Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Pretty drat neat,people are excited. Will take pictures when it's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You should lead a crusade against it

This is a two stoplight town

Philadelphia
Sep 29, 2014
I'm tired of my tax money being wasted on pointless stoplights.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Philadelphia posted:

It's just another drat stoplight to nowhere.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Philadelphia posted:

This is bullshit we've gone all this time without it

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

mookface posted:

This is how it starts then next thing you know all the yuppies are moving there to get away from places that are even shittier

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

mookface posted:

I don't mind it but I will be voting no next month when the elections come up to be wet or not, we have been dry for ever and I plan to keep it that way.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Darth Freddy posted:

I don't mind it but I will be voting no next month when the elections come up to be wet or not, we have been dry for ever and I plan to keep it that way.

Hey, with that third stop light you can afford to be a little wet now. Any more and you're screwed though.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

It really would be just "a little wet" just beer no wine or liquor

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
"After nearly 30 minutes of debate among residents, the Village Board voted 6-0 on Dec. 6 to approve the stop signs, despite complaints from a handful of residents that the signs are ugly and unnecessary at the quiet corner."

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Freddy posted:

It really would be just "a little wet" just beer no wine or liquor

Thats anti papist you need a knights of Columbus stop light league

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I have 10 traffic lights on my way to work

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Also,

"The debate over the Central Avenue stoplight devolved into a shouting match between one of two advocates to remove the light and a former councilman during Tuesday’s Town Council meeting and in the hallway following the meeting."

Don't mess with signs and lights.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Do you have a Dairy Queen?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Great, more gentrification. :rolleyes:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
It's good to see Detroit is finally improving itself a little bit.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Darth Freddy posted:

Anyone who would vote to keep any place dry is dead to me.

DEAD TO ME!!!!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

whoflungpoop posted:

Do you have a Dairy Queen?

Yes but it's being remodeled.

Four gun stores, two of them are the two hard ware stores one is a also a mechanics shop the other is a farmer.
Two grocery stores
Walmart not a super one
Roughly a dozen churches
The post office is for the entire county
Four gas stations

And of course I want it to stay dry the second a town goes wet it gets more run down more dwis and more alcoholics and they are bad enough as it is. I love my beer but what's so hard about driving 40 miles to get it

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 11, 2014

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Darth Freddy posted:

Four gun stores, two of them are the two hard ware stores one is a also a mechanics shop the other is a farmer.
Two grocery stores
Walmart not a super one
Roughly a dozen churches
Four gas stations

And of course I want it to stay dry the second a town goes wet it gets more run down more dwis and more alcoholics and they are bad enough as it is. I love my beer but what's so hard about driving 40 miles to get it

The driving 40 miles to get it thing.

How many people are in this town by the way?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Darth Freddy posted:

Four gun stores [...] Two grocery stores [...] Roughly a dozen churches

i love america

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Stoplights are like nature's stop signs

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

troubled teen posted:

The driving 40 miles to get it thing.

How many people are in this town by the way?

As of the last census right over 6 thousand

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Darth Freddy posted:

This is the kind of thing that only somebody living in a dry town would think.

The rest of the country manages to exist without being completely crippled by alcoholism and having its roads choked with piles of DWI related accidents and burning corpses, so why would your little poo poo burg be any different? Oh, because it's in the protestant south, right.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Darth Freddy posted:

As of the last census right over 6 thousand

That's a big town!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Biggest one in the county

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Darth Freddy posted:

How many people in the county total?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Darth Freddy posted:

Two grocery stores
Walmart not a super one
Roughly a dozen churches
Four gas stations

any good country diners

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

or is this like the midwest and you live solely on cheese

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
op, do you have any aspirations to move to someplace better? like, see the world, experience life, be among art and culture and the like?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BLARGHLE posted:

The rest of the country manages to exist without being completely crippled by alcoholism and having its roads choked with piles of DWI related accidents and burning corpses, so why would your little poo poo burg be any different? Oh, because it's in the protestant south, right.

Most protestants are religious because they have no self control and need the fear of God to keep them from raping and killing everything in sight, hence why their county must remain dry

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Dead Precedents posted:

How many people in the county total?

17,526 last count

For country dinners we have a few. Just a bite, cheryls and southern rose. two amazing Mexican food places but if you don't speak Spanish you have to order off of the picture menu. Handful of places owned by Mennonites good food but not a lot of spice to it.

As for fast food we just got a domino's but we also have sonic, Mc Donalds, pizza Hut and of course the dairy queen

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

op, do you have any aspirations to move to someplace better? like, see the world, experience life, be among art and culture and the like?

Move? No I honestly like it here my fiancé's family is all here, good work in the oil field, really decent people.

Travel and experience things? Hell yes there's tons of places I want to go and do. My parents were all in the service so at the very least I want to go back and see the things I did as a kid but now as an adult so that I can experience it better.

Also not protestant most of the town is largely Hispanic so very catholic and the rest are Mennonites, there's a few more types of course.

As for me I guess I'm agnostic?

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 11, 2014

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
OP is this you????

http://www.somethingawful.com/fakesa/stoplight/

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
west texas worst texas

your town looks like one giant trailer park

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Meu nome é Ronaldo "Robinho" Ronaldinho

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Darth Freddy posted:

My town has one store (The General Store) and it's stocked front to back with beer and liquor. They know what's up.

No traffic lights either, obviously. No cops as well.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

XMNN posted:

west texas worst texas

your town looks like one giant trailer park

Trailer parks are such bullshit, they should all be paved over and replaced with section 8 style housing. If it's good enough for black people it's good enough for "The greatest champions of the white race"

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
OP, do you know who lives here? Are they considered to be the town weirdos? I know how much small town folk hate deviations from tradition and expressions of individuality and all...

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Every thing in that picture is to green to be part of my area. drat drought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Lucky bastard, we don't have a walmart. Just a single grocery store that imposes a harsh monopoly on food in town and jacks up the prices just enough to make some extra money, but not enough to make everyone do their shopping at the larger town 30 minutes away.

• Locked thread