Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Lee Everett (1 POL, 1 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 POL/LEA/TAC/PIL/ENG/TRE) Setup: Command
Titles as Original Zarek
The Guy With All the Answers: Your skill set includes every skill.
Whatever It Takes: Action: Once per game, discard your hand to gain 1 Population.
The Illusion of Choice: After you make a choice on a crisis card, ignore that choice and take the top option instead.

I'm worried the drawback may be a little harsh. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Phoenix Wright (2 POL, 3 LEA) Setup: Administration
Titles as Romo
Cross Examination: Once per turn, after cards have been played into a skill check, but before revealing them, if you played any cards into the check, choose another player who played at least 1 card into the check. Randomly look at one of the cards they played into the check.
Objection!: Once per game, cancel the effect of a skill card or OPG just played.
Always Bluffing: After a skill check resolves, if you didn't play any cards into it, discard a card.

Miles Edgeworth (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Daybreak Lee
Opening Statement: Once per turn, before any cards are played into a skill check, you may play one card face up into that check.
Objection!: Once per game, cancel the effect of a skill card or OPG just played.
Accept Your Fate: You cannot activate the Brig location on your own turn.

For the life of me I couldn't find an Edgeworth sprite with the courtroom background, so I went in another direction.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I can think of a number of ways to tone it down. Would it be better to restrict it to only Action: cards, or force to to discard a card of the same color to make it work? I can really take or leave the OPG canceling.

e: Honestly I think I'd prefer the second one, because gently caress Change of Plans.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 10, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Now with a less generally applicable OPG.

Phoenix Wright (2 POL, 3 LEA) Setup: Administration
Titles as Romo
Cross Examination: Once per turn, after cards have been played into a skill check, but before revealing them, if you played any cards into the check, choose another player who played at least 1 card into the check. Randomly look at one of the cards they played into the check.
Objection!: Once per game, after a skill card is played for it's effect, discard a card of the same color to cancel that effect.
Always Bluffing: After a skill check resolves, if you didn't play any cards into it, discard a card.

Miles Edgeworth (3 POL, 2 LEA) Setup: Admiral's Quarters
Titles as Daybreak Lee
Opening Statement: Once per turn, before any cards are played into a skill check, you may play one card face up into that check.
Objection!: Once per game, after a skill card is played for it's effect, discard a card of the same color to cancel that effect.
Accept Your Fate: You cannot activate the Brig location on your own turn.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Brony Hunter posted:

Edgeworth's Static is pretty crap if you end up as a Cylon and try to play any kind of cover game, imo.

e: Plus it's made a bit redundant if someone plays Inv Comm into a check

Well you could play a small positive card face up then spike it hard with your secret contribution to try to throw them off. And canceling an XO at the right time could be a super devastating soft reveal, especially since you can do it right before your turn, so I think he still has something to offer as a cylon.

And it's not like every single skill check in the game is going to have an Inv Comm on it.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That static is pretty loving bad for team human. Most similar effects would let the people who got robbed draw cards to replace them.

e: yes, I am referring to Bender

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 11, 2014

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Isn't Cupil straight up better than Daybreak Lee's broke-rear end static? And Naive seems like it's an advantage if you're human.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Axiem posted:

I would also possibly suggest something like "all players draw two skill cards", but that also is hard to do something good with if you're a Cylon.

What if those cards are Treachery?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So what the hell is a cylon supposed to do with that?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Lu Bu (1 LEA, 2 TAC, 2 PIL) Setup: Hanger Deck
Titles as Starbuck
I Am The Strongest: All attack rolls you make while piloting a viper or activating the Armory have +2, attack rolls against you have -1.
I Will Crush You: Action: Once per game, destroy all other ships in the same space zone as you.
Strategy is for the Weak: You cannot play Tactics cards for their text.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'll just toss out this last edit then.

Lee Everett (1 POL, 1 LEA, 1 TAC, 2 POL/LEA/TAC/PIL/ENG/TRE) Setup: Command
Titles as Original Zarek
The Guy With All the Answers: Your skill set includes every skill.
Whatever It Takes: Action: Once per game, discard your hand to gain or lose 1 Population.
The Illusion of Choice: After you make a choice on a crisis card, ignore that choice and take the top option instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I really think Phoenix's static is unique and interesting, and I hope someone picks him so I can see how it plays.

• Locked thread