Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Twibbit posted:

seems that the primary racing method online is to push someone off the track till their reset timer goes off.

Haha that's hosed up.

I've been racing as sportsmanlike as possible (unless it's clear all bets are off with everyone...) But it's hard to avoid a good crack up every now and again...

I'm also noticing a lot of cars going invisible, gamer icons going all generic and people teleporting a bit. But given the clusterfuck of the last few days, it's working respectably enough...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Feenix posted:

Ghost Squad: GO FORTH AND EARN REP! Make your Club proud!

Invite accepted. Global Club Ranking of 4868? We can do better.

Viewing the member list, it says I'm rank 1. I'm rank 12. I'm guessing that will update on its own.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
From what I've played of online, it seems as though most players haven't heard of the concept of brakes.

I'm also not a fan of getting zero fame for a using a loaner car.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
SA: Bob Loblaw
PSN: Tommy_Tutone

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah man. This poo poo is great online. I will say, if it starts you in first, BE VERY AFRAID! gently caress, getting it from behind is rough!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

spudsbuckley posted:

SA: spudsbuckley
PSN: mickydoomsux

Mine isn't valid? Not at home at the moment but I'll check it when I get home!

This is really weird, I've checked and this is my PSNID and I can even search for and find myself from my PS4 but my username doesn't turn up on any of those trophy tracking websites.

Does this mean I'm a ghost?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Aishan posted:

From what I've played of online, it seems as though most players haven't heard of the concept of brakes.

I'm also not a fan of getting zero fame for a using a loaner car.

Yeah, should be like 50% at least

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I totally support their decision not to have giganto-mega Clubs, but I think 6 might be a touch small.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Feenix posted:

Man racing online with zero map or HUD is the poo poo.

I swear if we can have alt-clubs I want to make a dirty driving club called "Dirty Rubbers"

[edit] Ghost Squad: GO FORTH AND EARN REP! Make your Club proud!

I just requested to join Ghost Squad as Dox023.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Welcome to Level 2, Ghost Squad! ;)

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I see there are cars as rewards at club levels 3, 6, 10 and 15, but are there any intermediate rewards?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

SA: Wee Bairns
PSN: Wee_Bairns

Vroom vroom.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
SA: C2C - 2.0
PSN: bobcarr72

So, let's finally see what all this is about.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

Feenix posted:

Forgive me if this sounds snarky, it's not meant to. You asked people to compare it to existing games, and then said you have no idea what the 2 games are that it basically comes closest to. It's a tough request.

It's most like PGR. Or like Gran Turismo with more forgive, more fun handling.

[fakedit] Holy poo poo! Just had my first online race.

A couple of things:

1) FUN!

2) Holy poo poo, if you are behind someone and hit them in the bumper, THEY. ARE. hosed!
I went from last to first just hitting people on their rear end. (not entirely intentionally.)

Ha, bad luck I guess- thanks anyways. I'll just wait for the PS+ version then.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

I see there are cars as rewards at club levels 3, 6, 10 and 15, but are there any intermediate rewards?

There seems to be quite a bit of logos/patterns for livery that get doled out, too.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
So is the club feature gimped any (beyond slower point accumulation) if you don't have 6 members?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

So is the club feature gimped any (beyond slower point accumulation) if you don't have 6 members?

So far, as much as I can tell, it's just total point accumulation, meaning more members = better. But It's not doing some kind of player-count bonus multiplayer, as far as I am aware.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
edit: nvm, made a club, GoonIn60Seconds. If anyone wants in, post a name or request to join ingame.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 11, 2014

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ghost Squad is full now, just FYI. :)

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

First flip: http://www.irsmurf.com/ps4/driveclub-flip.mp4

dirtyfrog
Apr 15, 2003

The Fantastic Fapping Frog
SA: dirtyfrog
PSN: dirtyfrog77

Captain Yesterday
Oct 8, 2007

Now it's time to do my people's native dance "DO THE HUSTLE"
SA: Captain Yesterday
PSN: AdmiralYesterday

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

ATTABOY! I had one where I spun like a top looking at the sky.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

edit: nvm, made a club, GoonIn60Seconds. If anyone wants in, post a name or request to join ingame.

Best club name.

I wonder what the character limit is; The Flaming Paul Walkers has a nice ring to it.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Best club name.

I wonder what the character limit is; The Flaming Paul Walkers has a nice ring to it.

GoonIn60Seconds is exactly at the limit, otherwise I would have had spaces.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
SA: Fork of Unknown Origins PSN: Herdandhokies

I don't plan on playing a ton but it'd be nice to get in a club since it seems like you need to be to unlock some of the cars.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In on the ground floor of an impending buyer's remorse thread

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
The driving really is fun enough that even without a good career mode I'm still happy with the buy.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Is the free version out too and can I play with you guys on that? I just bought horizons two so I don't really wanna spend more right now

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Just got home & sent a request; PSN: bobcarr72

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Can't get online but

SA: Meliv
PS: Meliv23

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
Finally online! Made an overflow club.. Aces of War. Also fixed my settings to allow friend requests :3

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009
Evolution has completely dropped the ball with the online side of things. I haven't been able to connect to their servers for more than couple minutes since Monday evening. This in on EU side.

It's a really fun game, and pretty, game but racing against the AI gets boring fast.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I've been playing this game since launch and have yet to be able to connect to the network. Is there a trick to getting the game to connect?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

arbybaconator posted:

I've been playing this game since launch and have yet to be able to connect to the network. Is there a trick to getting the game to connect?

NNope . It's just hosed at the moment.

I was able to get everyone into the club and do about an hour 's worth of multi-player racing before it went DOA again.

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008
Update just came out and I can connect after installing it for the first time

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Just downloaded a patch and am online right away when starting the game :)
Edit: and it's down again. Guess I spoke too soon.

Pindakaas fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 11, 2014

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

I think I'm online - it's just very slow

SA: JingleBells
PSN JingleBellsUK

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
No patch for me so far it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
Did anyone who pre-ordered Driveclub via the PSN actually get their pre-order bonuses? I am curious because I know people that got their poo poo via Amazon/Gamestop got their stuff just fine for the most part.

Currently under my related items on PS4 it says that there isn't any additional content.

Edit: I talked with Sony support and apparently if you pre-ordered from PSN as opposed to Amazon/Gamestop you just don't get any pre-order bonuses. I find that rather weird as you would think they would reward you with nifty cars/etc. for directly supporting Sony/PSN and pre-ordering through them instead of other companies.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 12, 2014

• Locked thread