Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Go into your User Control Panel: http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=editoptions

and enable the last three options! The mobile version is coming along quite well and is even looking good on the desktop IN MY NOT SO HONEST OPINION! But keep in mind I'm not done with it yet, so there are a bunch of little things on the to do list.

ENJOY! FINALLY YOU CAN BROWSE GBS WHILE ON THE TOILET OR ON THE BUS OR INSIDE A SHARK OR UNDER A ROCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
awful app

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
literally shitposting

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Posted from my Sprint phone

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

doesn't render correctly in my motorola razr pls fix

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
my phone isn't capable of browsing the internet, sorry bro

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

the forums were always ok on my phone and you'll probably just make it worse somehow because that's life

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lowtax posted:

ENJOY! FINALLY YOU CAN BROWSE GBS WHILE ON THE TOILET OR ON THE BUS OR INSIDE A SHARK OR UNDER A ROCK

I already did this with my dreamcast and an extension cord

But its looking good, I would suggest that it needs to have some collapsable sections though - like the buddylist on the usercp??

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 10, 2014

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
What a bunch of grumpy guses

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Lowtax what drives you to try and make goons happy, when apparently the only thing we don't hate is galaxy quest. It's like you were punished for life by zeus.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There's an app for that!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

looking forward to tomorrows reminder

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

Lowtax what drives you to try and make goons happy, when apparently the only thing we don't hate is galaxy quest. It's like you were punished for life by zeus.

I think you've pretty much hit on Lowtax's solution right there: retool Somethingawful as a Galaxy Quest fansite.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm using an Iphone 5s and everything is scrunched up on the left side of the screen all weird like.

[timg]imgur.com/dZOwalq[/timg]

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It looks allright on my Galaxy S4 for its intended purpose.

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

I use a Galaxy S4 and it looks very nice. It zooms in to the right area when I double click it and the tables (lol this site still uses tables) don't get all hosed up. big duck equals goose said he'd rewrite the forums using bootstrap for you, though, that's nice of him.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
wtf my imgur code is broken how do i fix it.

^ also what that guy said, i'll fix your mobile forum

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Just dont start popping up windows asking me if I want to download tapatalk

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
I clicked "yes" on the "Enable mobile layout on mobile devices? Use a mobile-friendly layout when viewing the forums on a mobile device." thing but it changed things also on my laptop. And on my phone it first loaded the old version, then the new, so it took longer to load pages.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

No More Heroes posted:

Just dont start popping up windows asking me if I want to download tapatalk

x a billion

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Looks good on Dolphin on my phone. Only blatant thing I saw missing was the Mark Last Read somewhere.

Edit: Except "on mobile devices only" still gave me the mobile layout on my PC with firefox derp

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 10, 2014

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol that the first drop down menu at the very top is "Purchase something" You're a greedy gently caress, Lowtax.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Volume posted:

lol that the first drop down menu at the very top is "Purchase something" You're a greedy gently caress, Lowtax.

if he made the first choice stream galaxy quest for .99$ he would make bank.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
hey lowtax, the mobile format is being implemented on my laptop even though I only selected the first option

Edit: Just saw that this is happening with other users too. I'm on Chrome

Oil of Paris fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 10, 2014

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
This is pro information that, in my opinion, needs to be stickied. I suggest we create a checkbox poll to gather user sentiment to crowdsource the wisdom of the masses or whatever.

Please add a goku option, as well as an explanation for how the goku option will be interpreted (example: express a desire for all female protagonists of the upcoming Doom House manga and anime series to wear goku pants, even if it has no relevance to the mobile browser version discussion).

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

kittenkicker posted:

This is pro information that, in my opinion, needs to be stickied. I suggest we create a checkbox poll to gather user sentiment to crowdsource the wisdom of the masses or whatever.

Please add a goku option, as well as an explanation for how the goku option will be interpreted (example: express a desire for all female protagonists of the upcoming Doom House manga and anime series to wear goku pants, even if it has no relevance to the mobile browser version discussion).

Get bent retard

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
tldr; please make this post sticky and add a checkbox poll with goku option.

EDIT:

Oil of Paris posted:

Get bent retard

rude

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Peppi
May 17, 2011

by Lowtax
why

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont want to say im a better webdev than who youve got on this site

but i probably am

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
The point of having a movie version of the site is so people won't have to download an app, so thank you for pointing out there is an app, but it doesn't really add anything to this thread

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i didn't sign anything that let you use me in your movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i'd just like to reiterate how much i thoroughly enjoyed galaxy quest.

like, i saw guardians of the galaxy this year, and thought that a tim allen movie was the better flick

• Locked thread