Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

A setting I'd love to see is when on mobile that the posts per page can be set differently. I find only having 10-20 posts on the phone is better for not losing my place or having to try to load image/youtube heavy threads but don't want to change the global settings cause it's more annoying on a PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Thankyou for going to the trouble of making a mobile version of the site!

Now I know that if my iPhone breaks and I somehow blow all my money on drugs and cannot afford another smart phone and end up with a phone possibly made of copper and powered by a steam engine and the blood of native americans that somehow cannot download the Awful app I will still be able to let GBS know that I am gay. This are exciting times to be alive.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Does thread rating work? It doesn't give any sort of feedback when you set something from the dropdown menu. I have no idea if it's done anything or not.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I tried this out on my phone stuff, pretty nice! I think the only real issue I had was the last read box. It was hard to hit and easy to miss and accidentally go to the first page of the thread, and with slow phone loading times, that was pretty annoying. Once I also accidentally hit the x, which is even worse. I think the last read box should be the whole height of the topic box, and maybe the x shouldn't be there since using it is much less commonly pressed than "go to last read post". My actual preference is to just go to the last read post by default when you click on a topic but I'm guessing you don't want to do that and/or can't do it without changing the desktop layout.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
oh what the gently caress

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
checking "Enable mobile layout on mobile devices?" enabled it on my 1920x1080 laptop, it was worse than goatman

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

LethalGeek posted:

Looks good on Dolphin on my phone. Only blatant thing I saw missing was the Mark Last Read somewhere.

Edit: Except "on mobile devices only" still gave me the mobile layout on my PC with firefox derp

You use Firefox lol

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
murder people who link mobile versions of wikipedia pages pls

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
can we have it so that the mobile version plays loud fart and doodoo noises when you post replies haha becase you use it on.... the toilet

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

a starwar betamax posted:

can we have it so that the mobile version plays loud fart and doodoo noises when you post replies haha becase you use it on.... the toilet

harsh, but fair..

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Serious Bug Report:

1. I turn on "Enable mobile layout on mobile devices?" and immediately get the mobile device layout on my desktop computer. Browser is "Chrome 39.0.2171.13 beta-m".

2. When browsing the bookmarked threads list on my phone, tapping on a thread takes me to the first page of the thread, not the first unread post. I always want to go to the fist unread post. Maybe the narrow yellow thing on the right is supposed to link to the first unread post? I don't know because I can't actually tap it (fat fingers :olo:). I end up deleting the bookmark every time instead.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

You use Firefox lol

epic

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Pretty sure it was mentioned that the "mobile devices only" feature doesn't work yet.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Lowtax posted:

Okay, Google just updated Chrome across all platforms, and the whitespace is mysteriously gone for me. Has anybody else experienced this too?

i have the latest chrome on my nexus 5 and still have the whitespace issue

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
If you're using jQuery to move stuff around on mobile something has gone terribly wrong. I appreciate the mammoth task you're taking on for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about web development, and who can't afford someone who does, but did you consider a competition or something like someone else suggested? If you keep going this way you're going to wind up with a really pretty bad mobile site to show for an incredible amount of effort and you're only going to regret it.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

This isn't working with my Tandy 5000...TECH SUPPORT!!!

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
i like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

The Wizard of Poz posted:

If you're using jQuery to move stuff around on mobile something has gone terribly wrong. I appreciate the mammoth task you're taking on for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about web development, and who can't afford someone who does, but did you consider a competition or something like someone else suggested? If you keep going this way you're going to wind up with a really pretty bad mobile site to show for an incredible amount of effort and you're only going to regret it.

Word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_queries

• Locked thread