Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Let's Play OoT Blind!

Wait...what?
I can assure you, your eyes are not deceiving you. I have never, at any point in the 16 years since it was released played Ocarina of Time. Not only that but I've managed to not absorb a single piece of knowledge about it. Literally all I know about this game is that almost everyone hates Navi, gently caress the water temple, Hyrule Field is huge and there are ocarinas and time travel. I've played most of the 2D Zeldas but I've never played any of the 3D ones except for watching my girlfriend play through the first couple of hours of Wind Waker. For the record, I've also never played any other N64 game.

So why do an LP?
Two reasons. One, for reasons I won't get into here, I've never actually played a lot of the "classic" games that defined the childhoods of people who were growing up in the 90s and as a consequence, I hold no nostalgia for them whatsoever. Combine this with playing these games as an adult, in the year 2014 and you get a unique perspective on the design, progression and gameplay of these games. Secondly, most people who have already played this game have played it to death and know every secret, every hidden item, every easter egg. They know the game inside out. Part of what I love about games like this is the joy of discovering all these new and fun little things, and in my own strange way I want you guys to be able to relive that joy and excitement through me!

So does that mean you're going to constantly criticise the game?
Not even a little bit! If I notice something that really rubs me the wrong way, like genuinely bad or poorly thought out mechanics, or a plot point that makes no sense, I will call it out and hope it sparks fun conversation with both the thread and my co-pilot! But my intention is just to play this game and enjoy discovering it for the first time!

How much editing will there be?
As little as possible. If I get stuck on a puzzle for an hour I will speed through the footage or do a jump-cut but beyond that, everything is recorded live and nothing will be edited out or glossed over! For better or worse, this is a completely blind LP!

So are you doing this on your own?
Goodness no! Doing it on my own would make this already big project twice as long as it needs to be and to tell the truth I'm not nearly charismatic enough to pull off solo commentary. For every episode I will have a co-pilot along with me. Their purpose is to both give me someone to talk to and to help me out when I get stuck, or to poke me in the right direction if I get lost. Its like having my own personal Navi!

So what's your spoiler policy?
Okay, I know most people have played this game so this is gonna be a little strange to deal with but :siren:Absolutely no spoilers at all under any circumstances:siren: this is a no black bar zone! Part of the reason I've been so excited about starting this LP is because there are very few people who actually can do it blind and I don't want to ruin that part of the premise! I know very very little about this game and I'd like to be surprised by all the little things it has to offer so please don't ruin it for me :smith:

Can I be a co-pilot?
You totally can! All I ask is that you don't spoil the game for me and only guide me when I need it! If you think you can do both of those things, here is a spreadsheet where you can sign up!

Episode List
Youtube Playlist!
Episode 1 - I Can't Remember My Navi Button with ChaosArgate (my apologies for the visible FRAPS overlay while we were in the menus, unfortunately they're baked into the raw video and I can't edit them out. I promise they won't appear in the next episode though)
Episode 2 - Inside Treedad with ChaosArgate
Episode 3 - Pizza Nightmares with ChaosArgate and my good friend Pan!
Episode 4 - I Speak English Good with ChaosArgate
Episode 5 - I Am NOT Into That with ChaosArgate
Episode 6 - Oh Goodness, No with ChaosArgate
Episode 7 - Hi, Friend~! with ChaosArgate
Episode 8 - New Heights of Incompetence with ChaosArgate
Episode 9 - Beware of Landsharks with ChaosArgate
Episode 10 - King Lasershark with ChaosArgate, Silver Falcon and Triskelli
Episode 11 - No with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 12 - Dongers with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 13 - Octorock with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 14 - Barry's Nads with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 15 - You'll Understand When You're Older with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 16 - Horsing Around withChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 17 - More like Hyrude! with ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon
Episode 18 - Minotaurs with ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon
Episode 19 - Spooky Scary Skeletons with [ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon
Episode 20 - Technical Difficulties with ChaosArgate
Episode 21 - I Forgot To Stream Dark Souls with ChaosArgate and Silver Falcon
Episode 22 - Can't Stop The Rock with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 23 - Goron Buddies with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 24 - Wiggly Snake Path with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 25 - I Warned You About Those Stairs, Man with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 26 - Hot Gamer Tips with ChaosArgate and Panzer Skank
Episode 27a - Everything You Know Is Wrong - The original recording of this session, featuring a tiny, lovely skype window! With ChaosArgate and Artix
Episode 27 - This Is Welcome To Zelda with ChaosArgate and Artix
Episode 28 - Sheik, The Friendship Ninja with ChaosArgate and Artix
Episode 29 - This Isn't So Bad with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 30 - I Don't Hate This with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 31 - I Am Thou with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 32 - Why Joey, Why? with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 33 - Can I Get That Key Bronzed? with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 34 - There's Something In The Water with ChaosArgate and Fizzicist
Episode 35 - Look How Cute We Are with ChaosArgate
Episode 36 - I'm Sorry I Tried To Blow You Up with ChaosArgate
Episode 37 - This Is The Best Save State with ChaosArgate
Episode 38 - Why Are We Fighting A Rendering Error? with ChaosArgate and Nidoking
Episode 39 - I Will Never Do That Again with ChaosArgate and Nidoking
Episode 40 - Bat Troubles with ChaosArgate and Nidoking
Episode 41 - Bunny Slippers with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 42 - Don't Watch Chaos Edition with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 43 - Three Copies Of Smash with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 44 - Shootin' Hoops with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree
Episode 45 - Thanks, Navi with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree (Shadow Temple boss uncut)
Episode 45.5 - Faelure Reel with ChaosArgate and WanderingKree (Shadow Temple boss sped up + music)
Episode 46 - Girls Only Fort with ChaosArgate
Episode 47 - The One Where ChaosArgate Consults A Guide with ChaosArgate
Episode 48 - Sorry I Shot You with ChaosArgate
Episode 49 - Navi Got Me Killed with ChaosArgate and gnome7
Episode 50 - This Is Going Well with ChaosArgate and gnome7
Episode 51 - Welcome To The Fishing Stream with ChaosArgate and gnome7
Episode 52 - Why Aren't You Dead? with ChaosArgate and gnome7
Episode 53 - I'm Very Proud Of You All with ChaosArgate and gnome7
Episode 54 - Ledges with ChaosArgate and Artix
Episode 55 - Poor Decisions with ChaosArgate and Artix
Episode 56 - The Faenal Showdown with ChaosArgate and hitbox stream chat

Bonuses
Test Footage - Super Mario 64 with ChaosArgate - this was the test footage I posted in the sandcastle for this thread to test my audio/video setup! ChaosArgate banned me from using OoT to do it so he picked this out for me instead and we had a blast! The audio is a little quiet though so keep that in mind!
Fae Plays Smash 3DS for the first time with WanderingKree and ChaosArgate
Bonus - Talon's Game ChaosArgate shows me the "proper" way to beat Talon's dumb minigame for idiots.
Bonus Stream! Artix, ChaosArgate and Fae play the trainwreck that is Ocarina Of Time 2D

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey guys so I hear you wanted Fae to do more Super Mario 64? Well a few hours ago we played some Mario 64 and recorded the magic.

Bonus Video 5 - Hyrule is Just Awesome Fae makes a tribute to the thread and the first act of the game :3:
Bonus Video 6 - Fishing For Real This Time - The full, 100% unedited fishing stream, where we fish, talk about socks, share fish facts and hang out for two and a half hours!
Bonus Video 7 - Duck Headcanons - the second fishing stream, a full four hours of fishing and chatting about language, candy, and duck facts!
Bonus Episode 8 - T-Shirt Chat with ChaosArgate and Nidoking (Bomchu Bowling and Shooting Gallery!)
Bonus Episode 9 - Epona? with ChaosArgate
Bonus Episode 10 - I'm Still Not Doing The Bottle Quest with ChaosArgate

Bonus Exploration Videos
Bonus Exploration Video 1 - Who is Saria Anyway? (Hyrule Field and Kokiri Village)
Bonus Exploration Video 2 - Chickens! (Death Mountain and Kakariko Village)
Bonus Exploration Video 3 - Sariaphone featuring gnome7!
Bonus Exploration Video 4 - I've Already Been To Most Of These Places

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Fanart!

Here's where you can find all the silly things people have drawn/made for the thread!

The "Link Using a Catapult" Challenge

Your Computer has the best and most correct interpretation of Navi :3:

Your Computer posted:

"OH MY GOD LOOK AT ALL THE THINNNNNNNNNGS! :3:"

Reoxygenation posted:

Link gonna gently caress Ghoma up

Veloxyll posted:

When you were doing the stealth section, I couldn't help but imagine this:

The real Ocarina of Time starts here.

Faerie Fortune posted:

Does it count as fanart if its made by the person LPing the game?

HardDisk posted:

This stood out for me:

Shiny777 posted:

If there was just a little more room up top there...

Cartheon posted:

How about this? I name this masterpiece, "Making Friends With A Maglite Flashlight."

Your Computer posted:

Yeeeaaaaah... Leapfrog...

davidspackage posted:

I can't really draw for poo poo, but here's what I was thinking when Fae got Din's Fire:

Fredrik1 posted:

I can't draw for poo poo either, but here is my artistic interpenetration of Fae's poem. :)

chocolatekake posted:

Bit late on this one...oh well.
Re: Episode 8

Fae, how could you? First you murder the Dodongo, then talk smack about his new hobby.

Your Computer posted:

I support this notion and drew up a quick explanatory picture

Reoxygenation posted:

my take on that scene, i have nothing against navi but

Cartheon posted:

I name this masterpiece "Also Known As Nestle Brand Water"

Carbon dioxide posted:

Did you say "Lord Chimney-Chunga"?

I'm so sorry.

davidspackage posted:

After watching the latest video I drew this. I call it "Fae, reading the thread"

Fredrik1 posted:

Is this thread a horse?

chocolatekake posted:

Re: Exploration 3. I really need to catch up :sweatdrop:

The Adventures of Link, The "Good Little Boy"

evilspacehopper posted:

Edit: I forget who asked for this but I ended up drawing it...

Your Computer posted:

Time for tea.

Your Computer posted:

Sorry it's no dramatic chipmunk..

Aristide posted:

Just got around to the most recent update and I've got to say, aggressively friendly Link has quickly become my favorite Link.
Thank you, Fae♥

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I really hope you don't mind but you made me want to do a (quick and lovely) version too!

Veloxyll posted:

Since no-one has posted fanart on this yet.

evilspacehopper posted:

Good thing I have access to basic art supplies at work!

Your Computer posted:

I tried drawing an animation of the noscoping octorok, but photoshop is a pain to animate in, so it turned out quite... rudimentary :ohdear:

Rahonavis posted:

Happy New Year, thread! I drew you some stuff:

(My favorite part of the LP so far.)

"I like the way these candles light up as we get more ghost friends!" :buddy:
[/quote]

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Best 200 rupees I ever spent.

YggiDee posted:

The 3DS version of Flipnote finally came out in countries that speak English, so I doodled a thread tribute.

(musical accompaniment)

SkinCrawling posted:

My guess is two attempts, because I guess some really bad luck will kill Fae

In celebration of today's Sick Flip, I drew a really dumb comic.

SkinCrawling posted:

I might miss the stream depending on how much time my plans for today will take.

Regardless, happy birthday :toot: and have a fan art of our smoking hot redead

Rahonavis posted:

Some fanarts, cause it's been a while.

Let's consider the sheer existential horror of being a Bombchu.

Fredrik1 posted:

The adventures of tree-dad! (this took way too long)

FeyerbrandX posted:

Since Artix got a couple of certificates for his spinoff, it's appropriate for you to get a couple too. But one will have to wait until the end.

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 11:07 on May 23, 2015

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
What was that track that was played while trying to figure out the menu and controls? Something from another Zelda game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Faylone posted:

What was that track that was played while trying to figure out the menu and controls? Something from another Zelda game?

This is it.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

I was worried you were going to leave the cave and the entire video would be getting the Kokiri Sword. I also kind of regret that not being the case, in a weird sort of way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You have already gleaned the 'roll into zone transition' technique that literally everyone who has ever played OoT does. Soon, the learner may surpass the teacher.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
This'll be fun, I always enjoy people experiencing games I know for the first time. I'm in!

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

It's pretty tiring to be constantly reminded "I've never played this! I don't know what's going on!" Same with watching someone struggle with controls. At least look at a guide, or do a test run to read about icons and HUD poo poo.

Maybe it's just because you only have 1 episode out, though, but I guess those are also just the downfalls of a blind LP that most watchers are going to just say "Yep, I thought that, too, when I was 10."

e: Also, if you're going to struggle so much with your emulator, why not just play it on the actual system it's meant for?

aidoru fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 11, 2014

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Huh... Really now? This should be a fun watch!

I personally got it when it first came out and wasn't thrilled while Majora's Mask on the other hand is one of my all time favorites.

I'll say about 4 episodes til Faerie wants the fairy dead.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Honestly, I think the hate for Navi is a bit overblown.

... But not entirely unjustified. I guess we'll see, huh?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

aidoru posted:

It's pretty tiring to be constantly reminded "I've never played this! I don't know what's going on!" Same with watching someone struggle with controls. At least look at a guide, or do a test run to read about icons and HUD poo poo.

Maybe it's just because you only have 1 episode out, though, but I guess those are also just the downfalls of a blind LP that most watchers are going to just say "Yep, I thought that, too, when I was 10."

e: Also, if you're going to struggle so much with your emulator, why not just play it on the actual system it's meant for?

We did do test runs. Just not with Zelda so the general N64 layout probably didn't stick all that well. It'll take some time but they'll stick pretty quickly. Also not everyone has the money to throw around for an N64, a copy of OoT and a capture device. :colbert:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

aidoru posted:

All valid criticisms so let me address them!

First of all you are correct and it won't really be mentioned again, at least not as much. This is my first VLP and I was pretty nervous recording the first episodes because I genuinely had no idea what the reception to it would be so I do tend to unnecessarily ramble a little bit! Struggling with the controls and HUD is just part of a blind run though, there's not a great deal I can do about that except cut it out if and when it gets too tedious! I'm sure you guys all struggled with it when you first played this too. On the other hand, most of you were about ten years old when you first played this game, not 28!

As for looking at a guide or doing a test run, those are both good ideas but again, this is a blind run and for better or worse I want to preserve that experience. ChaosArgate is there to be my guide and like I said, if my confusion gets tedious I will start cutting it out of the videos because you guys don't need to see me get confused about my controller setup 90 times.

ChaosArgate posted:

Also not everyone has the money to throw around for an N64, a copy of OoT and a capture device. :colbert:

aaand this is basically part of why I'm emulating! The other part is that - and I'm sorry to harp on this point - I have never played any N64 game before in my life. I've seen the N64 controller and if you think I struggle with the 360 control setup I use, I guarantee that I would struggle a lot more with the real thing just because I'm far less familiar with it.

To get an idea of how much the original controller confuses me, when I was setting up I remember asking my best friend "was this controller designed for an octopus?" and being completely serious.

I apologise if it seems like I'm picking on you, I'm really not and these are super valid concerns, I just wanted to address them all in case anyone else had the same ones!

Nihilarian posted:

Honestly, I think the hate for Navi is a bit overblown.

... But not entirely unjustified. I guess we'll see, huh?

In my incredibly amateur opinion I think a lot of it is that she's designed as a tutorial/helper/oh god I'm stuck what do I do kinda guide and most people don't need that so her presence feels unnecessary and annoying. For me, it might end up being necessary so I might come away not completely hating her! Time will only tell!

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 11, 2014

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I liked this! The talky-audio was, like, half a second ahead of the game, but other than that I enjoyed the first episode.

If you complete and enjoy this LP, I'm really really REALLY curious to hear your thoughts on the sequel, Majora's Mask.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

This is a great premise and I'm looking forward to seeing how you react as the game goes on. And while I would definitely recommend you experience it on an actual N64, if that's not possible for you then using an emulator is fine. Can't wait for the next update!

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

DO IT TO IT posted:

This is a great premise and I'm looking forward to seeing how you react as the game goes on. And while I would definitely recommend you experience it on an actual N64, if that's not possible for you then using an emulator is fine. Can't wait for the next update!

The emulator is superior in pretty much every way; why bother?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

aidoru posted:

I dunno about you, but that bit strugglin' to equip the kokiri sword was actually pretty funny. If it was done real-time, yeah, sure, it'd totally blow. But the music, fast-forwarding, and clueless subtitles sold it for me. It was no worse than when Geop struggled to figure poo poo out in his Dark Souls LP.

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I love blind LPs, especially when there is an experienced copilot to help. If I could make a suggestion, since you are using youtube, would you consider upping the emulator's resolution to 720p or higher? Either that, or double the resolution of the video you upload with nearest-neighbor. Youtube blurs lower resolution videos when you go to full screen, and a higher resolution source avoids that, as well as improving the audio encoding for some bizarre reason.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope you enjoy the game as much as I and so many others have.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.
I feel I should point out that the low draw distance on the Kokiri is deliberate - no other NPCs appear and disappear like that. The Kokiri are forest spirits; they're only seen when they want to be seen!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
ocariner of time. heh

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Blind LPs with experienced co-pilots (and experienced LPs with blind co-pilots) are my poo poo. Freaking bookmarked.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Playing with a mapped controller does tend to cause problems when it comes to the game telling you which button does what - good luck handling quick-time events if the A button on your controller isn't the one the game refers to as A. Trying to wrap my head around the 360 buttons after growing up with the SNES controller always causes problems for me. This game also has something that causes issues if your button mapping doesn't obviously correlate to the positions of the buttons on the N64 controller in a meaningful way, but like everything else, it's possible to work around it - the Gamecube controller causes similar problems for the GC version of the game, and that's an official Nintendo control scheme.

I still don't understand why "move the control stick to put the glowing box on top of the thing you want to interact with" confused you for as long as it did, though. Chaos wasn't able to tell you that much? That's what a co-pilot is FOR - the proxy for the manual you didn't read.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think something went screwy with the control layout at that point, because she really was trying to move the stick over. It fixed itself after a quick romp into the settings menu. :shrug:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

After some discussion this morning, ChaosArgate and I (mostly me) have confirmed that my controller setup is haunted. I promise the controller confusion will be less of an issue later on and will be mainly because I am an idiot rather than any more fuckups on the software side of things!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Nidoking posted:

Playing with a mapped controller does tend to cause problems when it comes to the game telling you which button does what - good luck handling quick-time events if the A button on your controller isn't the one the game refers to as A. Trying to wrap my head around the 360 buttons after growing up with the SNES controller always causes problems for me. This game also has something that causes issues if your button mapping doesn't obviously correlate to the positions of the buttons on the N64 controller in a meaningful way, but like everything else, it's possible to work around it - the Gamecube controller causes similar problems for the GC version of the game, and that's an official Nintendo control scheme.

I still don't understand why "move the control stick to put the glowing box on top of the thing you want to interact with" confused you for as long as it did, though. Chaos wasn't able to tell you that much? That's what a co-pilot is FOR - the proxy for the manual you didn't read.

Good thing the Zelda franchise up until Windwaker are entirely devoid of quick-time events.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I usually set the C buttons to the right analog stick (I use a PS2 controller). Maybe that will make it easier to remember where they are for you?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

PureRok posted:

I usually set the C buttons to the right analog stick (I use a PS2 controller). Maybe that will make it easier to remember where they are for you?

We set up her controller to best emulate the layout for an actual N64 controller/Wind Waker GC, where the primary action buttons are on the left and bottom face buttons, and the other two face buttons and RB are the item buttons. I thought about setting them to the right stick, but I didn't think it was a very practical idea to have an item be set to a direction on a stick.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So it's what, basically the GC controls for the Anniversary/Virtual Console version? Y/B for C-Left/C-Right and RB for C-Down? Personally I would have left them on the stick, but as long as she can keep them straight, I guess it works.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

Good thing the Zelda franchise up until Windwaker are entirely devoid of quick-time events.

Wait, there were QTEs in Wind Waker?

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Twilight Princess had a few iirc.

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Lots of people consider the counter-attack to be a quicktime event. It's debatable if it's a real quick time event or not, I guess it's sorta a hybrid between a QTE and attacking mechanic.

Twilight Princess definitely had some blantant QTEs.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So, how often are you guys planning on putting out updates, anyways? I'm curious to see thoughts on the gameplay inside the Deku Tree.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Panzerschwein posted:

Lots of people consider the counter-attack to be a quicktime event. It's debatable if it's a real quick time event or not, I guess it's sorta a hybrid between a QTE and attacking mechanic.

It's the best way to do QTE's because you can still feel a little bit like a badass when doing it and it progressively becomes more about recognizing patterns in the enemies, but trains you early on with easy-to-tell-enemies.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm going to enjoy this, it seems like you're not handholding the blind player too much. (You should have totally let her explore the lost woods though)

I can't wait for your take on the game Faerie Fortune, it's not my favorite 3D Zelda game, but it did become the root for so many other games to build from for 3D space.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

CuddlyZombie posted:

So, how often are you guys planning on putting out updates, anyways? I'm curious to see thoughts on the gameplay inside the Deku Tree.

At least once a week! The next update might be a tiny bit late since my computer has been randomly BSODing and I want to root out and fix the cause (which I'm pretty sure is my 8 year old graphics card) before I record/edit more videos but I'm getting a new one tomorrow anyway! So hopefully things should stay on schedule!

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.

Faerie Fortune posted:

[...] before I record/edit more videos [...]

I hope I'm not bothering you, but no comment has been made about my request for a higher resolution youtube video. Full details here.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

It'll be done, don't worry! I would've mentioned that in my last post but multiquotes are hard on mobile devices! I assure you all that I am reading your comments and taking them on board, its just hard to reply to them all when your computer is constantly bluescreening for no real reason

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.

Faerie Fortune posted:

It'll be done, don't worry! I would've mentioned that in my last post but multiquotes are hard on mobile devices! I assure you all that I am reading your comments and taking them on board, its just hard to reply to them all when your computer is constantly bluescreening for no real reason

Much appreciated. I admire your dedication to the project. Even blind LPs must contend with the curse, it seems.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Blind LPs of games I've played are great. I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm looking forward to more.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, definitely looking forward to more of this.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever find the Navi button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Quantum Toast posted:

Yeah, definitely looking forward to more of this.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever find the Navi button?

We did, after lots and lots of finagling with the controls! What happened was Project 64 changed her bindings after loading the rom, so we saved a profile to be loaded every time the game is booted to make absolutely sure we don't lose the Navi button again.

• Locked thread