Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fenrir posted:

Calling it now: Mariota will never make it as a NFL QB.

Call me stupid, call me an rear end in a top hat, I don't care. He's going in the first round and he's not gonna amount to even 1/4th of an Andrew Luck.

Ok for real I'm not calling it now, I called this poo poo a year and a half ago. Mariota will never do anything in the NFL.

Why do you think this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So an incredibly idiotic reason that has no bearing on anything

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alouicious posted:

lotta people who don't watch college football talkin about college football players in here

I watch a lot of college football and I still can't really tell how skills will transfer to the next level :(

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

b0ng posted:

Man the Texans should look at every loving QB playing in college right the gently caress now to see if they can hack it in the NFL level. I like Hundley's size but it seems like he hasn't done himself any favors this year. I have a really sinking feeling that the Texans will not draft a QB very high in the draft in 2014 which is going to make me sad because I don't want front row seats to the Ryan Mallet Experience™.

They're just going to sign Sam Bradford

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm the alpha male of this thread. All you ugly fuckers get out. This is my threat now.

Should the Chiefs draft a QB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Winston is good, Mariota is good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

They still wouldn't have a WR with a touchdown because Alex Smith

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sean10mm posted:

When has drafting a colossal idiot to play NFL QB worked? Because Winston just seems super dumb.

Big Ben

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

In Dan's rookie year he said he didn't know the playbook very well at all, so he just threw it to whoever was open.

That's a real good strategy, more QBs should do that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

excidium posted:

Only recently. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Albert, Eric Berry and Dontari Poe within the last 9 years.

I wouldn't brag about drafting a locker room cancer

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alouicious posted:

the first clue should have been that he came from Wake Forest, and nothing successful ever came from Wake Forest (sorry foochs <3 u)

Chris Paul?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Tim Duncan?

Eh, Kawhi Leonard is the most important part of the Spurs, Duncan is window dressing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

If the Raiders take an RB with a top 5 pick then they deserve everything that happens as a result.

I was gonna say, yeah, please Raiders, take an RB coming off an ACL surgery with a top 5 pick. Please.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

He might fall a bit, but I bet he's still the first back off the board, and goes much earlier than any back in recent history.

wasn't Trent Richardson like a top 3 pick a couple of years ago

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Whisenhunt with Mariota could rule

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Provide these examples.

New England
Denver
Seattle
Dallas

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

By your logic, the Raiders were correct in taking Jamarcus over Calvin Johnson. Your logic is stupid.

The Chargers passed on Franchise QB Michael Vick to take some short idiot from the midwest in the 2nd round. What a dumb loving move

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Whisenhunt likes his QBs big, slow, and dumb though

Of all the criticism I've ever heard about Rivers, lack of intelligence is a new one

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Doltos posted:

I'm not sure if Mariota is a franchise QB, same with Winston. Their arms are probably the best in the class but aren't that great compared to the top tier NFL starters. Like I think Mariota was the 4th best QB if he came out last year. Winston would probably be taken where Manziel was.

What are your thoughts on Hundley?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nawid posted:

Can anyone name 5 QBs they would rather start a franchise around instead of Wilson?

Luck
Rodgers

That's about it, taking age into consideration for Brady, Brees, Peyton, Romo, Eli, Ben, Rivers, etc

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 30, 2014

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The point is that the NFL is gonna have a dearth of QB skill when like 7 of the top 10 guys are 34+

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Royce Freeman owns really hard

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

Winston is the best QB in this draft and it isn't even close. Please let him drop to the 2nd or 3rd so the STeelers can draft him to be Ben's eventual rape ascendant replacement

He's literally not falling out of the top 3 picks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What skills do you think he shows that would make him even a marginal threat at the pro level?

His accuracy is garbage even for the college game.
His elusiveness has been exposed at the professional level.
His personality is a giant siren

He's completing like 66% of his passes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wheez the roux posted:

hopefully winston can redefine draft bust. ryan leaf was 17 years ago its time for someone new to take the throne

Jamarcus tried, man

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jamaracus was like 5 years ago

Leaf was a bigger bust

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Considering what they gave up for him RG3 has to be in consideration

He had a good season though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Wolfy posted:

Never. I assume that NFL teams aren't stupid enough to take things like that into consideration.

You root for the Raiders and still assume this?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

If Gurley is a rare prospect he wont fall out of the first round. I base this solely on Adrian Peterson getting hurt back to back years then getting drafted in the top ten

Wasn't Peterson's injury coming out of college a collarbone?

That's a little different than an ACL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Interesting if true.

@realshaunking
Lil birdie telling me jameis is staying in school and will not enter the 2015 draft.....

this would be hilarious

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

It's either Jameis the Buc or the Nole. You can't escape him.

Take Mariota

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Does this mean we can stop being diplomatic about maiotas pro prospects?

The funny part is every analyst using Mariota's pro prospects as a way of justifying picking Ohio State tonight

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The idea that Christian Hackenberg should be a first round pick is proof that no one watches penn st games.

Brees was drafted 32nd overall! That counts, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Brian Russell was a QB at SDSU and a bad safety in the NFL for various teams

I mean, he was a QB for a season but then switched to DB in 99 and was an All MWC selection

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hand Row posted:

Can anyone rival when the Packers had Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, Ty Detmer and Kurt Warner on their team at the same time? They then replaced those guys with Aaron Brooks and Matt Hasselbeck yeesh.

The 2004 Chargers had Brees, Rivers, and Flutie

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Dear Cleveland do not loving draft Bryce Petty let him go someplace he can actually have a shot at growing into things and not dealing with a toxic environment please and thank you.

Your new San Diego Charger, Bryce Petty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

So if Marshawn Lynch gets in the Hall of Fame does that mean Adrian Peterson gets elected to the Justice League or what

Just don't let him near the teen titans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Keenan Allen overachieved badly in 2013 and reverted to mediocre status last year and will never have a season like his first one

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Wasn't he playing injured the whole season?

Eh, from about week 10 onward, just like everyone else when the offense decided to just die.

Except for the 2nd half in San Francisco which I still can't explain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AfterFather posted:

Shouldn't the dip in his numbers be attributed to them changing Offensive Coordinators? Ken Whisenhunt's offense with a decent Quaterback is magical.

I'd say it had more to do with Floyd being healthy and Gates finding the fountain of youth

• Locked thread