Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
dumb poo poo like that will never go away. it's the same reason public racism surged after Obama. there is direct proof white males are losing their position of power. morons will always lash out at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Werthog 95 posted:

plz don't acknowledge the existence of weev

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
most teachers easily average 60-70 hours/week during the school year. could be more depending on how many classes you're teaching and how big your classes are. teachers are hosed, and unlike doctor the pay and respect never comes.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Sagebrush posted:

i haven't figured out what you got against me specifically but i'm starting to not like u very much either, forums poster theadder

you post a lot and most of them are bad. hth

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

can they even grow anything else in texas except cattle and fat racists

tall people with lots of white guilt

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Jonny 290 posted:

lol if you graduated

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
whole lotta men that aren't sex positive ITT

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
a women used her body in a way I don't approve of? what a bad role model for girls. they should know to listen to a mans definition of what they should admire

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
really shouldn't we be mad at Kim for being a gypsy?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
waffle house is the bomb and y'all have lovely taste if you don't like your hash browns smothered,covered, and peppered

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Bad Sneakers posted:

it looked like this

i wonder if he and the guy who rides an actual unicycle around campus are rivals

a friend has one of these, it's surprisingly fun

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
lol just wait until the next tax repatriation holiday. poo poo is gonna get a lot worse

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

its nowhere near bad enough for people to actually do things about it.

the thing is that the people who are really pissed off are the conservatives, for some reason, even though they're winning.

so basically I need them to get pissed off enough to start an actual secession movement and then we just cut 'em loose.

that's my best-reasonable-case scenario for America in my childrens lifetime.

nah, actual existential threat both sides can unite to fight. cold war 2 would instantly lead to infrastructure spending to keep up with _______________

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

yeah i can't fill in that blank with a straight face either

putin is making a run at it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i mean, he's a hard rear end but he's no stalin. not sure he could actually budge the us without a blitz like invasion of western europe

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i'm under 30 though so the cold war basically did not exist for me outside of history books

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the cold war seems so weird to me. the ussr in theory was an actual threat. not a real one, but there was a constant "they could nuke us." the closest my generation has to that is terrorism i guess.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
everyone i know's view on the ~war on terror~ is "a guy i went ot high school with went and acme back all sort of mentally hosed up"

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

no, the closest your generation has is ... oh, say ... the accidental release of forgotten soviet weaponized smallpox

well yes, terrorism is not a real threat to 99.99% of americans.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

yet another cool remnant of the cold war. the director of the soviet biowarfare division confirmed they had a smallish stockpile of weaponized smallpox ready to go. The cool thing is that no one is really sure what happened to it.

my wife did undergrad research with a prof working on making aerosolized anthrax. we've made far more nasty things since then

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

sure, but we didn't misplace several hundred gallons of it.

we've displaced nukes. no way bio weapons haven't made it out

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

rotor posted:

I dont really know what you're getting at.

All I'm saying is that the only thing I can imagine that's currently vagely comparable to the threat of global thermonuclear war is some sort of massive plauge, for instance if somehow smallpox++ came back, and really not even then.

oh yeah i understood that. terrorism is not a real threat and my generation really doens't have one other than impending late stage capitalism or random plague

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Fabricated posted:

Kill the rich.

:disagree:

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Sagebrush posted:

this was a great opportunity for a 219 reference

this happened in tempe just before i moved there for grad school. they were building two giant condo towers at the height of the housing bubble and when it collapsed the developer was left with these half completed buildings that could never be rented out or sold for enough to recoup the cost. so the guy killed himself and the buildings were left half completed w/ a crane on top and housewrap blowing in the wind the entire two and a half years i was there

another developer bought them and they now rent out at $1300/mo for a 450sqft studio below the 3rd floor. they're nearly full as well

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
statefarm is building two new towers in tempe as well that will house 15-20k people they're relocating to the new home office. the only road to get to those buildings is a single four lane road that also feeds into asus main campus lol

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
probably closer to pre-revolution russia honestly.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
only if you get a cartoony av to match

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Marx was wrong about a lot. it was simple, Marx did not see the benefit of religion, therefore watching people die and willingly tortured/imprisoned over it was beyond his comprehension, he simply failed to account for the close relationship in russia between religion and politics

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the history surrounding this is very interesting, the secularisation and privatization of the wealth of the Eastern Orthodox Church combined with the promotion of a patriarch that had political ties created tensions and led to a church schism that was marked by political dissidents

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the dissidents, who basically were aristocrats went into hiding and were hunted. Being impoverished due to their battle against the state the peasants rallied around them, though they were effectively fighting for the continuation of Russian feudalism

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
the old believers movement is fascinating and you should read about it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Marx was right in his critiques of capitalism but his use of the old believers as proof of that struggle was wrong. he was blinded by his own atheism and idealism that he forgot people were complex

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
from personal experience: many people do not read the contracts they're signing. a farm a few miles from ours rent to owned their mineral rights instead of just renting them. now they have a farm that can't be used for actual farming and none of the money from the drilling happening on it

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
why yes I a previously semi successful farmer totally don't need a lawyer to proof this contract dealing with the ability to drill and mine my land

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
agreed. that's why we sold off the cows years before the oil was known aboht

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
whynot just do communication entirely through the app both the customer and driver are required to have?

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
gently caress the saints for forcing warner to retire early and denying the cards back to back super bowl appearances

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
community college are actually seeing an influx of talented profs. if they're know they're not on tenure track the cc pays about as well with way less stress

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

uncurable mlady posted:

i cannot for the life of me think of one reason i'd want to work for facebook or google

their interns make $9k/mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

uncurable mlady posted:

why

like, i get that some of y'all just looking for a check and thats cool and all but

facebook, the concept of facebook, the idea of facebook is loving lovely

also they could use a research ethicist or twelve

you're making stupid poo poo for people to waste money on wherever yuo work. go to the place that pays you the most and lets you do the things you enjoy

• Locked thread