Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My team is rear end and Locker is done. Assuming Mettenburger doesn't look like a NFL qb who should I hope for the Titans to draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
More questions for the people who watch college football regularly:

- Are there any safeties you guys feel that are better than Michael Griffin that is projection to be drafted post first round?
- 3-4 pass rushers are there any worth having?
- Are there any inside linebackers who are efficient tacklers?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I understand the logic that if the Raiders and Jaguars have equal records but the Jaguars played easier teams and still did terrible that they are the worst team.

I have watched 0 Jaguars games this season so I can't speak to their level of awfulness. I am just rooting for them to win another game or two so that the Raiders get the #1 pick.

don't worry the jags will beat the titans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i refuse to believe the titans drafting winston

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Big cannon armed dudes with iffy accuracy and decision making are kinda Wisenhunt's jam.

I would rather have Halliday in the 7th

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Atticus Finch posted:

What else would they draft with such a high pick? QB is a glaring need.

Any quality defensive player would help a lot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Guys drafted in the seventh round are drafted that late because they are almost always terrible, this is a very bad way to address a glaring QB need!

The point is I don't think Winston will fix the need. I believe he is going to be a turnover machine and that is a horrible thing to have at the qb position when any team can run up the A gap at will

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Saints are going to take a dive and allow Tampa to win

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ozu posted:

It was an exaggeration but I'm 100% gunshy of any QB in a spread offense that hadn't had to make decisions or throw into tight windows. A pretty TD/INT ratio means nothing if they're playing catch with wide open receivers and dumping it off to their YAC machines (Geno Smith).

Are there depth of throw stats for college? I'd like to see Mariota's intermediate and deep completion percentages.

via draftbreakdown.com

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BlindSite posted:

You don't think ODB would have a serious shot to be the first overall if the draft was done again? At worst he would've waited till 4th imo.

I don't think it matters though because the Buccs don't really need a receiver with the shambles at QB, tennessee don't really have a QB either. If Cutler ends up a Titan and the Buccs win next week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go first overall.

don't toy with my feelings with that please.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

At this point I just need to hope that the Titans trade for Cutler, draft Cooper, then the Jaguars trade down with a team that want to take the remaining QB and Williams is sitting there for the Raiders.

i really doubt the titans draft cooper in any scenario

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i don't understand why every mock has the titans drafting winston despite reports saying they are rolling with mett for another season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ozu posted:

Because no one actually believes that Mettenberger is a guy you just roll with.

you don't use him as a franchise qb. you use him as the guy to fill the void while you build an o-line and running game so when the franchise qb comes he will have a better chance to succeed.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

If you have a chance to grab a potential franchise QB when the opportunity arises, you take that chance, every loving time.

Building around an absent one in the hopes that one falls into your lap in the future is loser talk.

If you grab a potential franchise QB and can't protect him then he wont be a franchise QB unless he is an elway-luck caliber of player. If you grab a potential franchise QB with Whisenhunt as your head coach he wont be a franchise QB unless he is an elway-luck caliber of player. What i'm saying is unless winston is an elway-luck caliber of player he wont succeed in tennessee.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Benne posted:

They drafted/signed nothing but OL and RB the past two years and both units are still mediocre at best.

The real problem is Ruston Webster is still employed.

a tad exaggerated but i do agree webster is not good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Okay, I'm convinced.

Tennessee, just build up a decent team, ignoring potential franchise QB candidates and snag Luck in 10 years.

at this very moment a rookie qb is not going to succeed in tennessee so instead of drafting one build the defense up ( a much bigger hole right now ), get o-linemen who are not negatives/ get rid of the ones who are (oher and levitre), and try to develop the qb you drafted last year.

if in a year or two and mett isn't a guy who can be relied on then get a qb who could potentially pass the andy dalton test while giving that qb a better chance at succeeding than one has right now.

Metapod fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 30, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Abugadu posted:

You can't pass on potential franchise QBs anymore if you're a team with a glaring hole there, especially that high in the draft. Mettenberger isn't the answer, so they're going to be forced to take a chance on Jameis. Spend rounds 2-7 on defense. They're not going to be in 'win-now' mode anyway, so you could bench him for a year if need be.

if they do draft jameis (i really hope they don't) benching him for a year would be the best option imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
All I ask is for the Titans to draft Leonard Williams any other positive thing that comes from the off-season is a bonus

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nawid posted:

Can anyone name 5 QBs they would rather start a franchise around instead of Wilson?

Luck, Rodgers, Cam - for sure

Stafford, Ryan - maybe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Plafop posted:

Hopefully Tennessee so he can rot and fester in anonymity and losing seasons.

Malloreon posted:

Top 2. Both TB and Tennessee would fall all over themselves to pick him

In Mett we trust you fuckers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Gurley is a rare prospect he wont fall out of the first round. I base this solely on Adrian Peterson getting hurt back to back years then getting drafted in the top ten

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Wasn't Peterson's injury coming out of college a collarbone?

That's a little different than an ACL

i don't remember

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What are your guys' thoughts on Ladarius Gunter? He has good size for a CB but how are his skills?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Titans are not taking a qb in the first round :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Whoa, Bucky Brooks has Mariota going #18 to the Chiefs in his mock draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/bucky-brooks/215607

Finally a mock that has Leonard Williams going to the Titans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DOOP posted:

Chip is so gonna trade up with Foles + stuff to draft Mariota

I hope the Titans get a what the Rams got for rg3 or something close

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Come on man, words can hurt.

The Ravens don't need to draft wrs because they will just take all the good titans, so next offseason you guys will take wright like you did mason

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JRizzle posted:

Back the gently caress off Kenny plz

does britt still have his leaping/running ablity? after he destroyed his knee i haven't seen him play

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
After the Senior Bowl, the Titans have shown interest in drafting Nate Orchard with their 2nd round pick. Who is he and what are your thoughts of him?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
does rutgers have any promising wr prospects this year?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nawid posted:

I don't think the Raiders will grab Cooper, probably Williams or Gregory or some other really good dude. I bet we'll get a decent WR somehow.

williams is going to be a titan so don't set your heart on him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

I saw the name Brandon Bridge in this thread a few pages back.

Picture Jake Locker with one-quarter the athleticism and a worse collegiate completion percentage. That's Bridge. Do Not Draft Him.

he must be really bad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Locker wasn't made of glass he would of developed into a good qb :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Abugadu posted:

They probably have to. If one does and the other doesn't, TB is going to lean towards the one that actually throws unless they Bridgewater it. Mariota has a chance to unseat him if he puts on a great show.

And I don't think Winston is eager for a non-TB team to draft him, TB has some decent weapons around him, play in a weak NFC South, and had major injury issues that brought them into the #1 pick. If I were a QB coming in, I'd prefer TB to the Jets, Titans or Browns.

they aren't drafting a qb this year

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

lmbo pickles first round

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

The Bucks should skip both QBs and get Leo so the Jags and Titans don't.

grrrrrr

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Georgia is a factory for players who don't do poo poo in college that excel in the pros.

examples please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I would really like for the titans to take lockett in the 3rd but i doubt he will be there

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I'd like Kendricks pls.

A healthy front 7 of Watt-Nix-Pagan Clowney-Kendricks-Cushing-Merciless sounds pretty passable to me. Pagan could subbed with whoever

Basically I want someone to uppercut Andrew Lucks head off like Sub Zero.

this is what all non-colts teams in the afc south need to strive for

• Locked thread