Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Danny Shelton owns bones and whoever takes him is going to be very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dexo posted:

Any Elite Linebackers or Safeties available in the 7-9 win range?

Shaq Thompson, though he might be playing his way into the top 15 at this point

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Washington redshirt junior CB Marcus Peters has been dismissed from the team, according to Dave Mahler and Adam Jude.

Peters was suspended for the Illinois game due to a sideline tirade after he was benched for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Perhaps the most talented draft-eligible prospect at his position, Peters will have to now answer even more questions about his time with the Huskies but is absolutely NFL bound. Beat writer Adam Jude reports the corner "got into an argument with an assistant coach during practice Wednesday, a source said, apparently the final straw in a series of run-ins with Washington’s new coaching staff." This was after having another argument with coaches during the Colorado and after missing practice on Tuesday. Washington faces UCLA on Saturday. Peters is the ninth player Chris Petersen has dismissed or suspended since taking over in February.

Welcome to the Jets, Marcus

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That original "story" came from noted fraud Incarcerated Bob so I wouldn't put too much stock in it

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Jameis, we don't need to be inventing ridiculous ones

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Didn't we learn our lesson not to trust Wisconsin RBs?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like Gurley, but unless he can play LG or RT then that is A Bad Pick for the Seahawks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm super glad my team didn't blow its first Top 5 pick since the mid-90s on a linebacker who washed out in 2 years

gently caress Aaron Curry and super gently caress Tim Ruskell

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At least Kiper actually has reliable inside sources. McShay seems like his only reason for existing is to #EmbraceDebate with Kiper.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MourningView posted:

That's hard to pin on Ruskell given that literally everyone had him rated super high and as the surest thing in the draft

I actually agree. People are sour because the franchise was going through a rough post-Holmgren period and nobody really knew what was going on. It's probably not Ruskell's fault that Curry ended up fool's gold, but the fact that we missed on a can't-miss draft pick sealed his fate.

It's easy to forget now that we're the top villains, but Seattle was headed into a death spiral from 2007-09 -- Holmgren was leaving, Mora was quickly exposed and the front office cleaned out. Even the Carroll hire was seen as a desperate Hail Mary at the time -- most people assumed he was just here to escape NCAA sanctions. I'm obviously glad things worked out, but those few years were a real crossroads for the franchise.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Daltos while you're here, what do you think of the NFL rookie class so far? Based on your draft assessment, who have been the biggest surprises and disappointments in Year 1?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Jags are loaded with young WRs so I don't see them going after Cooper.

Williams seems like a perfect fit for Bradley's D-line, though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Latavius Murray looked pretty drat good, why not give him a shot at being the feature back next year? Gurley seems like one of the few luxury picks the Raiders can make.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okay then. Hope you're ready for all the Raiderz fanz Rivals puns every time he touches the ball and gets less than 5 yards.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grittybeard posted:

I don't understand what you're going for here.

His name is Todd Gurley. Some radio jock probably has a book of insults ready to go already.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Trent Richardson is a classic case of 20/20 hindsight. He had all the measurables, production and experience in a pro-style offense you could want. He's going to be a classic case study for RBs who seemingly had it all and just did nothing at the pro level.

E: Yup, Daltos beat me. It's legitimately shocking that none of his burst or vision ever actually showed up in the NFL.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Metapod posted:

you don't use him as a franchise qb. you use him as the guy to fill the void while you build an o-line and running game so when the franchise qb comes he will have a better chance to succeed.

They drafted/signed nothing but OL and RB the past two years and both units are still mediocre at best.

The real problem is Ruston Webster is still employed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Let's get back to the real topic at hand

Danny Shelton, Hau'oli Kikaha and Shaq Thompson are gonna own the poo poo out of Ok St. in the Catcus Bowl, and y'all will love whichever one you draft

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's the Combine schedule. It's slightly different this year in that all the major skill positions will be working out on Saturday, and the defensive players on Sunday. Gotta get those TV eyeballs.

Group 1 (PK, ST, OL), Group 2 (OL), Group 3 (TE)
Tuesday, Feb. 17 – Travel, Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam, Orientation, Interviews
Wednesday, Feb. 18 – Measurements, medical examinations, media, interviews
Thursday, Feb. 19 – NFLPA meeting, psychological testing, bench press, interviews
Friday, Feb. 20 – On-field workouts (timing, stations, skill drills)

Group 4 (QB, WR), Group 5 (QB, WR), Group 6 (RB)
Wednesday, Feb. 18 – Travel, Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam, Orientation, Interviews
Thursday, Feb. 19 – Measurements, medical examinations, media, interviews
Friday, Feb. 20 – NFLPA meeting, psychological testing, bench press, interviews
Saturday, Feb. 21 – On-field workouts (timing, stations, skill drills)

Group 7 (DL), Group 8 (DL), Group 9 (LB)
Thursday, Feb. 19 – Travel, Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam, Orientation, Interviews
Friday, Feb. 20 – Measurements, medical examinations, media, interviews
Saturday, Feb. 21 – NFLPA meeting, psychological testing, bench press, interviews
Sunday, Feb. 22 – On-field workouts (timing, stations, skill drills)

Group 10 (DB), Group 11 (DB)
Friday, Feb. 20 – Travel, Registration, Hospital Pre-Exam, Orientation, Interviews
Saturday, Feb. 21 – Measurements, medical examinations, media, interviews
Sunday, Feb. 22 – NFLPA meeting, psychological testing, bench press, interviews
Monday, Feb. 23 – On-field workouts (timing, stations, skill drills)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Danny Shelton weighed in at 343 pounds at the Shrine Game.

I knew he was a monster but I didn't know his weight was that high :stare: He carries pretty well, from what I've seen in his Washington games.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
To the surprise of nobody who's been paying attention, Bryce Petty sucks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roasted Donut posted:

Bo Wallace is a real flip a coin dude, 25% of the time you get a dude making GBS threads all over everyone and 75% of the time you get a dude who flat out loving sucks at everything

I lost count of how many times I saw Twitter freak out over "OMG DR. BO" and flip over to the Ole Miss game, only to see him go right back to the drizzling shits.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I remember quite a few seahawks/washington guys coming in here defending the poo poo out of Jake Locker but alas they all cant be RYan Tannehillis

He came from my hometown so I felt obligated to defend him, but yeah Locker is not very good.

Locker can always come home and coach the local high school team or something, people here still love him for winning state title that one time.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who the hell is Breshad Perriman

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Bottom Line
Rare combination of size, top-end speed and suddenness that can be found in some of the best receivers in the game. His routes are sloppy and a work in progress, but his hands keep him out of the top tier of receivers. His drops will drive teams crazy, but his physical traits and ability to hit the big play should warrant early round consideration.

Sure sounds like a Seahawks WR! Welcome aboard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

football fuckerman posted:

Ah the draft prospect thread, the place to chat about draft prospects

Danny Shelton owns and I hope he doesn't go to a team I hate

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Doesn't Perriman have Braylon Edwards hands?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Khalil Mack is what Aaron Curry should have been.

Trigger warning please

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Henchman of Santa posted:

Usually at 3:30 there are several good games to flip between (and at noon there's nothing good enough to stay with).

Try living on the West Coast. lovely B1G games at 9 a.m. while you're nursing a hangover, followed by the actual good games in the afternoon, then wacky Pac-12 bullshit that ends at a reasonable 10 p.m.

It owns pretty hard.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My interest in this year's draft evaporated the moment Seattle traded away its first-rounder

Are there any decent centers who might be there at No. 62

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's 8, and ESPN will probably have a preshow that lasts longer than the actual first round

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

Did you know GM is a glorified Athletic Director position? Most of the GM's work is handling parking facilities, field maintenance crews, stadium maintenance, setting up contracts for planes and housing them in airfields, plus paying the pilots. Basically every minute detail of running the team and the facility, from a financial point of view, has the GM as the ultimate position of power. Sure he delegates most of those duties to managers, but he's still in charge of those managers. The draft and free agency process is only one small window of work in an otherwise 365 60 an hour week job. It's no different than college and high school Athletic Directors that basically live in their office chairs.

But if we're just talking about from a pure draft perspective then I think TFF would do okay. I mean the draft isn't a science and as long as you do your due diligence, coupled with us having access to the same venues of information as a NFL GMs have access to of course, we would maybe do fine if we never had to talk to another GM. At least at the early round picks.

Those are the most boring parts of Madden Owner mode so let's just delegate that poo poo to jeffersonlives

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If you flip on the TV at any point before 8 p.m. you have only yourself to blame

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My Seahawks wish list:

LG: Someone better than James Carpenter
C: Someone better than Lemuel Jeanpierre
CB: Someone better than Tharold Simon
WR: Someone better than Jermaine Kearse

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So how many guys will show up tonight in actual tailored suits and how many will obviously be re-using their prom outfit?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Doltos posted:

Who the hell is rich enough to buy a suit to prom? Rentals man, $30 and you're done.

I imagine the top recruits probably got "taken care of" by their handlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
GDT here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717133

• Locked thread