Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

whatis posted:

centipedes legit scare me op

Here is a man with a healthy respect for the centipede. You are a fine person sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Millipedez also can get u high', if u r a lemur (just rub them all over!)

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Centipedes have tiny dicks. That's why they are unpopular.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Centipedes suck

I hope you run into a centipede in a dark alley and tell him just that you card

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Shai'haluuuuuuud

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

whatis posted:

yeah, they're the only animal that just really creeps me out

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
no man should fear an animal they can kill with a shoe.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

whatis posted:

Like the ones you will actually see, or the crazy giant tropical ones?

I live in the northeast in an old house with a damp basement, which is the perfect place for Scutigera coleoptrata, the house centipede. In the fall they move inside to get away from the cold, because they're originally from the Mediterranean and can't take the cold.

They are unnerving just because they move so goddamn fast, but like spiders you can learn to appreciate them. They're voracious predators that will eat far more other bugs than a spider. Lazy spiders just hang around in a corner, centipedes work for their meals.

If you see them inside all year round it means you need to clean your filthy house, you slob.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

no man should fear an animal they can kill with a shoe.

you can kill a human with a shoe, lol u can probably kill a bear with a shoe if the shoe smells good but is poisonous

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Morkyz posted:

you can kill a human with a shoe, lol u can probably kill a bear with a shoe if the shoe smells good but is poisonous

dog or bigger switch to a hammer.

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

I don't know what you're talking about. My neighbors are centipedes and they're tremendously fun and popular.

They are into swapping, and get THE best leaves around.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

dog or bigger switch to a hammer.

I'd use a hammer with an insect too tbh, don't want to have to clean that off my shoes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Morkyz posted:

I'd use a hammer with an insect too tbh, don't want to have to clean that off my shoes.

if you tie a hammer to a broom handle/long stick you can stand 3-4 feet from the critter you are killing good for snakes.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I use household cleaning sprays and make those fuckers suffer.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

you shouldn't kill centipedes because if you have centipedes in your house it means that they are saving you from smashing a bunch of ants and roaches and spiders and saving your house from termites and poo poo, because thats what they do. they are nature's little terminator robots from the future, sent back to provide you with pest control for free

like what kind of sissy loses their poo poo and starts throwing shoes around at the sight of the most beneficial bug that you want to have living in your home with you? man up

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gggiiimmmppp posted:

you shouldn't kill centipedes because if you have centipedes in your house it means that they are saving you from smashing a bunch of ants and roaches and spiders and saving your house from termites and poo poo

like what kind of sissy loses their poo poo and starts throwing shoes around at the sight of the most beneficial bug that you want to have living in your home with you? man up

all i have near me right now are rattle snakes and black widows those are what hammer sticks were made for.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i bet you kill non-poisonous snakes too

black snake on the driveway? better kill it because I want spiders and crickets and rats and poo poo!!

Zombear
Dec 4, 2007
Catchphrase!
Centipedes aren't scary. Except for that one made out of people, that one was legit hosed up.

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
why does no one want to be known as a centipedophile

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I don't like bugs but human centipedes can be cute

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Finally getting the sniper rifle and oneshotting these things at 1000 yards was such a sweet, sweet moment

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Centipedes' legs number anywhere from 30 to 382 but there has never been one found with exactly 100.
I know this bullshit but I can't remember where I put my passport. Way to prioritize, brain!

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Centipedes are weird little monsters.

But they are pretty cool.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Myrmomancer posted:

How do you say "go mine some vespine gas you douchebag" in zerg?

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Myrmomancer posted:

I love that lil guy.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
Prehistoric centipedes ruled even harder. For reference:

Scientists say that they were actually herbivorous. But they weren't some kinda stupid, multi-legged cow.

:black101:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Myrmomancer posted:

Prehistoric centipedes ruled even harder. For reference:

Scientists say that they were actually herbivorous. But they weren't some kinda stupid, multi-legged cow.

:black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRPzPjOR9lc (:nms: for poor mouse violence)

Seeing one of those mother fuckers must be terrifying as hell.

Myrmomancer
May 31, 2014
'Tis the season

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
There is a reason that this existed for years.

gently caress centipedes.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Not a centipede.
Not even an arthropod!

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Centipede killing a snake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFSFR2s7Ig

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Klyith posted:

Like the ones you will actually see, or the crazy giant tropical ones?

I live in the northeast in an old house with a damp basement, which is the perfect place for Scutigera coleoptrata, the house centipede. In the fall they move inside to get away from the cold, because they're originally from the Mediterranean and can't take the cold.

They are unnerving just because they move so goddamn fast, but like spiders you can learn to appreciate them. They're voracious predators that will eat far more other bugs than a spider. Lazy spiders just hang around in a corner, centipedes work for their meals.

If you see them inside all year round it means you need to clean your filthy house, you slob.

I also live in the northeast and get these from time to time. The worst part is when they get massively huge, then you turn around and they are on the wall at face level like 6 inches from you. And all you can do is scream like a pussy. The first time I saw one it had appeared directly under my desk and I dropped a camera lens on it, it just shrugged it off and ran into a crack at 60 mph.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Centipedes are fuckin' gay. not that theres anything wrong with that.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Millipedes are like tiny walking bug trains and way cooler than centipedes.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCdepGub0Jg

drat

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Gotta give it to them, though: that is hardcore.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Bluemillion posted:

No creature on this loving earth is radical enough to deserve two skeletons. Like, a million years later, some dude digs up the fossil and is like, "Whoa, I have discovered the raddest creature that ever did breath." and gets a science prize for that poo poo.

Turtles are the greatest animals.

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Your cat is very sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

32-bit Siren
Mar 21, 2009

I firmly disagree with Rebbie Jackson.

She may find the centipede to be hot, but I don't see it that way. To me, they're just terrifying.

Honestly, who sexualizes a centipede? What the hell is wrong with this woman?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8SdzwoIcwo

• Locked thread