Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pinterest Mom posted:

my biggest gaming regret is buying a black rather than purple gamecube, because purple is hella gay

I know you are but what am I

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I dunno, anyone who is a fan of rrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART can't be all bad

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tremendous Taste posted:

even if that happened in my own game i don't get the reference

much like byobtards

Who's a BYOBtard? :confused: I don't have a single post there

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

mr.capps posted:

hi, anyone want a kinect?

:commissar:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6gFR0_Fqqg

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Throwing this out there - as a Nintendo Gamecube, I'm a VT.

We know there's two teams of scum out there based on the OP

we know there's an Xbox Kinect (and given Kerro immediately leaped on me for shitposting, he probably is a microsoft device also) so I theorise that we have a Microsoft scum team, and based on Pinterest Mom's post, and Poison Mushrooms post, a second Sega scum team.

~vote for me if you like, I am VT, and I'm not that invested in the game, all I ask is that if I do get turbolynched, and when it comes out that I am in fact VT, that you duders and duderinos look to the people who turbolynched me to see if the facts add up~

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hmm

Had a chance to think about it, see, while I'm alive, I'm a liability to town and mafia alike because this sudden interest in me as mafia makes it so town will never be sure that I'm not, and suddenly people are backing down on me since I posted that thing which makes me more sure that I'm on the right track (especially pinterest moms response, lol ok)

The best thing I can do to ensure a town win is flip town and ensure my ~theory~ is taken seriously

therefore turbolynch me you fuckers

##vote tithin

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'd argue it's perfectly coherent.

There are two scum teams

I am Vanilla Town as Nintendo

We have one other person claiming microsoft, and two other people making lots of sega references.

But lets humour you ok, now that you're cooling down from your calls to lynchlynchlynch

Who do you see as Scum, why do you see them as Scum

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

~shrug~

I am going to bed, goodnight, turbolynch me or don't :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sorry, sleep deprivation does weird things to my brain.

##unvote

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also what the gently caress do amiibos even do

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been playing Fire Emblem for the 3ds, and I am now watching some rear end in a top hat play through lunatic+ and :gonk: ing at some of these enemy setups.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Tithin, this post is stupid (which I will get to separately in a minute) but I feel that you are town for this.

As each scum team has only 2 members I think that the scum would be more likely to fight to stay alive since if they die they would be leaving their scum buddy all alone. I would not expect to see fatalistic scum, especially out of the gate.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

For tithin:

Why voting for yourself is stupid if you are town.
- town need to stay alive so the scum don't outnumber them
- if you are VT or a doc (which are the only town roles in this game) then the only person you can be 100% mod-confirmed certain is town is yourself.
- voting for mod confirmed town is stupid. There is a 0% chance you are scum! there is a >0% chance anyone else is scum. Therefore the odds that you will catch scum are better if you vote for literally anyone else.

Stick around and show that you are town through trying to hunt scum. Don't be all "oh this is so confusing for everyone now"

/mafia dad

I'm gonna reiterate what I said earlier - yesterday I was sleep deprived (had two nights running of nearly falling asleep 4-5 times and being woken by my kid) as balls and it affected how I was playing.

I don't think the logic chain of how I got to where I did is particularly hard to follow, and I still vaguely think there's something there, but given that Pmush has said not to read too deeply into it, I'm probably way off base.

Thanks for the advice though.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dr. Hurt posted:

Some 3DS love here tonight. Tithin before this game is done we should exchange friend codes. I need more 3DS friends. If you do that I'll forgive you for your self vote.

3754-7315-7731

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:shobon:

The downside of being a new player when injokes are flying around

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pinterest Mom posted:

even if you didn't know it was an injoke, you don't get to be off the hook.

you were still accusing me of breadcrumbing a scumclaim for no reason, which makes no sense.

I've already explained how I got to where I did. If I can accept you're making an injoke, then you could be kind enough to realise why it looked to me the way it did.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Marginally, but less so than yesterday.

The downside to this sort of sleep deprivation is that it doesn't go away from one good sleep.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Presumably so they could dismiss it later as shitposting, in an effort to later hide in plain sight?

gently caress if I know, there's a reason I've not voted for anyone else yet.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon Plus posted:

btw quote this if you ever actually had a sega saturn/played Daytona USA on one

gotta know who's cool

I had neither Saturn nor n64, but had friends who had both, and between the three of us I played a lot of games as a kid :shrug:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh scratch that, I did have a saturn, bought it about 7 years ago!

it had no power cable, AV cable, or controller, and it sat in a box for 5 years before getting chucked

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon Plus posted:

I mean Kerro's first vote seemed pretty non-jokey to me, tithin either made a poor play or was just temporarily stupid, aC flipflopped really quickly which reads kinda scummy to me. If you made me choose I'd say it's a coinflip between aC and Kerro but I am currently not comfortable voting either until I give it a better read.

Little of both.

I am around, but abstaining from voting today as I need to reabsorb the game and get my bearings on it again which I'm not likely to do for another 13 hours when I get home from work.

This being said, if Somb were scum, he'd have pushed as hard as possible to gank me, except he didn't, and he offered me advice instead which Scum wouldn't do. (scum doc etc)

They'd have pushed for the kill, which is the point that I think he was making on pmom - most people were willing to accept temporary stupidity / gently caress up on my part, but pmom wasn't.

Anyway, I'll check in via phone through the day but no effort posts.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ugh 3 hours left.

I really don't want to bandwagon without justification.

Let me get to work and I'll re read the case against ep and apc and see which one tags scummiest to me.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pinterest Mom posted:

i have a dayvig. it is currently aimed at tt. it will go off one hour before deadline.

Why wait?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Does it seem like there's two mafia games going on here? Ycs mafia and normal mafia?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm wondering if I should just not go for a hammer, I acknowledge that apc "looks" scummy, but at the same time I'm just not 100% convinced without doing a full reread.

No chance of a term extension so I can do a full read later tonight after work?

Don't want to just bandwagon the dude.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

No extension means no full reread.

Sorry apc :(

##vote apc

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vote didn't go through for some reason.

##vote apostatecourier

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh and ##vote tithin

(this is a set-up spec vote. i think all townies have a funny joke name. "Gamecube" is not a funny joke.)

This is a weak reason.

Specifically my role is "Nintendo's big purple lunch box"

You can see how I extrapolated that to Gamecube?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How is it a weak defence?

Seems pretty logical to me.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think you're pushing really really hard to pin something innocuous as something malevolent.

If you won't acknowledge what I say (or provide a decent reason why you think I'm lying), then how on earth am I expected to answer your questions to your satisfaction?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've given the full flavour of my role (unlike yourself) and the reason I extrapolated it as a console.

I think the link between flavour and console is pretty clear, but let's be fair shall we, feel free to share your full flavour so we're on an even footing?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am around, just working today so liable to be quiet.

Had intended to do an :effort: post, but patch 6. 0.2 dropped on wow last night and I got distracted. And no, that's not a breadcrumb, it's a thing that happened.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'll try to do so after work. Phone posting for the next 12 hours sadly, but sure, I'll do a retread on those 3.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I don't disagree with you that it was a poo poo house vote, but with only an hour left, and only one clear contender I thought I'd roll the dice because in the grand scheme of things, there being an hour left doesn't matter if no one else is there to vote.

I don't like bandwagons, but I did it because it was either lynch or miss out was my rationale.

Effort post in an hour or two.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon, Hurt, and Crocker

Hi, okay, I was asked to do a re-read of Epsilon, Hurt and Crocker, whether I think they're towny or scum, and possible quotes.

I'm also going to preface this by saying that for the minute? I'm not voting for anyone, plenty of time left.

Epsilon

Not a massive amount of posts (thank you) - and a lot of breadcrumbing that he's vaguely sega related.

Epsilon Plus posted:

btw quote this if you ever actually had a sega saturn/played Daytona USA on one

gotta know who's cool

Epsilon Plus posted:

I had a Genesis amd a Saturn

(there was a rumor that they would be backwards compatible. this was False.)

He's contradicted himself later by saying that his specific flavour is -

Epsilon Plus posted:

Just stopping by to state that my flavor is "Giant enemy crab", so I think Pintrest Mom is right in that town have silly names. I don't think this validates suspicion of Tithin, just want to clear the air so we can discuss more important things.

That's not neccessarily a sign of scumminess though - and giant enemy crab is a video game related meme, so I could vaguely buy it.

Outside of this, most of his posts are one or two sentences long, which could be a sign of scumminess or it could just be a sign of someone being unable to commit long term to a game.

There's not a whole lot of scum hunting going on in his posts either - mostly defending himself from Sombrero which I find difficult to find fault with, considering that I've spent a good chunk of my own posts defending myself from people.

Tithin Judgement - Lazy townie, low chance of being scum

Dr. Hurt

Lots of rolling start references, Whole lot of chatter.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Man where is everyone this game. Also yeah Capps why is Taste scum? He's just being a refugee from YCS.

Deadline is tomorrow. As of right now we've got Tithin's awful sleep deprived post calling Pin Mom a scum for Rolling Start.

Somber Bro, what's your reason for Epsilon besides gut? Gut and precedence?

We've got an interaction here between him and known scum - defending TT. This doesn't neccessarily mean he's (Dr Hurt) town in a game with two scum teams, but it's certainly a point in his favour.

Most of his content posts are questioning the reasoning behind why people are voting the way they are, and that's certainly not something most scum are going to try to encourage.

Dr. Hurt posted:

You want some thoughts? Here's some thoughts. Sombrero is tunneling like he typically does. A bloodhound with an axe to grind, particularly EP. I don't find EP that scummy, even based off Dragon's Highly lauded posts. Also fiery don't vote that. EP ain't scum.

I don't like how Pin Mom acted at the beginning of the day based off of this

and this

Mom knows it's bad, (says later that it's weak) but doubles down on it right after stepping off. His reasoning makes no sense and is forced trying to hedge somebody in a corner.

Would vote for mom.

This is probably the most telling post here - there's definitely a judgement made and reasons given - I am, however biased on this particular exchange, given the topic of conversation.

Judgement - 90% town, with a side of friendly banter.

mfcrocker

Not much here for me to make a judgement call off given -

mfcrocker posted:

Sorry, will be quite quiet for a couple of days as I might be getting laid off on Tuesday. Will try and keep an eye on the thread.

##unvote

It is however immediately followed up by

mfcrocker posted:

TT is probably still in jester mode from last game :P

Also this is the scummiest person so far cool bye

##vote Somberbrero

Which is a really really weird vote made with no justification provided that I can read.

mfcrocker posted:

I dunno, EP has seemed significantly less poo poo at this whole thing than last game. I feel he's an easy target. Trust me, I'll be keeping my eye out, but for now I'm pretty happy.

Also I'm less distracted now as I got laid off a day early wooooooop

(sorry about the layoff Bud)

mfcrocker posted:

This is a town EP if you ask me.

Very defensive of EP - which is giving me cause to reconsider my "probably not scum" thoughts.

mfcrocker posted:

I'm Sony's $300 Persona 4 Portable machine, which is just great :3:

This however is the most curious to me - here's the flavours we know for a fact are real -

Genesis Does What Nintendon't (Vanilla Town) - Meme & Console
Facebook (Casual-aligned Scum) - Platform

Claimed roles

Nintendo's big purple lunchbox - Console - Tithin
Giant Enemy Crab - Meme - Epsilon Plus
The very existence of the Halo franchise - Pinterest Mom (this one stands out to me, as neither a meme nor a console reference, nor a platform)
"I'm pretty sure I'm just the wii-u. Aka the best console." - Somberbrero (can't make a judgement call without the full flavour)
Sony's $300 Persona 4 Portable machine - Meme & Console

In MFCrockers case, we've got something that's both meme AND console, which likely indicates he is town because it follows the standard naming convention we can see with the on confirmed flip we've got.

That said, this assumes he's not lying.

Tithin Judgement - Eh, 50/50, but possibly the scummiest I've seen next to Pinterest Mom.

And no, I won't do a thing on Pinterest Mom, because people know I've got an OMGUS against him, so anything I say won't be taken seriously. I'll let someone else do a read and post their impressions.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I didn't say you were scum!

In fact I said that your flavour marked you as quite probably town - :greencube:

I also didn't vote for anyone because I'm not convinced you're scum! post more!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Also I literally bought a PSVita on release in anticipation of Persona 4, so your flavour struck a chord with me :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Epsilon Plus posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: Woah there! You can't call anyone "known scum". This is intentionally misleading. The only known scum so far is Capps. We don't know poo poo until a flip. I don't think Hurt smells like roses, no, but you can't make claims like that.

Did you deliberately misread what I said?

He has an interaction with :siren:known scum Mr capps:siren:

quote:

which is pathetic given the reasoning you just gave. Your statements are not matching your judgements.

I was asked to give an opinion and reasons why - to my mind and based on my read he's the most town like.

quote:

I'm not even going to break down your statements on mfcrocker because they're feeble. More feeble than everything else, at least. You somehow think mfcrocker is the scummiest despite pointing the strongest fingers at Hurt? You are non-congruent. People might think you're making an effort, but I think you have darker intent.

##vote tithin

How the gently caress did you read what I wrote (and presumably my subsequent posts directed @ crocker) and take the exact opposite of both my intention and written word from.

This is the scummiest play yet - I wasn't convinced prior, but this has to be deliberate.

##vote Epsilon Plus

• Locked thread