Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Chiefs are getting the top corner available since they cut Flowers. I hope Ifo is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I'm the alpha male of this thread. All you ugly fuckers get out. This is my threat now.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Should the Chiefs draft a QB

ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

Excuse me?

fight me irl, we're gonna decide who the TFF good looking alpha male is

you and me parm, i'm calling you out

Do I need to bark some more?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Kirios posted:

At the end of the day I'd be surprised if Winston wasn't #1. Character problems or not, how do you pass up on that talent at quarterback if you're a team picking #1?

If you're Oakland and you already drafted a QB. A trade is possible but that would be dealing with a literal devil so I don't know how any team could do it and sleep well at night.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

so can we just write in Melvin Gordon to Oakland at #1 or...

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ozu posted:

I can't imagine a RB going in the top 5 in this era. I also thought that 3 years ago though and then Trent Richardson happened.

Dan Brugler is a cool guy and I like his mock drafts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/expert/dane-brugler

I was scrolling through this and thought he forgot the Chiefs for a minute but then I realized they were at 28 :stare: I've never seen us mocked that high ever.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ozu posted:

He was having a pretty rough year anyways but he's almost certainly not a 1st rounder now.

@Rand_Getlin
Sources: #Oregon CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu suffered what is believed to be a serious knee injury in practice yesterday. Concern it's a torn ACL.

Oh no! Now who's KC gonna overdraft in the first? loving

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Why would KC draft a CB in the first round

We'll have a hole once they slide Parker back to SS.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

excidium posted:

1. Parker has been pretty bad outside of somehow shutting down Watkins at CB. He's much better suited for S.
2. Gaines is pretty good for a rookie.
3. Flemming looked pretty good last game.
4. We have way more needs than CB.

Only recently. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Dwayne Bowe, Brandon Albert, Eric Berry and Dontari Poe within the last 9 years.

We're not drafting a WR and there's no one else to take unless there's a LG or an RT worth getting at 17 or 18.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Raiders will get Melvin Gordon at 4 and like it.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I'm okay with this for KC. Fisher must be removed soon.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Jameis is evil. Don't draft him, anyone. I rank him below whatever DII guy is declaring. Just don't let the Evil taint your team (I fully expect Denver to take a look when he drops to the third or whatever)

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Oh dude you are in for a fun time, Instagram is wild

Nearly everyone fifth grader at the school I worked at had an Instagram account and they would not stop talking about them.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

DGB is a bad and terrible person who should be in jail so he'll fit right in as the Broncos second rounder

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

He pushed a girl down a flight of steps because he is a bad man.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

We live in America where people are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, friend.

*snort* yeah, sure

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Its the truth, buddy. DGB is a fine upstanding young man with a promising career ahead of him. He smoked a little dope but that isn't so bad.

Next you're going to tell me she was a gold digger and she deserved it

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MourningView posted:

man if we just agree that you are super elightened can you stop responding to obvious joke posts and just move the gently caress on instead of posting the same thing over and over

Can never be to sure! I'll calm down from now on.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm really shaky if I'm someone looking at mariota or Winston this year. Really shaky.

Oh no! Has this been happening a lot recently? Or, is it just low blood sugar?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Wait does the anthropology department also sell Magic cards and trade paperbacks??

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If I remember correctly that was an old sign or something.

My ex girlfriend lived across the street from there. What a whore.

Well excuse me!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ozu posted:

Blah.

@NDFootball
Ronnie Stanley will remain at Notre Dame for his senior year & not enter the 2015 NFL Draft.

He was one of the guys I was wanting for KC if we don't got corner. Collins is now basically the best fit left for KC imo

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Can the Chiefs consider anything other than WR in the first round?

Why drop a first on something you won't use? We'll get a late rounder and some UDFAs to replace Bowe.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'd like to show you this here Dee Ford that drafted last year.

Also, since Kiper has mocked DGB to the Chiefs, we now know it will never happen.

Dorsey telegraphs his draft moved so Ford makes sense because Hali is gone. Same thing that happened with Albert and Flowers. This year, we have to recover from losing Berry so prepare for a Parker replacement.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I wish Cardale declared so I could wonder if I should buy his home or away jersey.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Are you ready for the rise of Aaron Murray? You're in for the long dark in KC, man.

Murray for starter and Cardale for Wildcat. Mmmmm nice.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Whoa, Bucky Brooks has Mariota going #18 to the Chiefs in his mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/215607

Oh ho! Very intriguing. Too bad Philly is going to trade up and take him though.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

*panting as I fall into this thread* STEVE BONO loving OWNS HARD

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

MourningView posted:

And even McNabb went out and poo poo up two other NFL teams at the end. Andy Reid is a quarterback wizard. Everyone please remember this when Aaron Murray gets to start a couple games and looks competent. Do not trade your second rounders for him.

Yeah, take Chase instead

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Chase is going to be free in a month or two, so unless the Chiefs can find another dumb front office to give up picks for a QB who's about to be cut or work out a trade with themselves I don't think there's anything there.

We wouldn't get a pick for him. It would just be a fourth string CB or something because Dorsey hates trading picks away with A Certain Exception.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

DGB to the Chiefs would be infuriating to me, as I'm sure you all know. Besides, once we let Parker walk we'll be snagging a CB for sure.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Atticus Finch posted:

If we didn't, you'll surely let us know!

I did but that was like ten pages ago! No need to repeat myself. I just wish there was a top flight CB in this draft who wasn't also PJ Williams. I doubt Ifo will even be able to do any combine stuff :(

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think we need to see what happens in Free Agency and with our cap situation before we'll really know the need. I dunno if there's a FA Safety/Corner to take Parker's spot, or if the feeling in the war room is that that's the most pressing need, given Thompson's desire to build from within.

That said, if we restructure Bowe and Hali, we could sign Houston and still land a decent FA WR or Corner, or both, which could change our draft desires.

That would be ideal, but Dorsey's already made his decision. He loves to tip his hand about who's getting drafted or cut. Tamba's days were numbered the minute we drafted Dee Ford. Fisher was the clear pick for the first overall the moment Winston was cut. And now, with Flowers and eventually Parker gone, it's just a matter of waiting for whatever big, physical corner is around at #18. He's also going to cut Bowe and draft a late round small guy to replace him. This is after Houston takes us for all our money, which needs to happen ASAP

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

He might do both at the same time!

Whoever drafts him should be very excited and very worried at the same time. Or just mad. I don't know which is right.

I would lean towards furious, personally. Also, even if KC did take him, he'd bust right out of there in like two minutes so

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

He'd make Jon Baldwin look like AJ Jenkins!

It's also worth noting he would not get any catches regardless

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I would like a Trae Waynes but I don't think he'll be around by the time the Lions draft.

Because he'll be a Chief :)

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

That would be a bad pick

Dorsey likes corners and Flowers and Parker are gone. I'd rather get La'el Collins personally but that's probably not going to happen.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah but Sean Smith is great, and Phillip Gaines looked promising. Then there's Marcus Cooper and Jamel Fleming who also are young and worth developing.

I want Maxx Williams or Eric Kendricks with our 1st round pick.

I like Cooper too but I'm not sold on Gaines at all. Seemed to me like he was getting beat all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I wouldn't say I'm sold on him but Gaines seemed surprisingly good at first, then I think he got hurt or something and was dealing with that the rest of the season.

I don't remember specifically hearing about him being hurt but he was in and out of the lineup a lot.

Yeah, he also got like two concussions iirc

• Locked thread