Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
send him to the CFL or stash him on a practice squad if you want to pretend you're playing against rex grossman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Vince Mayle will probably be the only Coug to go in the draft, he's a great WR. anyone else from this squad who makes it pro will be signed as UDFA, halliday might be a camp body or end up somewhere in the CFL, unless some maverick coach sees something in him they really like and want to put him on a bench behind a stud for a few years to develop

speaking of wazzu WRs, marquess wilson should be getting close to healed up. can't wait to see him work his magic in the NFL. especially with the bears top two receivers being well covered and semi-injured, he could see a lot of targets. so glad he made it to trestman's bears where he'll have the chance to show what he can do in that pass happy cutler offense with :swoon: cutler :swoon:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

commy gun posted:

I'm also not a College Football Scholar so can someone tell me why Mariota is such a hot prospect?

he compares to a raw cam newton, has a very high ceiling if he's given time to develop properly in a good system. could surprise everyone like russell wilson or not get much better and end up as a backup somewhere. He played like a stud last year but it's hard to evaluate him this season since he's got an o-line made of wet tissue paper. if you think that's an exaggeration, wazzu's dumpster fire defense sacked him 7 times

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

RoofieMyselfForFun posted:

What is his completion percentage under pressure though? Always kind of thought that would be a decent metric but I could be wrong

I'm phonr posting so i can't look it up very easily right now but iirc it was good last year and isn't great this year. oregon lost some ground weapons and has been relying on the pass game more often which has affected how defenses play them too

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

my favorite was when a bills coworker tried to tell me that jeff tuel was the qb of the future and that I should watch his tape before laughing him off

I want a hit of whatever he was on

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

hes right though

*flexes "tuel time 4eva" bicep tattoo*

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I'd argue that Vince Mayle should be on the list for WRs; he's probably the only current WSU player I'd say is worth drafting this year. His play reminds me a lot of Mike Evans or Marquess Wilson. Speaking of Wilson he should be back from IR any week now and I can't wait to see what he can do with his first real chance in the Cutler/Trestman offense. I tutored him when he was still here and he's chill as poo poo, I hope he makes hella cash and tears up the division :kheldragar:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 16, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Even if he's 100% innocent of rape somehow, the dude just seems to be an apocalyptic moron who can't stop making GBS threads himself in public.

If he goes top 3 I see a 90% chance of a leaf-esque meltdown

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I have decided that Vince Mayle will be the steal of the draft with 1000 yard rookie season and 5 TDs.

Hey Wheez, is Vince Mayle any good?

he's very good but raw. he's no mike evans but might surprise everyone

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

i'm actually dmx irl

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I doubt he'll get drafted at all, maybe round 7 or UDFA, but here's a really good piece on Connor Halliday that sort of gets into the idea of the "system quarterback"in the air raid and why it's (mostly) bullshit:http://grantland.com/features/mike-leach-connor-halliday-washington-state-cougars/

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Dalai Trauma posted:

E: Also Connor Halliday is awesome and I want him to break the season passing yards record. Their opponents know al they will do is throw it but drat it if Halliday doesn't just put 400 yards on them anyway. And then the opposition score 60 points. :(

I'm literally insane and delusional but i feel like Halliday's ceiling is maybe Eli or Flacco if he's given time to develop and a good coaching staff

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Who is the best hands catcher this year? Is there a Jarvis Landry? I mean who has a shot of being Chris Carter level reliable.

amari cooper, kevin white, and vince mayle roughly in that order

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

not seriously, cooper and white are great prospects but hands are some of their biggest weaknesses. mayle rules but same problem for him

nelson agholor from USC has good hands, maybe him?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

so i'm dumb with college football, any good CB prospects to keep an eye on?

lol good timing. marcus peters, CB for washington was projected to go in the top half of the first round and one of the top prospects at CB in the country. then today he got kicked off the team after a string of incidents in which he verbally assaulted his coaches and skipped practice and other general assholery

so if it turns out he can get his poo poo together you might be able to grab him for a bargain if he drops to the late 1st or even 2nd

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Vince Mayle :colbert:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Didn't you love Steadman Bailey? You seem to have been right about that.

I have never been able to break the association in my head between steadnan bailey and Oprah-lifepartner steadman. I blame Chappelle

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I'm not sure what this is based on...

the fact that he's thrown a metric fuckton of interceptons against the vaunted secondaries of the ACC

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Benne posted:

I actually agree. People are sour because the franchise was going through a rough post-Holmgren period and nobody really knew what was going on. It's probably not Ruskell's fault that Curry ended up fool's gold, but the fact that we missed on a can't-miss draft pick sealed his fate.

It's easy to forget now that we're the top villains, but Seattle was headed into a death spiral from 2007-09 -- Holmgren was leaving, Mora was quickly exposed and the front office cleaned out. Even the Carroll hire was seen as a desperate Hail Mary at the time -- most people assumed he was just here to escape NCAA sanctions. I'm obviously glad things worked out, but those few years were a real crossroads for the franchise.

as much as i don't mind UCLA as a school or have any negative feelings towards them at all, they have an astonishing ability to hire my least favorite people in college football. loving eat a dick forever mora jr and rick neuheisel is the biggest piece of poo poo in the western united states

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

hopefully winston can redefine draft bust. ryan leaf was 17 years ago its time for someone new to take the throne

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

i would laugh super hard and be an immediate fan of any team that drafts connor halliday before round 7

e: or vince mayle in the first 3

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

thompson posted:

Plus, how much is a degree from FSU really worth? Not trying to diss the school but it's a tough economic climate and it certainly isn't an auto job like graduating from Stanford or Michigan or something along those lines.

Might as well capitalize on your stock when you're known as "mr. perfect."

on what planet are a degree from Stanford and a degree from michigan remotely comparable

E: besides detroit

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Michigan is actually a pretty well respected school for several disciplines. I'm pretty sure they've got one of the top Anthropology programs in the nation.

Yeah and Wazzu is a top business and especially communications/broadcast journalism school and you can easily get hired out of those programs, that doesn't mean the university isn't mid tier compared to the Stanfords and Ivys and other elite schools of the world.

I hear Michigan called elite (only ever by people who went there) but it's just another big state school like UW, Wisconsin, Alabama, Cal (though Cal has a case for being an elite school), Oregon, Florida, etc

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 9, 2015

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

If our fashion majors were in charge of our uniforms they'd be denim on denim and our eye black would take 2 hours to do

make it so

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Halliday going to pull a Tom Brady and in 10 years we'll be looking back on how many teams totally whiffed on him for big name busts. Book it.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

I think he's right. They've been building the O-line for years now through the draft. They're young, and they're very, very good.

Murray was awesome this year, but the line was so good, the other RBs were great too. On a per-play basis, Joseph Randle was actually the better runner, with a higher YPC (6.7 vs. 4.7) and a higher DVOA (26.5% to 14.7%). There's no way he does that with Murray's volume, but it still speaks to the quality of the line.

It seems pretty clear that the cowboys could replace like 90% of Murray's output with a committee of Randle, a Forsett-like vet, and a mid-round rookie, for significantly cheaper than a franchise tag on Murray. Seems better for the team to use those savings on other areas of the team.

if you consider what lynch has accomplished behind an oline that ranges from absolute trash to mediocre depending on health, while facing defenses who know he's the biggest threat on offense and our whole philosophy is based around a power run game, imagine what he could do with the dallas o-line :flashfap:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

scouts are super impressed with vince mayle, might go closer to the 5th than the 7th is reports are true. would be cool if the hawks grabbed him

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

I hope Halliday is healthy for the combine but it's still looking unlikely that he'll be anywhere near 100%. I hope the Ravens draft him because Flacco is his ideal mentor given his skillset and the stability of the coaching staff. He'd do best there but he has a good shot if he can land anywhere with a franchise QB to sit behind for a couple years plus a stable QB coach. He has it all, but if he's on a terrible team with constant flux in staff and the possibility of being thrown to the wolves then it's gonna give him fits trying to adjust. He'll need time to develop but if he does I see his ceiling as a Flacco, Eli, or hell maybe even a Brees. No Homer.

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 26, 2015

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

MourningView posted:

He was actually better than Joe.

is there even an argument about it beyond the sheer inertia of narrative

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Fluo posted:

I was, was a good game! Looks like some decent players this season. :)

are you kidding me. that game was total garbage from start to finish, it made the pro bowl look competitive

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Halliday got an invite but he'll still be dealing with an acute case of hosed Leg so its probably just to talk to scouts and get xrays

I'm excited to see Vince Mayle though. I want the hawks to drop a late rounder on him

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Halladay will be a top QB in the league

imagine me posting "this but unironically" in gigantic glitter letters, tia

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

jameis looked like hot garbage 75%+ of the time he was on the field, against (even by cfb standards) below average defenses

can't wait to watch him get clowned by the pros

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

jake locker loving up is Extremely My poo poo

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

But he's far and away the best QB in the draft

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

SA2K posted:

he's dead

he died

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

maybe GoT is where he got his idea of what "consent" means

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

This probably belongs here

wheez the roux posted:

Mayle had a decent combine but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a 4-6th rounder. It'd be cool if the hawks could get him late but jesus christ we need an o line so unless we can get a freak like conley we shouldn't be drafting receivers before the 5th

E: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/vince-mayle?id=2552431 is there video somewhere

E2: this is a better breakdown of his showing http://washingtonstate.scout.com/story/1520024-how-did-wsu-s-vince-mayle-do-at-nfl-combine

Impressed with his catching despite currently having a broken thumb

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Well that's unfair. Gurley produced in college. While the rest of the team and the coaches were trying to sabotage him according to Georgia fans.

Jake Locker is one of the weirdest cases of people falling in love with him for no reason.

don't blame me i've been making GBS threads on locker since the day he got to college!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

draft connor halliday

bitch

• Locked thread