Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Talk about your non-playoff team news here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The Yankees might move A-rod to 1st.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...ase-next-season

quote:

Alex Rodriguez will arrive at spring training with some new luggage -- a first base mitt.

New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi recently spoke to Rodriguez about picking up first base so he can be a backup to Mark Teixeira, according to general manager Brian Cashman.

Rodriguez, who will return next season from a one-year suspension, still is expected to primarily play third base and designated hitter.

Cashman also said he plans on having contingency plans at third in case Rodriguez -- who has had two hip surgeries -- can't stay on the field.

"I don't think it's safe to assume that he can play third base," Cashman said. "With his age and missing a full year, you have to have some perspective. This is a very difficult game. Alex is up for that challenge, but I think it's safer to assume that might not be something that he can handle the whole year."

In other NY baseball news, instead of spending money to get some legit power bats, the Mets are moving the walls in at CitiField yet again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/95738/burning-questions-why-move-walls-again

quote:

For the third time since Citi Field debuted in 2009, the Mets intend to reconfigure the dimensions to make the ballpark more hitter-friendly.

As the season concluded, Sandy Alderson acknowledged changes to the walls in center and right-center were “likely.” A team official reiterated to ESPNNewYork.com on Wednesday that those remodeling intentions remain, although construction is not yet underway and the official would not say the precise change in dimensions.

And never forget, the Wilpons are the worst owners in baseball and Bud Selig actively protects them.

http://thereadzone.com/2014/10/07/the-mets-are-on-the-verge-of-on-field-respectability-but-ownership-cannot-be-forgiven/

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 11, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

A true heir to Jeets.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

D Backs are hiring Chip Hale as their manager.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If he goes .250 and hits 15 he's had an amazing year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Dodgers have money and a smart guy running things. Ugh.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

quote:

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that Cuban second baseman Jose Fernandez has defected and is seeking a contract in MLB.
Ben Badler of Baseball America reported Tuesday that Fernandez had gone missing from his team, with defection a distinct possibility, so the mystery is now solved. One of the top players in Cuba, the 26-year-old batted .326/.482/.456 during the 2013-14 season with Matanzas. He figures to generate a lot of interest once he's cleared to sign with a team.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Harlock posted:

Matheny, when asked about not using Rosenthal in 9th: "We can't bring him in, in tie-game situation. We're on the road.”

In a literal win or go home situation dosent go to a good reliever because it's not a save situation. And this guy gets paid to make these decisions.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

quote:

The game lasted two hours and 28 minutes, making the average of "pitch-clock games" a swift two hours and 21 minutes.

Do they even have 2min TV breaks between innings in the AFL?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Chexoid posted:

Jose Reyes displaying the rare Seventh Tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zVS8XGCEk&t=106s

I loved it when his walk up music was his own verse in his own song.

The worst tragedy of the 2007-2009 Mets was that we never got a Lastings Milledge/Jose Reyes music collaboration.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 21, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

TL posted:

I was such a happy Mets fan in 2007. I was so excited for Lastings Milledge to get called up that I taped his debut, sure it'd be a memento I'd treasure for years and years. I'm the biggest idiot ever.

I dropped everything when the news broke he was getting called up and went to the loving game, think how I feel.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Midniter posted:

Sorry, that's bush league bullshit. Have some respect for the game. Shameful.

lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

leica posted:

Tilting windmills bro. What does that even mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Operation Band Box is in full swing.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Citi Field was poorly designed from the start. All's they had to do was keep Sheas outfield dimensions and everything would of been fine. But no, we need some crazy rear end angles and corners and overhands for no loving reason.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Ike loving Davis turned out better then Smoak. Think about that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Shouldn't it have been the dugout light

I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

October is over! Goodbye baseball!

• Locked thread