Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

Austin is smaller than Pittsburgh, so I imagine it'd be pretty easily for the whole city to know something.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

im still spiteful from yesterday's game

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

culture fit!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol 290 is a skinny motherfucker who certainly doesn't live in texas

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

new yorkers get a bum rap about being hostile because most of that stereotype is based on interactions tourists have with new yorkers on the street. because of all the charity people, homeless people, restaurant people, comedy club people, and assorted other groups trying to take their money on a constant basis, nyers on the street have adapted a fast gait and gruff demeanor.

once you get past that, people really open up because the whole city is a bunch of passport-carrying transplants who are far more inclusive than your average rust belt "I've known all my friends since elementary school and don't need any more" crowd. everybody is just trying to get a shot at all the things that only happen there. nobody moves there for palatial living conditions or expansive backyards or an abundance of quiet and privacy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

counterpoint they all got butthurt post-katrina so thats why we started naming winter storms, they wanted attention tooooooooooo

nah, that was the weather channel trying to kickstart its winter ad revenue

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

disrupting the post chain but to people posting about pgh upgrading to non-local cops. one of the biggest drivers of tension between citizens and the police is a racial under- or over-representation. municipalities that do not enforce a local hiring policy are statistically more likely to have an accurate racial makeup as they are able to select from a deeper and more skilled pool of candidates. pittsburgh is 65% white, yet the police force is 85% white. the paris of southeastern pennsylvania joins such cities as newark, jersey city, cincinnati, and st louis as one of only a handful of cities that enforce residency requirements.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

rjmccall posted:

there are only two three-star michelin ranked places in the bay area.

barely, they're both in fuckin napa

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

good lord. can you even afford to live in a freezer box in NYC on 30k?

two roommates on malcolm x blvd in bed stuy and they forgot to charge us electric

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you basically only buy groceries on sale, but there's a bunch of cheap and free poo poo to do if you don't mind passing on $15 cocktails

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

infernal machines posted:

WTF are you doing in new york if not buying overpriced cocktails.

poo poo why not just move to atlanta or something

saving it for dutch kills or someplace good rather than a watery jack and coke for eleven bucks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

don't ever buy or consume a cocktail with cola in it, hth

I know that's why I said I get good poo poo at good bars (eg ramos gin fizz)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it is a completely pro cocktail esp if the bartender makes a little show outta it

if you find yourself in new orleans go to the sazerac bar in the roosevelt hotel and order one, that's where several of the famous (ly corrupt) governors used to drink em

the cocktailer essentially does a little performance and ends it with a high pour it's fun

I covet

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

my mom is a nurse and works two jobs because she hasn't gotten a raise at her private practice job since 2006 because loving OBAMACARE NO WE CAN'T PAY YOU MORE :smith:

a convenient lie, tightass administrators are letting nursing decay as a profession

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm not trying to victim blame here (which I know is a bad way to start a sentence) but who the gently caress sends nude pictures to "breastperceptionstudy@gmail.com" for a research study they never joined? it doubly sucks because I'm sure the person had a genuine interest in helping breast cancer research but man oh man

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

"sign yourself up to have your wages garnished for life!"

you're right, student loans are terrible

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol at anyone anyone who thinks a for profit company with a fiduciary duty to its shareholders is a way to reduce healthcare costs or has fewer costs than a government-run program. lol at shaggar for blaming the government for cost overruns in military procurement when the reason those happen is because for profit corps are literally stealing from the government

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

a final lol at the people itt who work for those medical corps and think those evil evil doctors and their corrupt non-profit hospitals are to blame for healthcare costs and not he labyrinthine regulations and paperwork that they create on a daily basis to suck out more shareholder profits and like daedalus I hope you are cast into the labyrinth to be devoured by the minotaur

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

healthcare is just one of those things too important to be left up to market forces and profit motive, you know? idk how we can have industry subsidies and not a basic system of care for all people in the country. poo poo, even let dental and optical be their own market, but there are too many medical bankruptcies for this poo poo. single payer would also let gov control the crazy drug prices we get charged as a subsidy for the rest of the world

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Forums Terrorist posted:

that prostitution app isn't all that bad an idea to be frank

germans just love looking for girls

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wait hold on you're okay with gawking at photographs of a woman brutally murdered by someone she trusted but you're too much of a candyass to visit loving 4chan?

idt he wants to see the photos, more like "is this man in jail yet?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that article says that he was able to escape the police pursuit

in his 2001 gold ford focus

linku plz

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

they're also fat frustrated teenagers

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ah yes facebook and twitter urls will show everyone that we are hip and with it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SpecialK2 posted:

hopefully they got their money and got out, and aren't dodging bill collectors and being in VICE youtube things.

I hope they got too greedy and are now weathering the collapse of their industry in a cardboard box

gently caress those guys

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

but on the other hand, alcohol advertising

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lolololol

"An early favorite was “Think and Grow Rich,” the 1937 classic by Napoleon Hill,"

a reference to a Great Depression book about tricking the middle class into believing they can control their financial future in an article doing the same for the middle class of this recession

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's a v nice app now and I bought the old app so I have no ads either. it gives you the definitions of words your opponent plays so that's p cool

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

he's literally describing a record label

what if they made their own ticketing agency, which also owned its own venues and reseller outlet?
what if, on the power of a few recognizable artists, they sign and promote new talent?
what if they got that talent to provide their work as independent contractors?

holy poo poo record labels are the original bubble startups, the possibilities are endless

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

most of the bag-holders will be wealthy investors.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

with all the tax breaks and kickbacks they get, they're profitable before the foundation is poured

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

have either of you two cleveland guys been to jeni's in chagrin falls? place owns

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pennsylvania has happy valley, ohio has chagrin valley

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

graph yr depriving yrself of great favors like
-lime cardamom
-blackberry sweet corn
-sweet potato

it's mad good

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bloody posted:

king money in rural flyover is like 4th percentile in the valley

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bloody posted:

omg there's a gap and a banana republic too! and did you hear they're opening a uniqlo???

except uniqlo is great

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bloody posted:

for idiots

zounds i am undone

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

buffalo has the world's saddest downtown, I had coffee at a timho's that closed at 6:30

they do have an outpost of dinosaur bbq tho

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I've wanted to go to nola ever since I heard that hannibal buress bit about making your own parade for $300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pittsburgh is better than anything surrounding it for a hundred miles I guess

• Locked thread