Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Washington redshirt junior CB Marcus Peters has been dismissed from the team, according to Dave Mahler and Adam Jude.

Peters was suspended for the Illinois game due to a sideline tirade after he was benched for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Perhaps the most talented draft-eligible prospect at his position, Peters will have to now answer even more questions about his time with the Huskies but is absolutely NFL bound. Beat writer Adam Jude reports the corner "got into an argument with an assistant coach during practice Wednesday, a source said, apparently the final straw in a series of run-ins with Washington’s new coaching staff." This was after having another argument with coaches during the Colorado and after missing practice on Tuesday. Washington faces UCLA on Saturday. Peters is the ninth player Chris Petersen has dismissed or suspended since taking over in February.

Welcome to the Jets, Marcus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I have to say, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu really sucks. Will get eaten alive by anyone who can leap. Has been terrible this year.

Fenrir posted:

I've watched him in about 12 or 13 games - and I know, small sample size, but I saw Luck in maybe 8 or 9 tops and knew he was a NFL QB. Mariota doesn't have the downfield accuracy or the pocket presence to be a NFL QB. It's basically the same thing almost all of us said about most of the QB busts of the last 10 years.

You are right as well

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 6, 2014

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Jaelen Strong lives up to his name and is real good, no one can stop his back shoulder sideline fade. Also caught a Hail Mary (the worst defended Hail Mary in history)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

bigmcgaffney posted:

Jaelen Strong lives up to his name and is real good, no one can stop his back shoulder sideline fade. Also caught a Hail Mary (the worst defended Hail Mary in history)

That guy impresses me every time I watch ASU. He should be a top 10 pick.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

so i'm dumb with college football, any good CB prospects to keep an eye on?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Sour Diesel posted:

lol good timing. marcus peters, CB for washington was projected to go in the top half of the first round and one of the top prospects at CB in the country. then today he got kicked off the team after a string of incidents in which he verbally assaulted his coaches and skipped practice and other general assholery

so if it turns out he can get his poo poo together you might be able to grab him for a bargain if he drops to the late 1st or even 2nd

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

Trae Waynes out of Michigan State is someone to watch too, I like him a lot. Some say PJ Williams out of Florida State is good but Devante Parker made him look real mediocre last week.

As always, https://www.draftbreakdown.com is the best to get some quick film on guys.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tyler lockett

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lockett is pretty much Torrey Smith if Torrey Smith could return kicks. Add to that the fact he could probably be had around the 4th round and you got yourself a real good value.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

garrett grayson is gonna get drafted in like the 6th round at best if at all, but should he be???

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Who are the prosprects o watch in Vama LSU tonight? I know Bamas WR/RB and the SS.

I think LSUs LT?

Anyone im missing, or any potentials?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
While noting that this is the wrong way to watch college ball unless you're actually a scout I think those are probably the big ones for next year. LSU RB Fournette is a huge recruit/prospect but he's just a freshman.

e: pop into the GDT when the game starts and ask there, fans of those teams will have a better feel for under the radar types to watch

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 8, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Updated draft order through the 4pm games...

http://overthecap.com/2015-nfl-draft-selection-tracker/

1. Raiders
2. Jaguars
3. Bucs
4. Jets
5. Titans

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
http://www.tmz.com/2014/11/09/jameis-winston-ncaa-investigating-point-shaving-allegations/

At this point he may not get drafted at all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

As much as I think Jameis is human trash, this is pretty far fetched. Unless his Honor Code hearing results in something huge, the guy will still be QB 1a/1b off the board. So top 5. Also, he could continue to do more stupid poo poo and that wouldn't surprise me, so I am only talking about current things.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

As much as I think Jameis is human trash, this is pretty far fetched. Unless his Honor Code hearing results in something huge, the guy will still be QB 1a/1b off the board. So top 5. Also, he could continue to do more stupid poo poo and that wouldn't surprise me, so I am only talking about current things.

Point shaving is almost impossible to prove anyway. Unless someone comes forward with evidence of a conversation or agreement with him you're never going to make those charges stick.

Problem is as far as most NFL teams are concerned in their pre-draft process if you've listened to Bob Marley you're a drug risk. The investigation, even if he's cleared is going to be a stain on his prospects.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

BlindSite posted:

Point shaving is almost impossible to prove anyway. Unless someone comes forward with evidence of a conversation or agreement with him you're never going to make those charges stick.

Problem is as far as most NFL teams are concerned in their pre-draft process if you've listened to Bob Marley you're a drug risk. The investigation, even if he's cleared is going to be a stain on his prospects.

Yeah, the NCAA investigating him means nothing. Now if the Feds start investigating, then yeah, dude will definitely drop and will get Pete Rose'd out of the league before he enters it.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

swickles posted:

Yeah I was being facetious, but it is yet another smear on his resume. It's likely that teams will pass on him because of the amount of drama that follows him around.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That original "story" came from noted fraud Incarcerated Bob so I wouldn't put too much stock in it

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Jameis, we don't need to be inventing ridiculous ones

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

il serpente cosmico posted:

Yeah I was being facetious, but it is yet another smear on his resume. It's likely that teams will pass on him because of the amount of drama that follows him around.

I can see teams playing the redemption angle pretty hard if they had someone established as a starter and a strong leadership group. I don't think he goes high, especially with the glut of late risers we get every year.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is Gerod Holliman half as awesome as the stats make him look? Because if he is he's a really good football player.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Is Gerod Holliman half as awesome as the stats make him look? Because if he is he's a really good football player.

Better than David Amerson ever was.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Watching FSU and Miami right now, and the Winston comparisons to Roethlisberger are completely apropos. Just watched him pull himself out of a personal foul facemask sure sack, and deliver the ball 30 yards downfield without being even remotely rattled. Then, he short-armed a 5 yard checkdown.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
so can we just write in Melvin Gordon to Oakland at #1 or...

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Parmesan Basil posted:

so can we just write in Melvin Gordon to Oakland at #1 or...

Oakland will draft a shredded knee Gurley #1 for the sake of all non-Raider fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I can't imagine a RB going in the top 5 in this era. I also thought that 3 years ago though and then Trent Richardson happened.

Dan Brugler is a cool guy and I like his mock drafts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So how does this draft break down compared to last year? Where is it strong at and where is it weak? Or is this something we gotta wait on Bewbies for?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ozu posted:

I can't imagine a RB going in the top 5 in this era. I also thought that 3 years ago though and then Trent Richardson happened.

You like a guy who can't even properly mock a draft. Twice he has guys being drafted twice (Goldman (26,30) Parker (22,28)). I'm not saying he's bad but come on.

Also, he doesn't have Jaelen Strong in the first round and that is just a wrong opinion.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Ozu posted:

Neither Gordon nor Gurley is the super prospect that Trent Richardson was. Gordon is also benefiting from an outstanding Wisconsin offensive line and playing against the Big Ten which is probably the worst power five division. He is legitimately a fantastic college player and I'd be stoked to have him on my team but I get why some people would have pause about drafting him that high.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

You like a guy who can't even properly mock a draft. Twice he has guys being drafted twice (Goldman (26,30) Parker (22,28)). I'm not saying he's bad but come on.

Still owns. His pre-draft scouting report is a good buy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndzs2mnvzkhc4o3/2014_NFL_DRAFT_GUIDE.pdf?dl=0

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Declan MacManus posted:

Neither Gordon nor Gurley is the super prospect that Trent Richardson was. Gordon is also benefiting from an outstanding Wisconsin offensive line and playing against the Big Ten which is probably the worst power five division. He is legitimately a fantastic college player and I'd be stoked to have him on my team but I get why some people would have pause about drafting him that high.

Gurley is. But that ACL isn't going to do him any favors.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ozu posted:

Still owns. His pre-draft scouting report is a good buy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndzs2mnvzkhc4o3/2014_NFL_DRAFT_GUIDE.pdf?dl=0

That is a pretty impressive piece right there. When does he normally release that? I'd assume post combine.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

That is a pretty impressive piece right there. When does he normally release that? I'd assume post combine.
Typically. And he only charges $5.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I wonder if the struggles of Griffin, Kaepernick, Wilson etc. will do any damage to Mariota's draft stock. It probably should be taken into consideration.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't we learn our lesson not to trust Wisconsin RBs?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

I wonder if the struggles of Griffin, Kaepernick, Wilson etc. will do any damage to Mariota's draft stock. It probably should be taken into consideration.

I just don't know if the NFL is ready for a quarterback that leaves the pocket.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ozu posted:

I was scrolling through this and thought he forgot the Chiefs for a minute but then I realized they were at 28 :stare: I've never seen us mocked that high ever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Messed around looking at a few of the early mocks to kill time and everyone's got DGB going in the first. I can't blame them based on talent but I can't imagine he'll interview very well and it isn't like he's been playing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Two of the three have retarded offensive coordinators and the other has had injury issues but flashed big time ability.

If there's one thing you can bet on its the arrogance of a front office gambling on a player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Mariota's pocket presence has improved a bunch this year - almost to a fault considering his o-line problems.

• Locked thread