Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I got it. Spend a poo poo load of money teaching your dudes in the language of enemy-ese and more money intercepting the enemy radio chatter THEN pay the enemy to interpret their own conversations

You pay the first guys just to have some r and r, and to culturally enrich themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Idea: gently caress you

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
rude

MeatForBones
Jul 9, 2012

Idea -

Booblord Zagats posted:

kite with a grenade tied to it

Also you could always create a new type of ammunition that uses High Strength Cobalt compounds, advertise it as the new most effective ammunition, make it super cheap and leak the relevant plans to China. Allow several decades for the new Chinese copied ammunition to floor the world market. Then do the really big magnet thing.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

TheMightyZang posted:

Idea -

Also you could always create a new type of ammunition that uses High Strength Cobalt compounds, advertise it as the new most effective ammunition, make it super cheap and leak the relevant plans to China. Allow several decades for the new Chinese copied ammunition to floor the world market. Then do the really big magnet thing.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheMightyZang posted:

Idea -

This guy gets it.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
putting lasers on airframes is cool and good and if you don't like that idea than maybe you can get out of america!

these colors don't run! usa #1!

god bless our soldiers!

bring them all home!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fucitol posted:

putting lasers on airframes is cool and good and if you don't like that idea than maybe you can get out of america!

god bless our soldiers!

bring them all home!

Thank you for your service.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fucitol posted:

god bless our soldiers!

bring them all home!

Lasers? gently caress he just lit the Grover signal

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Airdrop grover into ISIL territory.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
grover and caro fight ISIS and ebola in an 80's style action flick. grover makes a house with lovely lasers that attract ISIS fighters and then it collapses on them when they walk inside thinking it's a man-boy love house. caro kills by trying to do surgery on everybody.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Airdrop grover into ISIL territory.

make sure he gets dropped in with papers indicating that he is america's top weapons and aircraft engineer

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jonad posted:

make sure he gets dropped in with papers indicating that he is america's top weapons and aircraft engineer

He's no Tony Stark so this can't backfire.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Grover is like a turd you guys ate and you can't get the taste out of your mouth even years later.

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
Use a Evergreen 747 Supertanker to release Ebola tainted human material all over The Middle EastISIS and contain the area for a few years

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don't think I know this "Grover".

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

I don't think I know this "Grover".

Former non-veteran gip mod who was a GS-whatever and claimed this made him equivalent to a light colonel. He was a huge worthless douche and built a house that will one day fall over and crush his family.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

He was a huge worthless douche and built a house that will one day fall over and crush his family.

Insha'Allah

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
also he liked to post in the aeronautical thread in AI and the aviation/cold war thread in TFR, and try to convince everyone that the F-35 is a good thing and LASERS on it would be completely practical and in no way loving stupid and useless.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
maybe you can get out of america, bub.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
idea: bring back penal battalions, this will clean out the prisons. if we run low on warm bodies for all the sick rear end forlorn hopes we can do with such units, we can start drawing them from gender studies and rhetorics majors et al and losers who default on their student loans

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

idea: bring back penal battalions, this will clean out the prisons. if we run low on warm bodies for all the sick rear end forlorn hopes we can do with such units, we can start drawing them from gender studies and rhetorics majors et al and losers who default on their student loans

If we run out of bodies we can always put harsher sentencing guidelines in place. Gender studies/rhetoric major et al and loan defaulters should be the Officer Corps.

Art and English majors will be combat correspondent/combat camera/combat sketch/combat interpretive dance.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 23, 2014

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Victor Vermis posted:

combat interpretive dance.

Duffelblog needs to write an article about this new and exciting MOS.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

If we run out of bodies we can always put harsher sentencing guidelines in place. Gender studies/rhetoric major et al and loan defaulters should be the Officer Corps.

Art and English majors will be combat correspondent/combat camera/combat sketch/combat interpretive dance.

yea thats actually a decent idea. people on welfare/disability and pensioners would probably be good candidates for the frontline meat grinder units

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Victor Vermis posted:

Duffelblog needs to write an article about this new and exciting MOS.

They already report enough real news. They need to go back to being a comedy site

snooman
Aug 15, 2013
There's no need for heroics; Mohammed's chosen warriors have a history of eating themselves.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Instead of one huge unitary bullet magnet the DoD takes the American approach of "Lots of little bullet magnets, that cost a lot, and come from every state, and when one gets plinked it's like publishers clearing house for the grieving trailer trash left behind." these days.

Your idea isn't stupid, no not at all. We just like using lots of smaller less effective more expensive bullet magnets and call them warriors.

This idea predates the bullet really, and our ability to innovate on it on today's synergistic 21st century sensor fused counter counter counter terrorism intelligence oversight operations is remarkable.

Give me 3 billon dollars, a few hundred men, and I'll up armor those magnets for you just in time for you to let the local muds steal it when we leave.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
$3 billion is roughly 10million pounds of good weed, give or take a few million pounds and how good your dealer is hooking you up.

The Dog-Broccoli Gambit
Jan 19, 2004

As a retired interstate truck driver I have been concerned for a while about the possibility of our liquid fuel supplies being cut suddenly to force us into submission and I am not certain our allies would be able to help us. One way to ensure a cost effective way to maintain emergency supplies may be to build a number of cheap submarines that would float like a log and rest on a prepared bed at suitable beaches allowing a 1km long train onto a beachhead track and back on via an opening in the nose. They could be made out of concrete or steel anywhere in Australia and indeed there could be an export market for them for trade to isolated places in the world. In case of emergency a control pod attached to the top could be released and used as a life boat.

In peace times they would be non‐threatening and could pay for themselves by connecting many isolated places in the world to trade including small towns on the Australian coast. In times of hostilities they would be very hard to detect, could land army equipment on most beaches and could even sink an enemy ship by ramming it. 

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Cole posted:

$3 billion is roughly 10million pounds of good weed, give or take a few million pounds and how good your dealer is hooking you up.

You should be getting the wholesale price for $3billion.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Obama Africanus posted:

Instead of one huge unitary bullet magnet the DoD takes the American approach of "Lots of little bullet magnets, that cost a lot, and come from every state, and when one gets plinked it's like publishers clearing house for the grieving trailer trash left behind." these days.

Your idea isn't stupid, no not at all. We just like using lots of smaller less effective more expensive bullet magnets and call them warriors.

This idea predates the bullet really, and our ability to innovate on it on today's synergistic 21st century sensor fused counter counter counter terrorism intelligence oversight operations is remarkable.

Give me 3 billon dollars, a few hundred men, and I'll up armor those magnets for you just in time for you to let the local muds steal it when we leave.

Wow thanks for dropping some real poo poo on me in the Make a gigantic magnet so all the bullets will stick to it Megathread

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

no they will not posted:

Wow thanks for dropping some real poo poo on me in the Make a gigantic magnet so all the bullets will stick to it Megathread

So is GBS your own personal China Lake?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How big of a magnet do we need to start pulling down asteroids, space debris, and other poo poo onto our enemies? Isn't HAARP already working on this?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
HAARP is getting shut down so they won't be able to control people's minds anymore :smith:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

no they will not posted:

idea: run a bunch of magnetic waves thru your reproductive organs to make you sterile, theres enough retarded nerdlingers around as it is

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

poo poo just got real.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

snooman posted:

There's no need for heroics; Mohammed's chosen warriors have a history of eating themselves.

That's not even that cool. If you're going to be eating for battle, at least do it the mayan way and drink the blood of your enemies while wearing a jaguar pelt

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
I still day the easiest way of dealing with this is handle it like those commercial hog hunts down douth. Charge a guy a couple of grand to do a hunt. Give him a gun and put him in a helo for an hour and let him just go crazy. You could throw these bullet magnets out the side or deploy the mobile ones via ropes from the helo or something. We should try that.

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy
The helio magnate isn't a bad idea. You still lose that precision tho. I read in my animes that a trained ninja can take down a squad of fools though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

what if you had tony hawk busting through peoples windows like that bagel bites commercial but instead of stealing their bites he has a claymore strapped to the bottom of his skateboard.

• Locked thread