Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ifo was my draft crush a year ago, y'all are loving late to the party. I really wanted him to declare last year.

Amari Cooper is like everything I love in a WR prospect, unfortunately it's a year where we don't have a billion extra picks so there's next to no chance the Niners will be in range to draft him unless the wheels completely fall off from here. I like Parker a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alouicious posted:

lotta people who don't watch college football talkin about college football players in here

I usually work on Saturdays and my school has been poo poo most of my life except for that brief awesome period where we had Aaron Rodgers and Marshawn Lynch at the same time. I catch a few games when I can, but I'm definitely a much more dedicated NFL fan.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

They're just going to sign Sam Bradford

That... might not be a terrible idea, actually

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Andrew Luck: alpha male

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Trent Baalke was at the FSU-Louisville game tonight. Devante Parker, please and thank you.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I would be thrilled with any of Strong, White, or Parker. They've all looked great from what I've seen of them. I already love Cooper but there's no way in hell he falls to the Niners.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MourningView posted:

Big cannon armed dudes with iffy accuracy and decision making are kinda Wisenhunt's jam.

Also, the Titans have already proven that rape allegations don't take you off their draft board, sooooooo

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
DeVante Parker, Kevin White, or Jaelen Strong please, or trade down for a guard. Niners need DBs too but they've had enough success getting guys off the scrap heap/in the late rounds that I don't think that should be a priority in the first round.

All the WRs coming out this year are huge too, almost everyone's 6'1 or bigger and most of the top guys are like 6'3".

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Volkerball posted:

I want gurley or cooper or this draft is a failure

If the Raiders take an RB with a top 5 pick then they deserve everything that happens as a result.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Cooper is a lot like OBJ in that he's not a true physical freak but there's very few aspects of playing the position that he doesn't do well. If you got Beckham's rookie production out of your first round pick, even if it were 4th overall, would you complain?

What's the final draft order for teams outside the playoffs, out of curiosity? Gotta start fantasizing early this year.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I have no idea why Oakman would go back to school, that's very strange. I hope for his sake he doesn't get hurt.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Whisenhunt with Mariota could rule

Whisenhunt likes his QBs big, slow, and dumb though

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Of all the criticism I've ever heard about Rivers, lack of intelligence is a new one

Rivers was already established when Whisenhunt came in to San Diego, he's the exception

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Luck also has like the worst rushing game in the league so teams sell out against the pass all the time against him, and doesn't have an excellent defense on the other side of the ball to reduce the amount he has to play heroball.

But please, let's get into another 'people aren't praising the Seahawks enough' argument in the draft thread.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If the Browns and Vikings take Parker and White before the Niners pick I am gonna be real mad.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Aniki posted:

Strong could still be a pretty good WR.

I like Strong, but I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be taking him at 15. If they can't get White or Parker I'm hoping they trade down and still get Strong or pick up some OL help.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Kaepernick is working out with Jaelen Strong and Kevin White during the offseason, which almost certainly means nothing but let the speculation commence!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
For once Kiper mocks a player I actually want to the Niners. We're probably not going to get him or Parker without moving up, though. :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Doltos posted:

Jeter and Eli are the perfect faces for a NY franchise. They're both ugly goobers that don't take the media seriously. Their teammates love playing with them and they're both low ego, easily coached guys. Mark Messier was kinda like that too. Carmelo is also pretty cool in that he just gives a poo poo about money and his family and doesn't care about the media's circus around the Knicks.

Even Sanchez was a pretty good NY player. I don't know how many QBs coulda played for the Jets, sucked for years on end, then butt-fumbled without wanting to throw themselves off the George Washington bridge.

In what loving universe is Derek Jeter 'low ego'

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Welp, I guess I can give up on the idea of Kevin White falling to 15 after today.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners have in fact met with DGB at the combine. Win with class, right Jed?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Coldforge posted:

Kevin White, Amari Cooper, Devante Parker, Tre McBride, DGB. <--Top 5, in whatever order
Nelson Agholor, Jaelin Strong, Phillip Dorsett, Devin Smith, Breshad Perriman. <-- 6-10, in whatever order

Just outside (for various reasons): Stefon Diggs, Kenny Bell, DeAndre Smelter, Rashad Greene

There you go.

I would go White, Cooper, Parker, Strong personally but if the Niners get any of the top 3 at 15 I'd be ecstatic. Next to no chance of that actually happening though, so they'll probably trade down.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Raku posted:

I have this pet theory Cooper was about as good as White is right now when he was a true freshman.

From a receiver skills perspective I agree with you, I love Cooper's level of polish considering his age. But White performed even higher than expectations at the combine, and while I think to some degree drills are overrated it's hard to find athletes as big as he is that can move like that.

Again, I'd be loving thrilled to have either on my team, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Even Parker I think is a stretch to fall to 15.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Metapod posted:

remember guys stephen hill also destroyed the combine

White was actually good in college though. He ran routes and everything.

e: I remember how terrified I was of the Niners taking Hill in that draft because of all the pre-draft speculation... and then they ended up taking the only guy less productive in that class. :suicide:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chichevache posted:

Are the Niners really going receiver in the first?

The corner class sucks and 15 is probably too high for a guard, so why not

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So what time does the first round start tomorrow again? It was like 8 Eastern last year, iirc.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I worked 50-55 hours a week a few years back when I had an internship on top of my almost full-time job right after finishing college and that was plenty for me. I respect people who put that much value into their career but I don't think I would want that lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What time does Round 2 start?

• Locked thread