Piliot, Titles as Kat

The Girl on Fire: Once per turn, when you are piloting a Viper and successfully shoot and destroy a Raider, you may immediately take another action. That action can only be used to shoot at a Raider or move to another sector.

The Mockingjay: Action: Once per game, execute the President. You may only use this ability while in the “Brig”.

Rebellious: When you are the target of a Critical Situation or Executive Order, you must discard two cards randomly or draw a Mutiny Card.

Just wondering about this one, I think the consensus is any OPG that can execute another character is a bit OP, even if it's restricted such as Katniss'. For example, if the President had soft revealed as a Cylon, it's not that audacious for the humans to find a way to Brig Katniss to get an easy execution off. Likewise, given execution of another player is better than any Cylon reveal ability, I can see a Cylon Katniss being very dangerous as the humans won't even be able to brig her without giving her a free chance to murder the president.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Sun Quan (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 POL) Setup: Pegasus CIC OR Quorum Chamber
Titles as Saul Tigh
Flames of Wu: Action: Once per game, remove all Basestars from the gameboard, or damage a Battlestar twice.
Descent Into Madness: Every time the fleet jumps, draw a Mutiny card. If you are the Mutineer, discard 2 cards instead.

Sima Yi (2 TAC, 1 LEA, 2 POL/LEA/TAC) Setup: Captain's Cabin OR Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Gaeta
Founder of Jin: On your turn, you may raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 1.
Mwahahahahaha!: Action: One per game, take the Admiral and President Titles.
Surrounded by Imbeciles: On your Receive Skills step, you draw 1 less card if you are in the same location as another player.

Made some tweaks. Mainly, made it so Sun Quan's drawback wouldn't make a player's life utterly miserable if they were the Mutineer as well, and made it so Sima Yi's OPG is now an Action to tone it down a notch.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 12, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

No harm done.

Can anyone think of a way for a character to be sent to Sickbay during their Action step? I don't think it's possible, but if it is, I want to make sure I can cover it.

I think a Mutiny or two involves sending yourself to sickbay, but I'll have to look into that.

e; the following Mutiny cards would send yourself to Sickbay: (some are title dependant)

Armed Resistance - Action: Send the Admiral to "Sickbay" and look at the top card of the Crisis Deck. Place that card on the top or bottom of the deck, and discard this card.
Peaceful Resistance - Action: Move to "Sickbay" and roll a die. On a result of 4 or less, send the Admiral to the Brig. Then, discard this card.
Violent Protest - Action: Draw 2 Politics Cards and send the President to "Sickbay". Then, discard this card.

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 12, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Delta Shield - On your turn, you ignore any effect that would send you to Sickbay and any Crisis effect that would force you to discard cards.

I think this is final. I don't like the idea of her ignoring Quorum cards like Unsavory Connections, but I wanted her to be completely immune to Sickbay on her turn.

Much better, now it's been clarified.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

Make her the President and draw all the Food Crises on her turn.

(She's not a very good President)

I dunno, she has a good POL draw and she could ignore the drawbacks of Quorum cards like Unsavoury Connections. I vote Aika 2014, down with Roslin!
(which reminds me, the Skies of Arcadia characters need setups and places in the titles succession :) )

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

It should be noted in regards to Katniss that an "unbriggable" soft revealed Cylon is very scary for the humans. Usually the top priority for the human team if they strongly suspect a Cylon is to brig them - with Katniss brigging suddenly doesn't become an option as it hands her a loaded gun to murder the president. As brigging her would be suboptimal, it'd allow Cylon Katniss free reign of the fleet, meaning the humans would have to make a very difficult choice. I imagine she'd become a character that centralises the "metagame" to an unstable degree, but all this is just speculation really.

Some Numbers: In my defense I didn't actually see that post of yours :v:

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 12, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

Do you have a good suggestion on how to tone it down while still keeping thematic?

No idea, as I know nothing about Hunger Games :v: A OPG Brigging of the President could be fun, but kinda useless if you're human and so is the Prez, or vice versa. (Which I guess is another issue with her original OPG) Sorry I can't help more :( I um...like her static and drawback? :saddowns:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Captain Bucky O' Hare (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 PIL) Setup: Launched in a Viper in Sector 5 or 6
Titles as Original Helo
Righteous Indignation: Once per turn, if a Viper or Assault Raptor you are piloting would be damaged or destroyed, it is instead moved to Sector 5 or 6.
Funky Fresh Rabbit: Once per game, discard a Skill Card to lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by the number printed.
Damaged Photon Accelerator: If you draw a Crisis that has a "Prepare for Jump" icon, you cannot play into the check.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Some Numbers posted:

I've got another recommendation for you guys. Skill colors have a standard order in this game: POL/LEA/TAC/PIL/ENG/TRE. Please list your characters' skill sets in that order.

Sigh fine

quote:

Makoto Naegi (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Administration
Titles as Cottle
No, That's Wrong! - Whenever you draw a Crisis, you always make any choices printed on it, regardless of your Titles.
Ultimate Lucky Student - Once Per Game, when a die is rolled, you decide the result. This result cannot be modified.
Despair Syndrome - Whenever a Human is Executed or a Cylon is revealed, you must randomly discard 3 cards.

Jek Porkins (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 PIL) Setup: Hangar Bay
Titles as Anders
I've Got a Problem Here - Raiders receive a +1 to attack rolls made on Vipers or Assault Raptors you pilot.

Yu Narukami (3 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Admiral's Quarters
Titles as William Adama
Wild Card: Movement or Action: Draw 2 Skill Cards from any set. Then, discard 2 from your hand.
New Game Plus: Movement or Action: Once per game, play 3 Action Skill Cards from your hand.
Silent Protagonist: You cannot activate the Communications or Press Office locations.

Yosuke Hanamura (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 PIL/ENG) Setup: Weapons Control
Titles as Starbuck
Youthful Wind: If you start your turn in a location not on Galactica, draw a card from your Skill Set.
Ideas Man: Action: Once per game, look at the top five cards of the Crisis deck, and place them on the top or bottom of the deck in any order.
Second Banana: Whenever you end your turn with Titles, you must pass them on to whoever is next in line of succession.

Chie Satonaka (2 POL/ENG, 1 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Armory
Titles as Chief
Galactic Punt: If you end your turn in a location occupied by another player, you may move them to any other location on the same ship. You cannot move them to or from Hazardous locations.
Trial of the Dragon: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before they are revealed), you may choose a colour. All cards of that colour are considered positive.
Meat Dimension: Whenever Food is lost, you must randomly discard 1 card.

Adachi Tohru (2 POL/TAC, 2 POL, 1 LEA) Setup: Administration
Titles as Tom Zarek
Who Wants to Talk About Murders? - Whenever another character is sent to Sickbay, or the Brig, or is Executed, draw 2 cards. They may come from any set.
Bitches and Whores - Once per game, during a Skill Check, select another player. They cannot play any cards into the check.
You're All Such a Pain in the rear end! - You cannot play an Action or Movement printed on a Politics skill card.

Naoto Shirogane (3 POL, 1 LEA, 1 ENG) Setup: Research Lab
Titles as Romo
Private Investigator: Whenever you play an Investigative Committee card, Destiny is also played face up.
Ace Detective: Action: Once per game, look at another player's Loyalty. You may then choose to either have that player randomly discard 2 cards, or draw 2 cards from the deck of your choice.
"Boy" Wonder: You may not voluntarily move to a location containing a male character.

Yukiko Amagi (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Press Room
Titles as Daybreak Baltar
Famous Hot Spring Resort: Once a turn, after your Receive Skills set, you may move a player from Sickbay to your current location. They do not have to discard if they are moved to a different ship. Draw 1 card from that player's draw set, then give them a card from your hand.
Amagidyne: Action: Once per game, discard another player's entire hand. Then, they draw the same number of cards they discarded from the decks of your choice.
Terrible Sense of Humour: Whenever you discard, you must discard one additional card.

Rise Kujikawa (1 POL, 1 LEA, 3 TAC) Setup: Communications
Titles as Gaeta
Full Analysis: Whenever you successfully play a Launch Scout card, look at the top 2 cards of the deck and place them on the top or bottom in the order of your choice.

Cao Cao (1 POL, 2 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Command
Titles as Cain
King of Wei: Once per turn, after your Receive Skills step, immediately activate Command, Weapons Control or the Armory, even if they are damaged.
Hero of Chaos: Movement: Once per game, search the LEA and TAC decks for 5 cards of your choice and draw them into your hand. Shuffle the decks afterwards.
Malevolent Tumour: Whenever you are sent to Sickbay, draw only 1 card during your next Receive Skills step, even if you start your turn in a different location.

Liu Bei (2 POL, 2 LEA, 1 TAC) Setup: President's Office
Titles as Zarek
Scion of Shu-Han: Whenever you draw a Crisis, you may allow all other human players with 5 or less skill cards in their hand to draw 1 skill card. "Support The People" may not be played onto the check as well.
Benevolence: Action: Once per game, lower Fuel and Food by 1 to raise Population and Morale by 1.
Memories of Changban: The first time a Civilian ship is destroyed on your turn, you must discard one Skill Card and draw a Treachery.

Sun Quan (2 POL, 1 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Pegasus CIC OR Quorum Chamber
Titles as Saul Tigh
Descent Into Madness: Every time the fleet jumps, draw a Mutiny card. If you are the Mutineer, discard 2 cards instead.

Sima Yi (2 POL/LEA/TAC, 1 LEA, 2 TAC) Setup: Captain's Cabin OR Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Gaeta
Founder of Jin: Once per turn, you may raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 1.
Mwahahahahaha!: Action: One per game, take the Admiral and President Titles.

Captain Bucky O' Hare (2 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 PIL) Setup: Launched in a Viper in Sector 5 or 6
Titles as Original Helo
Righteous Indignation: Once per turn, if a Viper or Assault Raptor you are piloting would be damaged or destroyed, it is instead moved to Sector 5 or 6.
Funky Fresh Rabbit: Once per game, discard a Skill Card to lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by the number printed.
Damaged Photon Accelerator: If you draw a Crisis that has a "Prepare for Jump" icon, you cannot play into the check.

wow i did more than i realised, weekends suck when you have no money

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 13, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Dexanth posted:

This OPG is pretty weak - it's almost totally useless as a toaster, and as a human all it lets you do is turn 1 skill card to another color for one check. Compare to say, Dee, whose OPG is way more versatile in that regard.

I'd suggest either :

Once per game, discard a Skill Card to raise or lower the difficulty of a Skill Check by 5
Or 5 + Card Strength. Probably the latter.

Hmm, it could have uses for a Toaster (for an easier AQ activation or Brig escape) but I see your point..it also kinda sucks that the OPG is dependent on how lucky you are with what cards you draw.

Maybe a flat -7 difficulty to a skill check?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Whilst I'm trying to work out how to fix Bucky, I may as well redo the rest of the characters I made last time.

Wile E. Coyote (1 LEA/PIL, 2 TAC, 2 ENG) Setup: Weapons Control
Titles as Chief
Stubbornness: Once per turn, if you are the current player, instead of being sent to "Sickbay" you may immediately move to a damageable location.
A.C.M.E Special Delivery: Action: Once per game, discard your hand and select two different options from the following: Grant an "Exodus" Nuke to the fleet, fire an "Exodus" Nuke, activate Basestars, activate Raiders, repair a damaged location, damage a Battlestar, restore a destroyed Raptor, add an Assault Raptor to the reserves, restore up to 2 destroyed Vipers to the reserves, repair up to 4 damaged Vipers, escort a Civilian ship off the board, destroy a Civilian ship, or activate three unmanned Vipers.
A Doomed Plan: Whenever you activate a "damageable" location, roll a die. On a 3 or less, that location is damaged.

General consensus last WYOR was Wile E. Coyote sucked, and I agreed. I've made it so his abilities are actually useful and his drawback wasn't supremely pro Cylon, although it still sucks for the Humans. His OPG is potentially a bit nuts, and is meant to reflect how in the cartoons he'd open up a catalogue or whatever and order some wacky weapons and traps from A.C.M.E, with different stuff coming every episode. May need to be toned down, not too sure.

Santa Claus (2 LEA, 2 PIL, 1 ENG) Setup: Command
Titles as Apollo
Here Comes Santa Claus: Once per turn, after your Receive Skills step, you may either move to an adjacent space sector if possible, activate an unmanned Viper, or launch yourself in a Viper from reserves.
Naughty or Nice: Action: Once per game, you may look at the top five cards of the Destiny deck and place them in the hands of any other players of your choice.
Good Saint Nick: You cannot play into an Admiral's Quarters or Airlock Skill Check.

Santa was played in the last WYOR game, and I think everyone agreed he was really boring. To hopefully improve him, I've given him a new static that should be a little more fun or at least interesting. His OPG is the same, but his drawback was altered a little so it'd actually matter more.

Jack Burton (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 PIL/ENG)
Titles As Tom Zarek (Daybreak)
All in the Reflexes: Once per turn, when another player plays a card as an Action, after the text on the card has been played out you may immediately take it into your hand instead of it being discarded. Then, discard a card.
The Check is in the Mail: Movement: Once per game, swap your entire hand with that of another player's.
I'm a Very Reasonable Guy, But I've Just Witnessed Some Very Unreasonable Things: Every time another player uses a "Once Per Game" ability, you must discard your entire hand.

Basically, just changed his static, if anyone really cares :v: The idea is he can hoard stuff like XOs and Launch Scouts and whatever whilst trashing his own excess cards to compensate

Brony Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 15, 2014

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Yeah I'd prefer Pegasus with Mutineer too...but won't mind too much without it.

I'll choose a character later :)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I'll give Cao Cao a whirl because I'm a narcissist who can't bare the thought of not playing a character I didn't write myself

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

Axiem posted:

:munch:

I don't see why not. It wasn't on my radar dradis when I made the character, though.

My intention was that you could not, and my intention was that you couldn't use it on yourself.

Both "rulings" subject to moderator agreement/veto.

If "The Game" could OPG itself, it'd be pretty silly, haha. "Use an Action to get rid of a Mutiny Card, oh and you get your Miracle Token back so OPG again if you want!"

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

well this is quite a team :allears:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

drawing 2 TAC and 1 POL for my starting draw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

I expressed my concern for Katniss' OPG earlier in the thread, but I'll be happy to allow the majority to decide.

Bush's static being a Movement could result in some wacky shenanigans, but who knows

• Locked thread