Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alouicious posted:

lotta people who don't watch college football talkin about college football players in here

it's that wonderful time of year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ozu posted:

It makes me a bad person to prefer Winston over Mariota, right? His release a bit slow but the accuracy and power is on point. I've seen him make a couple back shoulder throws that haven't existed in a Jets playbook since Favre and before that Testaverde.

Winston is a lot better

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Winston is the best QB in this draft and it isn't even close. Please let him drop to the 2nd or 3rd so the STeelers can draft him to be Ben's eventual rape ascendant replacement

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

He's literally not falling out of the top 3 picks

I know, but I can hope that off the field bullshit makes him drop

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man RD we are tight but this would be the worst thing ever

I mean Landry Jones starting NFL games would be funny as hell, but, drat,

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jameis Winston is a barely functional interception throwing baby loser and has not shown a single marketable talent for the NFL and will be the albatross around the neck of whatever GM is going to be dumb enough to draft him

good job being the typical TFF NFL poster that has never watched college football and don't know a drat thing about any prospects except what retard doltos says

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

You said this about Manziel last year.

One year does not make a QB

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Which Ohio State players go higher than they should now that they just owned Alabama

anyone on defense since dick lebeau loves them all and wants to kiss them on the mouth

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What skills do you think he shows that would make him even a marginal threat at the pro level?

His accuracy is garbage even for the college game.
His elusiveness has been exposed at the professional level.
His personality is a giant siren

No
Nope
WHo cares

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Jesse James is leaving school to enter the draft, making him the 3rd PSU player to do so. Except he's the only one with a chance of getting drafted in the middle rounds

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Really? I think he might already be in the top 3 for Tight Ends. It was a garbage class before he and Maxx Williams declared.

He'll be a workout freak probably and is a really talented route runner and pass catcher but god drat did John Donovan's lovely offense not do him any favors. He is prone to getting the dropsies randomly and can't block especially well for how big he is

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Grittybeard posted:

I've been sad for years there wasn't a DC named Pinkerton who alternately got killed by him and then assassinated him shut him down.

He's always seemed like a pretty decent traditional tight end, I hope whoever drafts him is happy.

I think he has a chance of ending up more like a Jimmy Graham type than a traditional one

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Any mock that has the Steelers taking a NT in the first can be safely ignored

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I've watched a decent bit of Lockett and he reminds me a decent bit of Antonio Brown

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
As it stands right now I think I want Bud Dupree more than anyone else for the Steelers first round pick. Trae Waynes and Maxx Williams would also be rad

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

football fuckerman posted:

I'd prefer Bud Kilmer

Well, I mean, yeah

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

PrinceRandom posted:

drat Bo Wallace got snubbed from the combine.

Edit: I mean, he sucks but he was QB for a Top 10 SEC team.

Bo Wallace is a real flip a coin dude, 25% of the time you get a dude making GBS threads all over everyone and 75% of the time you get a dude who flat out loving sucks at everything

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Adrian Amos hasn't gotten much hype but I think he's going to be one of the better safeties in the class. Always around the ball, good ball skills, pretty much never gets burned, always seems to be in the right place coverage wise. I'd love the Steelers to grab him, PSU homerism aside

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

He will be a Steeler if he's still on the board in the mid to late teens, and I can see them moving up to take him

nah it's time to unleash the sharknado

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I've been saying for awhile I want Bud Dupree with the Steelers first pick and today did nothing to change that

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
He's a mini Antonio Brown, he owns lot

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Atticus Finch posted:

They can't ignore cornerback forever. Unfortunately.

Waynes will be long gone by the time they pick and I strongly doubt they roll the dice on Peters. Maybe PJ Williams though. But it's all moot Colbert won't draft a corner before the 3rd round like usual

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

TyrionBecomesASlave posted:

get ready for the best available olb

I really want that actually. I wouldn't rule out Maxx Williams if he's still around either honestly. Maybe Landon Collins or a top tier OT if one drops. Feels like there's going to be a lot of options

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ehud posted:

Everyone says Winston is so smart on the field, but holy god did he throw a lot of really bad picks last year.

He was throwing games in the first half all year to make a shitload of gambling cash

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Gregory is one of those dudes who will rush the passer ok but won't do anything else worth a poo poo. He's going to be badly overdrafted

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Perry the Platypus posted:

In the unlikely event that Trae Waynes falls to somewhere like 17, what do you think it would cost for the Steelers to move up from 22? Desperately need CBs.

Hard to say without knowing who has been taken up to that point

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Mariota do you have a fiery personality. Are you a little dumb baby bitch. Can you complete a pass longer than 5 yards you loving moron rear end in a top hat

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

imagine a world where the seahawks don't waffle at the last minute and take andy dalton instead of carpenter

I am...and I'm having a hearty larf mate, to be sure

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Eifert Posting posted:

They would have drafted Kaep.

That's even funnier than having dalton

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Better that than a a 100 million dollar DT.

In this example the DT is vastly better comparatively and won't completely bury the team with his lovely play

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
come the gently caress on, that's like comparing brady to dalton or something. don't make me defend crazy this fervently

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

BlindSite posted:

Do what you feel homie. Suh is a great player I won't deny that, but what I will deny is that it's a good idea to give him over a hundred million dollars when he's traditionally been up and down against the run (until last year) and he's going to make the retention of their few stand out players very difficult over the next few years. I really like Tannehill and I think next year he'll take the next big step in his career, but he's already quietly better than most assume. He'll likely command something around 110 million dollars in his own right if he's to be detained and chances are that's going to be over 7 or so years to lock up the bulk of his career. Which means that nearly a third of the cap is going to be tied up on 2/53 of the roster. That's a lot of other positions to cover.

DTs aren't dime a dozen I'll grant you, but with the right combination of depth signings and drafting you can still have a brilliant defensive interior. It's going to be pretty hard for the Dolphins to remain competitive.

Is Suh that much better than his competition that you'd hamstring the entire franchise to have him? I don't think so personally. He's not the type of difference maker JJ Watt is.

EDIT: I want to point out I know contracts can be fiddled with and restructured etc, but keep in mind that Tannehill is entering his fourth year, they'll likely exercise his option and keep him on contract for his 5th before giving him his extension. Which means he'll be expensive as poo poo for years 5 and onwards if he remains with the team right around the same time as Suh's contract gets painful.

I get at all that and while i don't personally like Tannehill a bunch, he's enough of a franchise QB that they'd be pretty dumb to let him go and regardless of what they have going on there is always room to sign a franchise QB, and the dolphins are not the kind of team that I would say enough other parts to override that and to roll the dice on someone else in the draft. I truly think that the combo of what they have with Tannehill ( as much as I dislike him) and the defense with what Suh has to offer is enough to get them over the hump and compete for a wildcard at least, which is as much as you can hope for with Brady sticking around. They have the cornerstone pieces, just gotta be smart in free agency and the draft to bring it all together because those are as good as pieces as they will ever have (I realize this is the Dolphins we are talking about, but they've given themselves a big leg up here). I don't know I feel like I'm rambling because I've got other poo poo going on but god forbid those are my Dolphins Thoughts.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ZenVulgarity posted:

I want Roasted Donuts to do a quick rundown of "cool" and "soft pussy" players

who would you like to know about.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

FizFashizzle posted:

Jarvis Jones.

He's more soft pussy bitch than cool so far but was looking good last year until he broke his wrist on cam newton's rear end so maybe he'll be cool this year.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

SA2K posted:

Dan Shelton

dan shelton is cool as hell and will just ragdoll mother fuckers around in the games that he doesn't disappear in. i'd be cool with him. best nt in this draft by a large margin imo

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Neither that safety nor that corner had a prayer once that safety bit on the play action. Bryant has 4.3 straight line speed

yeah aint no one catching up to him if he gets a step

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ozu posted:

Who was the Giants fan that said NONONONO way they can draft a WR even if it's BPA. If Cooper is there you have to take him.

I think that's the case for almost everyone after like pick4. Hell, if he miraculously dropped to the Steelers you're drat right I'd take him even with all the young WR talent we have

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
dude needs to continue being a monster pass rusher in the nfl because he can't set an edge or play the run for poo poo

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

SA2K posted:

RD what is your opinion on Laken Tomlinson

he needs to get better at sticking to blocks but he's a big strong cool dude that's gonna own. he's like this years larry warford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Blitz7x posted:

RD gut reaction

Cooper vs White who has a better pro career

cooper pretty easily

• Locked thread