Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mfcrocker posted:

I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

I agree that his performance here is significantly better than Role Madness, but I don't think that's an accurate way to assess scumminess. I'm sure he learned from that game.

Sucks dude, hope it gets better. If you want a dead-end job at a company that doesn't care about you in one of the most dangerous cities in the country, let me know!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm with TT, that post jumped out at me too ##vote ac

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

apostateCourier posted:

I'm more inclined to imagine stupidity. I'm not sure why scum would self vote. ##unvote Need to think about this.

This post feels like scum to me. "Need to think about this" - if aC were town, there's nothing to think about. It was a joke-phase bandwagon and a poorly thought out self-vote from a probably frustrated townie. This reads more like scum trying to appear to be being useful/putting effort into deduction when there's nothing to go on from what's happened so far.

This + TT's post which I agree with is convincing to me.

##vote aC

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kerro posted:

This post feels like scum to me. "Need to think about this" - if aC were town, there's nothing to think about. It was a joke-phase bandwagon and a poorly thought out self-vote from a probably frustrated townie. This reads more like scum trying to appear to be being useful/putting effort into deduction when there's nothing to go on from what's happened so far.

##vote aC

When you guys lynch me, which I deserve at this point for my lovely play, take a good long look at this post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kerro posted:

##vote aC

This is the first post about AC that has resonated with me, but I feel much better about Epsilon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

apostateCourier posted:

When you guys lynch me, which I deserve at this point for my lovely play, take a good long look at this post.

Why don't we look at it now? What would you like to point out?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Why don't we look at it now? What would you like to point out?

It's a weak justification for a vote tagged onto a "me too" post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

I mean, really the weak justification is on TT and Opop. Kerro is the only one who gives any real reason to vote you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why do "me too" posts have such a bad rap? If someone makes a good argument, can't you just agree with it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do "me too" posts have such a bad rap? If someone makes a good argument, can't you just agree with it?

Hey while you're here, who is scum?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who knows

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Hey while you're here, who is scum?

Hey while you're here, maybe answer PM's question? Sometimes a good argument is made. Does every single person voting need to justify their vote with a unique argument?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey while you're here, maybe answer PM's question? Sometimes a good argument is made. Does every single person voting need to justify their vote with a unique argument?

Why would I answer a question that wasn't directed at me regarding something I didn't say?

Hey while you're here though, who is scum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's disingenuous somb, it seemed pretty clearly aimed at you dismissing the votes from opop and myself

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No it's not. AC calls Kerro's post a poorly justified "me too." I say that if any votes are poorly justified, it's TT and Opop. I said that because I don't agree with AC's "me too" point.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dear Somberbrero,

Somberbrero posted:

I mean, really the weak justification is on TT and Opop. Kerro is the only one who gives any real reason to vote you.

Please explain why TT's vote is "unjustified" when TT clearly quoted the post justifying his vote. Similarly, please explain why Opop cannot simply agree with TT.

Please reply at your earliest convience.

Warmest regards,

Epsilon Plus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

No it's not. AC calls Kerro's post a poorly justified "me too." I say that if any votes are poorly justified, it's TT and Opop. I said that because I don't agree with AC's "me too" point.

this is becoming a semantics argument. I guarantee PM was referring to my and opop's vote

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also I have no comfortable reads on anyone. When I feel like I know who's scum I'll put my vote where my mouth is.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also I have no comfortable reads on anyone. When I feel like I know who's scum I'll put my vote where my mouth is.

is it just null on everyone or what

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Dear Somberbrero,

Please explain why TT's vote is "unjustified" when TT clearly quoted the post justifying his vote. Similarly, please explain why Opop cannot simply agree with TT.

Please reply at your earliest convience.

Warmest regards,

Epsilon Plus

Are you kidding me? This is completely aside the point. I don't know why you're quoting "unjustified" when you're the only person to use that word.

There's no possible way you are town if you are deliberately misconstruing something as basic as "TT and Opop had weaker justification than Kerro."

I am not saying TT is scum.

I am not saying Opop is scum.

I am saying that AC pointing our Kerro's vote as scummy for weak justification is silly when you look at the other votes on her.

Do you actually have any meaningful insights as to who is scum here, or are you content to snipe from the sidelines without ever putting forward any real opinions?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

apostateCourier posted:

Pinterest Mom posted:

TT what are you talking about?

Epsilon and I aren't two two townies slapfighting, he is scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

If someone makes a good argument, can't you just agree with it?

this is in no way applicable to kerro's post

if ac actually is tryign to claim this she is clear scum

(ac you are she right I forget)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Are you kidding me? This is completely aside the point. I don't know why you're quoting "unjustified" when you're the only person to use that word.

There's no possible way you are town if you are deliberately misconstruing something as basic as "TT and Opop had weaker justification than Kerro."

I am not saying TT is scum.

I am not saying Opop is scum.

I am saying that AC pointing our Kerro's vote as scummy for weak justification is silly when you look at the other votes on her.

Do you actually have any meaningful insights as to who is scum here, or are you content to snipe from the sidelines without ever putting forward any real opinions?

if you aren't saying we're scum why even bring it up idgi

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

is it just null on everyone or what

I mean Kerro's first vote seemed pretty non-jokey to me, tithin either made a poor play or was just temporarily stupid, aC flipflopped really quickly which reads kinda scummy to me. If you made me choose I'd say it's a coinflip between aC and Kerro but I am currently not comfortable voting either until I give it a better read.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

"unjustified", "poorly justified", "weak justification", whatever. The quotes were a mistake but the intent was not.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
My first vote was just an arbitrary jokephase vote on the person who had posted immediately before me. :ssh: I have no idea how it could possible seem in any way serious.

Does anybody actually think anyone else is scum in all the arguing over the last couple of pages? It seems kinda pointless to me. Feeling pretty comfortable with my vote on aC though.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Hahaha, I actually didn't notice that. ~sorry bro~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

if you aren't saying we're scum why even bring it up idgi

aghhhhhh because I don't think kerro is scum and AC's point was wrong. Taste stop playing mafia while high!

Epsilon Plus posted:

I mean Kerro's first vote seemed pretty non-jokey to me, tithin either made a poor play or was just temporarily stupid, aC flipflopped really quickly which reads kinda scummy to me. If you made me choose I'd say it's a coinflip between aC and Kerro but I am currently not comfortable voting either until I give it a better read.

kill this man please.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

aghhhhhh because I don't think kerro is scum and AC's point was wrong. Taste stop playing mafia while high!

what does that have to do with the validity of our votes

quote:

kill this man please.

you're tunneling this dude (dude?) no matter how they react

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also since I can't guarantee I can vote before deadline ##vote aC for aformentioned flipflopping

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also also yes dude. Praise 'pon TT for asking when in doubt

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon Plus posted:

Little of both.

I am around, but abstaining from voting today as I need to reabsorb the game and get my bearings on it again which I'm not likely to do for another 13 hours when I get home from work.

This being said, if Somb were scum, he'd have pushed as hard as possible to gank me, except he didn't, and he offered me advice instead which Scum wouldn't do. (scum doc etc)

They'd have pushed for the kill, which is the point that I think he was making on pmom - most people were willing to accept temporary stupidity / gently caress up on my part, but pmom wasn't.

Anyway, I'll check in via phone through the day but no effort posts.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
just goin' through peoples posts to see if somethin jumps out at me since i probably should (and somb reminded me i kinda meant to originally anyone) and, well...

Epsilon Plus posted:

If you made me choose I'd say it's a coinflip between aC and Kerro but I am currently not comfortable voting either until I give it a better read.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also since I can't guarantee I can vote before deadline ##vote aC for aformentioned flipflopping

well, aC was on your shortlist but this seems like a really weird and sudden shift in your reasoning

like there wasnt even 20 minutes between your uncertainty of it so not wanting to vote but deciding "oh wait i should totally vote just in case" like you wanted to be seen to have been contributing even if time runs out or something

Epsilon Plus posted:

i wouldnt say so but this kinda unneeded snipe came sort of out of nowhere and seems like you wanted to more obstruct somb's questioning than anything else. and it worked. you completely managed to derail where the thread was going at the time.

pmom didnt really help there by answering in a super deflective manner that really looking back comes off as not wanting to even try to scumhunt though!

even with that right now im most inclined to ##vote ep just on balance

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dragonatrix posted:

just goin' through peoples posts to see if somethin jumps out at me since i probably should (and somb reminded me i kinda meant to originally anyway)

mafiaedit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tremendous Taste posted:

you're tunneling this dude (dude?) no matter how they react

No, I'm just completely sure on this. Epsilon is straddling the fence so hard he should be arrested for public indecency.

Epsilon Plus posted:

1) The point on Kerro is fake content.

2) Why even mention tithin at this point?

3) How is flip-flopping scummy? Flip-flopping is a buzzword designed to disguise a lack of original content or thought.

4) Saying you can't make up your mind by refusing to take sides and actually scumhunt is scummy. Your vote should never come down to ~a coin flip.~

5) Did EP suddenly reread the thread and all was made plain? Why even hedge your promise of a vote like that?

tithin posted:

Little of both.

I am around, but abstaining from voting today as I need to reabsorb the game and get my bearings on it again which I'm not likely to do for another 13 hours when I get home from work.

This being said, if Somb were scum, he'd have pushed as hard as possible to gank me, except he didn't, and he offered me advice instead which Scum wouldn't do. (scum doc etc)

They'd have pushed for the kill, which is the point that I think he was making on pmom - most people were willing to accept temporary stupidity / gently caress up on my part, but pmom wasn't.

Anyway, I'll check in via phone through the day but no effort posts.

You should vote. It can be anyone, just vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
haha, hi5 Dragonatrix. That is a better post than my post.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ugh 3 hours left.

I really don't want to bandwagon without justification.

Let me get to work and I'll re read the case against ep and apc and see which one tags scummiest to me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Why would I answer a question that wasn't directed at me regarding something I didn't say?

this is a good question imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a good question imo

can you actually do something :mad:

• Locked thread