Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

corn in the bible posted:

Is Prodigal the horrible bird woman from the last game?

Yes.

And who calls their mother "sumptuous?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

No, she's the kevlar-clad rival who pretends to be your birdy sidekick in the first game.

There's no way an info dump that huge is a lie. :downs:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sure! Let's trust the crazy bitch! She only literally tried to kill everyone we know and love and then vaporize the city with a nuclear explosion! In a revenge plot that is now pointless no less!

corn in the bible posted:

Is Prodigal the horrible bird woman from the last game?

No she's the sidekick from the first game who pretended to be a bird girl.

quote:

"It turns out that Miss Artillery had a second Power set, one she went to great lengths to keep secret. Apparently mother darling not only had the Power to project weaponry, like yours truly, but she also had the Power to project her own death in a million vivid ways. So that colorful, deathly display at the hands of your parents? A Powered projection."

really?
That's the best you could loving do!? How is this in any way not a total asspull. Glad that Prodigal has become a Villain Sue though!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

And who calls their mother "sumptuous?"

Yeah I was just about to say that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hear her out.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Be on your guard.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, there's our first pathetic failure, and our first god-loving-drat SLUGGER.

Christ, do I hate made up fantasy cursing. She's lying just to see if it loses the game early or if they force us to go see her anyway.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Really? You couldn't even go with something that might make a little bit of sense, like being able to create any kind of projection (like a body double)? You have to say this person specifically has the superpower of faking their own death? GAME! :argh:

We have to believe her. I mean, literally, we're going to have to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I want to see what happens if we choose not to believe her. How will it railroad us this time?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Added Space posted:

Really? You couldn't even go with something that might make a little bit of sense, like being able to create any kind of projection (like a body double)? You have to say this person specifically has the superpower of faking their own death? GAME! :argh:

We have to believe her. I mean, literally, we're going to have to.
We're only going by what Prodigal knows/says. It's either setting it up for a reveal that this is a lie, or there's more to the power that is being let on.

And I just realized something: Prodigal faked her own death. And if there's more to the powerset, such as being able to disguise yourself... It's quite possible Prodigal is Artillery. Or at least someone the possibility that it's a not-Prodigal.

Something that doesn't add up is, wasn't Prodigal's dad also killed at the same time? I can't recall the terribleness of this series.

Then there's whatever the hell Prodigal apparently did with the Hero Project. No idea what's up with that, and the recap didn't really explain anything.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Kgummy posted:

We're only going by what Prodigal knows/says. It's either setting it up for a reveal that this is a lie, or there's more to the power that is being let on.

And I just realized something: Prodigal faked her own death. And if there's more to the powerset, such as being able to disguise yourself... It's quite possible Prodigal is Artillery. Or at least someone the possibility that it's a not-Prodigal.

Something that doesn't add up is, wasn't Prodigal's dad also killed at the same time? I can't recall the terribleness of this series.

Then there's whatever the hell Prodigal apparently did with the Hero Project. No idea what's up with that, and the recap didn't really explain anything.

I don't think they ever said anything about Prodigal's father at all.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

What do you think?

I believe Prodigal. I have to.

Prodigal is definitely lying. I can't trust her. Ever.

I'm not sure what to believe. So I'll hear Prodigal out, but keep my guard way up.

quote:

+14 Relationship with Prodigal

Then comes an even harder question: what are you going to do about it?

Before you can decide, you feel the ground beneath you shift. You watch as thick roots begin to erupt from the earth, spraying dirt everywhere and extinguishing the fire. You fall backwards to avoid a snapping root and it takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust to the darkness, but when they do, you find Prodigal hanging upside down in the air, her body tightly wound with sturdy tree roots.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't have Birchward here squeeze the life from your miserable bones."

You twist to find Grandma standing in the doorway, her hands outstretched and shaking.

"Batma," Prodigal chokes out. "Will you do the honors?"

"She claims that Miss Artillery is alive," you say to Grandma. "And she needs my help to find her."

Grandma stares at you, blinking several times.

quote:

"Shouldn't she be dead?" Grandma asks.

"Which one?" you return.

"Slugger," Grandma says, pinching her brow. "Why do the craziest ones always seem to have nine lives?"

"We weapon-women are rather resilient," Prodigal gasps, her face turning nearly as red as her mask.

"In that case: Birchward?" Grandma says, turning back to you as the roots wrap even tighter around Prodigal's body. "Does she have any way of proving her claim?"

"No."

"How convenient," Grandma sighs. "You shouldn't believe her, Batma."

"I know, but…I want to."

"I don't trust her for a second."

"If there's even a sliver of truth to what she's saying, I have to know."

"I don't think she'd lie about this, Grandma."

Character Sheet posted:

Codename

Snowdrop Notevil Goodperson

Stats

Fame: 62% Justice: 38%

Lawless: 50% Lawful: 50%

Offensive: 57% Defensive: 43%

Soloist: 50% Team Player: 50%

Unleash: 50% Control: 50%

Feared: 50% Revered: 50%

Revenge: 55% Ideals: 45%

Freedom: 50% Security: 50%

More Stats

Power: 60

Health: 80

Money: 19,500

Legend: 0

Your Relationships

Grandma: 70%

Jenny: 50%

The Victons: 5%

Prodigal: 19% :siren:

The American Protectorate: 5%

Black Magic: 50%

Lucky: 50%

World Statistic

Anti-Powered Sentiment: 95%

Unknown Stat: 0

Unknown Stat: 1

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm actually with grandma here. Killing her would be a good start to solving our problems.

Pity our choices are, respectively, "y-y-yes s-s-s-senpai", "tch if I must", "I suppose I have no choice" and "I'm a putz who believes everything people tell them"

Fine.

Option A

Because metagame dictates we need points.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
Option B.

I want to stop the trainwreck before it happens, but I'm going to enjoy it all the same.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Option A. Spread our arms wide and embrace the oncoming trainwreck.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Murdergranny is the best character in this series and for that reason alone we should listen to our grandmother (option B).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's good to see that grandma is so hip and happening that she uses the same curses as us.

Prodigal would never lie to us. Option 4

edit: Prodigal is going to turn out to be her own mother

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

I want to trust her.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

How exactly did this particular asspull come about where that dude we killed is alive and we're alive too? :psyduck:

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

"How convenient," Grandma sighs. "You shouldn't believe her, Batma."

"I know, but…I want to."

"I don't trust her for a second."

"If there's even a sliver of truth to what she's saying, I have to know."

"I don't think she'd lie about this, Grandma."

quote:

+4 Relationship with Prodigal

"She's a lunatic who will say anything to warp our lives," Grandma answers. "You have to know that."

Grandma isn't wrong. Not too long ago, Prodigal nearly killed you, Grandma, and Jenny, not to mention a good chunk of Millennia City, as well. Her obsession with you and your family runs almost as deep as her insanity.

"You know," Prodigal wheezes, "I'm hanging right here."

"Listen, I came outside to get you for a reason, before I discovered this nasty surprise," Grandma says, turning back inside. "There's something on 3V you need to see."

quote:

10 Minutes Later

After tying Prodigal tightly with some of Grandma's strongest vines and plopping her in the corner under the watch of the De Milo and her budding venus flytrap family, you sit with Grandma in front of the 3V.

"Wait, shouldn't we call —"

"Jenny is already on her way," Grandma interrupts. "You need to see this first."

"I'm sorry," Prodigal starts, "but we really don't have oodles of time before—"

"Shut up!" you and Grandma both say in unison. You then turn back to the 3V to find…

President Victon, giving his first live speech from the Oval Office.

All I can think of is ruining his life, like he has tried to ruin mine.

I cannot wait to expose Victon's true self to all of America.

I see the representation of everything I stand against.

Character Sheet posted:

Codename

Stats

Revenge: 55% Ideals: 45%

More Stats

Your Relationships

Prodigal: 23% :siren:

World Statistic

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
We will unmask President Evil.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Let's ruin him.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
What, no Hitler Victon has some good ideas, option? :hitler:

I want to Expose Victon. In his undies, yes, for maximum humiliation. Muahahahahahahahaha

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Critical Acclaim for Heroes Fall

SpookyCat posted:

I liked the character development throughout all three games and it's nice to see how much some of the characters matured in this game. The Heroes Rise trilogy is a must play if you enjoy reading or just want to immerse yourself in an awesome story.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ruiniation awakens!

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Oh yes, now I remember. This series is all about events happening regardless of your input and then your options are always, "How do you feel about this latest development?"

At least it's really clear how much player agency you're given.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Let's be spiteful

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I am glad we tied up Prodigal without letting her drag us to our next plot point. Thank you game, that's genuinely redeeming.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
At this point it's not even worth it to make the choices.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Yeah, at this point it may be easier if you just make all of the choices as if we are a bunch of spiteful assholes.

I am seriously wondering where, exactly, all this praise comes from. I mean I am not exactly a critical scholar but the fact that I was unable to finish heroes rise because I was bored out of my mind really makes me wonder about how these people actually say "oh wow it is amazing" I mean even DA2 had criticism aimed at it and it was a train wreck!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

SSNeoman posted:

I am glad we tied up Prodigal without letting her drag us to our next plot point. Thank you game, that's genuinely redeeming.

The only thing branching about this game is Grannie

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

President Victon, giving his first live speech from the Oval Office.

All I can think of is ruining his life, like he has tried to ruin mine.

I cannot wait to expose Victon's true self to all of America.

I see the representation of everything I stand against.

quote:

+6 Revenge / -6 Ideals

"I'd like to assure the American people that we are moving forward fully with the Infinity Regulation Program, or IRP, for short," Victon starts, the ever-stylish Mrs. Victon at his side. "The first notices will go out to registered Infini Powereds tomorrow to report for free testing and therapy at our brand new Infinity Regulation Center, which houses the Infinity Regulator.

"We expect full cooperation from all invited Infini citizens," President Victon says with a stern smile. "However, The American Protectorate has been cleared to retrieve anyone who fails to appear."

The camera pans to show The American Protectorate standing in the corner of the Oval Office. And your blood boils a little hotter looking across the faces of the "heroes" who wronged you, all standing in such a prominent position.

Though really, you feel the worst about :

1. Rebellion.

2. Inherit.

3. Jury.

4. Summit.

5. Stage Show.

6. Wintry.

Character Sheet posted:

Codename

Stats

Revenge: 61% Ideals: 39%

More Stats

Your Relationships

Prodigal: 23%

World Statistic

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
WINTRY IS A BIIIITCH

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Are we supposed to know who the gently caress these guys are? Because even after re-reading the recap of the previous episodes I have no clue how they differ from each other, they are all generic "flunkies of the big bad boss" types to me.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

gently caress you Inherit.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I can't even remember what they did, but I do feel an unknown hatred for Rebellion.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
We hate... uh...

Inherit

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Added Space posted:

We hate... uh...

Inherit

That is an excellent idea.

Summit makes my blood run hot.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Jury, I mean he doesn't even have s real power!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Is one of THEM the turkey woman? All I remember is that I hate turkeywoman so if she's there I vote for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Rebellion

The other ones don't matter in the least.

• Locked thread