Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
lol

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Bobert Bobertson posted:

Im posting from the awful app and it works p well, i can't create threads though!
Working as intended.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

computers are just overly powerful smart phones when you really think about it
It's cool that Lowtax is wasting all this time and effort on a mobile version of the forums since basically every smart phone has a resolution larger than most laptops nowadays.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Business Gorillas posted:

i think its a good idea since you shouldnt need an app for a webpage but there are more pressing matters such as destroying ADTRW, for example
What I'm saying is that the regular old forums layout that the we've had for years works pretty well on mobile devices and as such there's no need for an app or a mobile stylesheet when viewing the forums but that's just my opinion.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

nwin posted:

Same issue here. I tried clicking yes to the first option (enable mobile mode on mobile devices) and 'no' on the other options, and that didn't work either (First I tried enabling all three options to 'yes' as suggested in the OP).
He hasn't done that part yet (except the part where he added the option for a thing that doesn't work yet, he did that part).

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

a starwar betamax posted:

ɡettinɡ oveɾ ɑ cɑse of the squiɾts ɑfteɾ ɑll thɑt cɾɑzy poop i been eɑtin ːbɑnɡː
so much effort lol

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

I've always just used the standard site on my phone, what aspects of it don't you like and are improved?
The mobile version is less intuitive and uglier in almost every way.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

What do you feel is so "less intuitive" of it?
The drop down menus for navigation were cumbersome and annoying to me but to be honest I only used it for about 3 minutes and then switched back to the regular view so maybe I'm just lazy.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

I'm sorry you were confused by a dropdown menu. Spending more than 3 minutes on it really helps though.
I never said I was confused? :confused:

It takes 3 "clicks" to get somewhere on the mobile version while it takes only one to navigate via the regular forums on a mobile device. That's what cumbersome means.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

It takes two clicks. You click the box, you click where you want to go. That is cumbersome?
You also have to scroll the wheel to your desired selection. It's 3 "actions" vs 1 action to complete the same task. Yes, that's cumbersome.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

Most mobile devices do not have wheels on them, which is the target group to use of this feature.
Cool.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

Well the issue with this is that, for example, when you're in GBS and 90% of the thread icons are "I LOVE CUM," some of your scanning ability is hindered.
Just drop the "new replies" box from the upper corner to the bottom corner. Should be an easy thing and more tags/visual information is a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Jeffrey posted:

One thing I noticed because I'm actually looking at the ui(true in both the old and new uis) - why is there a logout button when you are typing a reply? I do sometimes log out of the forums but I never realize I need to do so mid-post.
It seems directed at people who post using multiple accounts, seeing as how it's directly next to the text telling you which user you're logged in as.

• Locked thread