Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Calling it now: Mariota will never make it as a NFL QB.

Call me stupid, call me an rear end in a top hat, I don't care. He's going in the first round and he's not gonna amount to even 1/4th of an Andrew Luck.

Ok for real I'm not calling it now, I called this poo poo a year and a half ago. Mariota will never do anything in the NFL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Mariota will still be a top 10 draft pick, because who the gently caress else are you gonna draft as a QB with a lovely team? Yeah. It's that bad. There are no good QBs in the 2015 draft. Mariota will be the best of them and be a 3rd stringer once all is said and done. He'll be one of those developmental projects that you hear about while he's on the practice squad for Tampa Bay.

e: In before the UCLA and Stanford and who knows what the gently caress ever talk, there are no PRO QBs in the draft this year, mark my words.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Why do you think this?
I've watched him in about 12 or 13 games - and I know, small sample size, but I saw Luck in maybe 8 or 9 tops and knew he was a NFL QB. Mariota doesn't have the downfield accuracy or the pocket presence to be a NFL QB. It's basically the same thing almost all of us said about most of the QB busts of the last 10 years.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he starts somewhere and turns into Russell Wilson (I also said he'd never make it in the NFL, and look what happened there), but really? I doubt it. That poo poo doesn't happen very often.

e: Actually I'm pretty bad at this, so don't listen to me. I also said Cam Newton, Alex Smith, Nick Foles and Jay Cutler wouldn't make it in the NFL. And I just about guaranteed that Blaine Gabbert would. Yeah. I'm real bad at this poo poo, so...

Also I like Mariota in college almost as much as I liked Cam (Cam owned SO HARD in college, I'm an Arkansas fan and I still couldn't hate the guy) so who the gently caress knows. I think he's the best prospect for 2015 but I still don't think he's a NFL guy. I said that poo poo about Cam and he threw over 4000 yards as a rookie and now he may be having his best season ever as a passer because he can't run on that bad leg.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 11, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

My team is rear end and Locker is done. Assuming Mettenburger doesn't look like a NFL qb who should I hope for the Titans to draft?

Mariota. I mean, I can talk poo poo all day but he's still the best QB coming out of this draft. And he'll be there no matter where you pick in the first round because, really, who else is going to take him? The Rams are going to have a better record (and therefore a lower pick) than you. Raiders, Vikings and Jaguars already have their new QBs and Tampa Bay isn't going to suck as bad as people think they will. Your biggest obstacle will be the Jets, but they'll win enough games on their defense alone to keep out of your draft space. You'll probably get Mariota with the #5 pick.

Unless the Eagles trade up because Chip Kelly wants his college QB, of course. Then you'll get Nick Foles and a draft pick. Not a bad situation really, Foles is good behind a decent OL, which you guys actually have. Not great, but certainly better than the scraps they're putting in the OL in Philly right now behind all those injuries.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 11, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Moxie posted:

Only works if you find a future hall of fame UFA bag boy at a grocery to be his backup

That would be my plan

It worked once :v:

• Locked thread