Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
If there's a really big magnet on the battlefield, all the enemy's bullets would stick to it as soon as they were fired. This would save millions of lives - unless, of course, the enemy countered with their own, bigger, magnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bullets are usually made out of lead which is non-ferrous so it wouldn't work. Sorry g0m. :smith:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
LLooks like war really is hell

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
New idea: a gigantic bullet-proof shield that all the soldiers can hide behind. But here's the thing - the shield is made of one-way glass, so they can see where the enemy soldiers are and shoot at them through gun holes, but the enemy soldiers can only see a really big mirror

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

You'd want it to be concave then you get the additional benefit of reflecting the sunlight at a pinpoint and burning poo poo.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
That would be pretty good. I'm not too proud to admit when my ideas have been improved upon.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Idea: Get bombers and Drone Aircraft that can fly really high and have them drop explosives against enemies who's weapons cannot reach their altitudes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Idea: Get bombers and Drone Aircraft that can fly really high and have them drop explosives against enemies who's weapons cannot reach their altitudes

Not sure this would work tbqh - an enemy bomber could just fly even higher and drop a bomb on the first bomber.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Idea: invent special glasses that let troops see bad guys in the dark when the bad guys can't see them.

Idea: invent a gun that can shoot over things bad guys hide behind.

Idea: invent a weapon that can flood an ant hill full of bad guys and drown them in fire.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Idea: invent a gun that can shoot over things bad guys hide behind.

I don't think this could really work long-term. The solution is obviously to hide behind a taller object than the gun can see over, and there's an upper limit to how tall a gun can be

Edit: Of course, this isn't TFR. Apologies for the derail.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Invent a gay bomb

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Idea: what about a plane that has a big magnifying glass on it? It could fly over the bad guys and fry them.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

no they will not posted:

Not sure this would work tbqh - an enemy bomber could just fly even higher and drop a bomb on the first bomber.

By "against enemies who's weapons cannot reach their altitudes" I mean lovely countries who can't even field a kite with a grenade tied to it

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Idea: Invent a gun that shoots explosions, but instead of pulling the trigger with your finger, the enemy pulls the trigger by stepping/driving on it. Bury them in roads and trails. Watch from a safe distance.

Maybe also shout something that makes you feel good when it works, I don't know, still working this part out. Maybe, "THIS IS GREAT!" or "THANKS, GOD!". Feel free to offer suggestions.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

Idea: Invent a gun that shoots explosions, but instead of pulling the trigger with your finger, the enemy pulls the trigger by stepping/driving on it. Bury them in roads and trails. Watch from a safe distance.

Maybe also shout something that makes you feel good when it works, I don't know, still working this part out. Maybe, "THIS IS GREAT!" or "THANKS, GOD!". Feel free to offer suggestions.

We can call them Inshallah Exterminate Dumbasses.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Idea: Only make enemies with poor people. Pay them to not fight.

Idea: If the enemy is restricting your ability to drive in your own country, use pouty lips and puppy dog eyes until they relent.
Pack cars with explosives, convince idiots to drive them into the enemy.

Idea: Invent a shower head that shoots poisonous gas instead of water. Make enemies with dirty people.

Idea: Invent an oven that cooks people. Make enemies with hungry people.

Idea: Make enemies with people who read books. They are bad at fighting.

KombatKoch
Jul 31, 2012

no they will not posted:

I don't think this could really work long-term. The solution is obviously to hide behind a taller object than the gun can see over, and there's an upper limit to how tall a gun can be

Edit: Of course, this isn't TFR. Apologies for the derail.

This legit made me lol

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Invent a gay bomb

We tested two in Japan, but they turned them into pedos. :shrug:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mad Dragon posted:

We tested two in Japan, but they turned them into pedos. :shrug:

OK, but how do you explain Afghanistan?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Idea: Invent a Takbir-seeking missile.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Why doesn't everyone just stand up, say gently caress this poo poo, and open up akimbo on the enemies' asses?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Infect all the goats with ebolaids. They all gently caress the goats/each other. They all die.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
This man needs stars on his collar like.... yesterday, before lunch so he could still get some holes in at the course.

no they will not posted:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
my idea is to use lasers to draw a picture of Muhammad on the moon.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
What if there was no war

can you even imagine

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fucitol posted:

What if there was no war

can you even imagine

last guy who imagined that was shot five times in the back

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Fucitol posted:

What if there was no war

can you even imagine
This world would be so boring.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
the only real war is the one the rich elite have forced us to wage upon ourselves

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fucitol posted:

What if there was no war

can you even imagine

That sounds terrible.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

the only real war is the one the rich elite have forced us to wage upon ourselves

i spilled my eight dollar coffee on the way to the occupation rally

the horror

the horror

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
even since i was a kid i always thought the idea of world peace would be boring as poo poo.
the gipper had it right, world peace will only happen when we have a bunch of aliens to loving slaughter.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mike-o posted:

even since i was a kid i always thought the idea of world peace would be boring as poo poo.
the gipper had it right, world peace will only happen when we have a bunch of aliens to loving slaughter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ts1DB6hFcQ

:flashfap:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
CHECK THIS OUT -> They should make the clothes for soldiers out of the same stuff the black box on a plane is made of

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

no they will not posted:

CHECK THIS OUT -> They should make the clothes for soldiers out of the same stuff the black box on a plane is made of

It would make good camo too since people can't seem to find black boxes.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It would make good camo too since people can't seem to find black boxes.

to be fair not many people care about black anything soooooo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

at the date posted:

OK, but how do you explain Afghanistan?

Fallout.

We should just cut the military budget until goatherders pose a clear and present danger, then we send in Jack Ryan to use a rare blend of class, kick-assedness, and common sense to sort it all out.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
We need to get back to basics OP, you were onto something with the magnet. Make tiny bullets that intercept the bullets the enemies fire. PM for the mailing address for the royalties check ty

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
clone dinosaurs, attach lasers and missles to them, then ride the dinosaurs into war

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
a good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

DeusExMachinima posted:

We need to get back to basics OP, you were onto something with the magnet. Make tiny bullets that intercept the bullets the enemies fire. PM for the mailing address for the royalties check ty
Okay, I've got it: small bullet-sized electromagnets that have lots of little bits of magnetized metal stuck onto them, held in place by the magnet. Immediately after the round impacts, reverse the polarity of the electromagnet and send fuckloads of shrapnel out into the target.

Is that genius, or what?

• Locked thread