Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Once on a whim I acquired a case of Theosophist's Philtre as a throwaway show of extravagant wealth which ended up resulting in campaign spanning paranoid tendencies after the Astropath tried to poison me and I started running everything I drank through Carnelian Sievestones. Basically what I'm saying is booze as loot is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Amasec for everyone then!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Thread's up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3674992

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp

I'm on the clock right now but I'll get something up once my shift's over.

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Okay serious question: how far is the GM willing to let me go with preying upon and terrorizing the underdecks, and can I murder Talbot without consequences?

Even if there are consequences I may still murder Talbot.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Nah, you can murder her as long as Ferrosol doesn't mind having to find a new first officer. :v: As for the underdecks, I'm alright with it; I can see it as you enforcing order down there Batman style.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
literally batman, except he is neither a bat nor a man, and brutally murders people for fun

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think with just these first posts the two officers already came to immediately regret their decision so lets no antagonize them further...for now

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

So what are peoples ideas about what we should do next. Do we continue to head for footfall and try and bluff our way into getting repairs from the Imperial navy? Or do we set off in search of vulnerable enemies to pirate? or do we go on a grand adventure in search of pure profit?

Personally I'm inclined to try and bluff our way into sweet repairs. But it's up to you guys.

Also unless anyone has a better plan I'm going to have the navigator placed under "house arrest" I.E ordered to remain in his comfortable quarters with all his reasonable requests to be met.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well honestly I don't know. Could we conceivably keep the less content sections of the officer corps from spilling the beans regarding the true fate of our late captain? I mean I can imitate the captain and there ain't loving nobody who could call me out on it, but I'm not sure as to whether I can deceive well enough to prevent the Footfall navy from getting suspicious as to why I'm not letting any of the crew off the ship, or what happened to our astropath, or why is the ship in lockdown.

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp

frajaq posted:

I think with just these first posts the two officers already came to immediately regret their decision so lets no antagonize them further...for now

I question your commitment to Commorragh.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Theres lots of people on the ship that I can flay/torture. It doesnt has to be potentially useful humans. Besides Im not a Kabalite

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Kurnugia posted:

Well honestly I don't know. Could we conceivably keep the less content sections of the officer corps from spilling the beans regarding the true fate of our late captain? I mean I can imitate the captain and there ain't loving nobody who could call me out on it, but I'm not sure as to whether I can deceive well enough to prevent the Footfall navy from getting suspicious as to why I'm not letting any of the crew off the ship, or what happened to our astropath, or why is the ship in lockdown.

Footfall is practically lawless, so as long as you can talk fast, nod, and wave your arms around like you own the place no one will know any better.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
So anyway, while navigator and the xenos duke it out, does anyone have any actual suggestions? I'm not familiar enough with the RT universe to suggest anything. I don't even know where we are. Is there like a station or a planet nearby that won't immidietly tell the navy 'o hay guess who came by'? Could we fly somewhere and say that we got attacked by something and our astropath is dead and tell them to send a message that we're continuing to footfall anyway? What is Footfall anyway? The core book says it's a station outside the imperial authority. If we go there, who would we report to anyway?

e:oh ok

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well I guess I'm up for footfall.

Dopethrone, how is this morality system going to work anyway? How many officers are there on the ship? Can we kill them and replace them with bought off ones? How many of the officers know the whole truth about the late captain?

Or is the point that we can't get rid of them and are stuck with the prospect of mutiny?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Let's go to Footfall and see what happens from there

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Footfall or Port Wander would probably work. There's also the Dark Eldar black market in the Nexus of Shadows.

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Sell the Navigator as a slave to some other pirates.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

KlavoHunter posted:

Sell the Navigator as a slave to some other pirates.

Hey, not a bad idea!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Kurnugia posted:

Hey, not a bad idea!

Hey, really bad idea! These guys are nobles on loan from a navigator house, who have more room to gently caress us over than the navy (and have extremely good connections within said navy, what we have already pissed off), so I say we return him to safety and say no harm, no foul.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

John Dyne posted:

Hey, really bad idea! These guys are nobles on loan from a navigator house, who have more room to gently caress us over than the navy (and have extremely good connections within said navy, what we have already pissed off), so I say we return him to safety and say no harm, no foul.

Oh it'll be fine, trust me :v:

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
I say we cut out his eye, shave it down to a thin lens and then convert it into a monocle, giving any one PC the ability to lidless stare as a free action and also see entrances to the eldar webway.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh no he didn't!! :nyd:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I'm not putting up with poo poo from a two-bit mercenary thug. And besides If you give a guy like that an inch he'll take a mile.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 23, 2014

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Are we going with the navigation rules from the core book or the Navis Primer?

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Looks like Casmir doesn't have FL (Horus Heresy). All the more pity for him. The Haunter taught an important lesson with Nostramo Quintus.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Are we going with the navigation rules from the core book or the Navis Primer?

The latter.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
:justpost:

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
I'm going to be spending all day Sunday getting drunk and watching horror movies and won't be able to post all day, so try not to have anything too universe-shattering happen while I'm out.

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Hachi machi, Ensign Katona's making me wish I wasn't a 9 foot tall chem-gelded metahuman!

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shadow Isaac posted:

Hachi machi, Ensign Katona's making me wish I wasn't a 9 foot tall chem-gelded metahuman!

Maybe Slaanesh will give you a spanking new dick if you sacrifice a few virgins to her it xer ???. like yourself :v:

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
So I know I add +6 to the profit factor for the ship, but I don't remember what we're at currently given other characters modifiers before I roll for acquisitions on footfall.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Shadow Isaac posted:

So I know I add +6 to the profit factor for the ship, but I don't remember what we're at currently given other characters modifiers before I roll for acquisitions on footfall.

Effective PF is 24, morale is thus 48.

Also since Kurnugia decided to call people fags as a joke (an excellent idea when you're in a game with a gay GM) he's banned from my games. gently caress that poo poo, I don't want to play with you anymore. The game will continue, I just need to find a replacement for him.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Going to submit a recaf-sexual Explorator to replace the archmilitant.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Submitting a void master.

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Can we keep Batty around as an NPC for when I need to murder someone to get a point across?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Shadow Isaac posted:

Can we keep Batty around as an NPC for when I need to murder someone to get a point across?

Sure, I'll NPC him and you can murder Batty at your slightest whim~

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp

Forums Terrorist posted:

Sure, I'll NPC him and you can murder Batty at your slightest whim~

I'll probably let it simmer for a while, don't have betrayer yet, but that +10 to infamy from killing an ally will be a much needed boost if I ever want to legacy weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Isaac
Nov 16, 2011

by Ralp
Is this thing paused until we get a new submission or what?

• Locked thread