Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm okay with you guys mixing up the clothes and colours, but if you give Zael a top or take Dagran out of his armour I'm done with this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Yurick should always have his turtleneck. It could be a desert level and he'd still be happily wearing his turtleneck sweater (and thanking the dark lord he sacrificed his eye to that it's not ghosts).

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I don't care what colors or costumes as long as we keep the chocobo/pikachu armor for the party members who are obviously going to betray us.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
You need to scour the battlefields for the armor that will give you the biggest knee pads when you remove the rest of it. For safety.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I forgot butt colored pants Zael was even a thing for as long as it was. Man this LP sure went some places last year.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

That was pretty much my sweet cinnamon pringles experience, they're very weird but not quite enough to not actually eat them. At least, some of them.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that dude's got waiting outside Zael's door down to an art form.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If you can save these outifts and come back later then fiddling with them is a-okay.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
Episode 48: The Brave Knights of Lazulis (YouTube)

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 48a: Some Light Reading (V)

BONUS VIDEO (:siren:FEATURES READING TEXT THAT IS ON THE SCREEN OUT LOUD, SO I GUESS IF THAT OFFENDS YOU FOR SOME REASON THEN DON'T WATCH IT:siren:): (youtube)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Welp, Thesus or whatever is dead. Gee, maybe you should've thought about warning him Zael, since you now know who did the framing so he doesn't trust Dagran you buttbrain. :butt:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
This LP resuming has prompted me to try and finish the game. I surely must be at the final boss by now, but who knows. The final(?) boss is certainly kicking my butt.

There is a possible advantage to switching attack to manual instead of automatic. Certain enemies/bosses will automatically counter after an attack, which can hurt a LOT and knock you down.

wateyad posted:

Episode 48: The Brave Knights of Lazulis (YouTube)

I do appreciate that Zael was at least smart enough to realize that Dagran framed Jirall. I can't really blame Zael for doing nothing about it though - Jirall's more than earned a place in the dungeon.

Zael's blind spot when it comes to Dagran is understandable. Dagran is Zael's oldest friend, and besides, has no clear motive for wanting Asthar dead. Also, him framing Jirall doesn't necessarily mean he is the one who killed Asthar.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 27, 2014

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Is it just me, or does the arena music sound just a little bit similar to Festival of the Hunt? :psyduck:

Pork Lift's armour choices still make this game impossible to take seriously. :allears:

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 28, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah yeah! It's close. The backing tune is almost exactly the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE6fQfxuFnM

But considering they're both composed by Uematsu it may be a given.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Zael using gale is the perfect Gurak attack, Jeffery.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I think the candy you guys are trying to imagine is taffy, because Zael's sword looks exactly like a length of lime- or apple-flavored taffy.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I half expected him to sit down and take a bite out of it at some point.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I think the candy you guys are trying to imagine is taffy, because Zael's sword looks exactly like a length of lime- or apple-flavored taffy.

Yes, it's absolutely like a piece of laffy taffy or an airhead.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

I still can't believe I haven't called it the Buttser sword onscreen. AFTER ALL THIS TIME.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 48b: Cats Don't Exist (YouTube)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I would not want to run into Zael in a dark alley at night. His weapon is clearly a wooden paddle and not a sword.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That new sword looks like a river stone with a poo poo Nazca line carved on it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I finished the game last week. Pretty good, although I needed to use the Summoning Circles for the first time in the game, because being 5 levels below the boss was a recipe for frustration.

Someone in the TVIV mentioned the Snuff Box song you mentioned in the video, so here it is for the curious.

I checked out the Tower of Trials after seeing that alleged quest hook too, but I'm pretty sure that it's just that you can re-run the Tower of Trials again (the magic is that Asthar's voice is still there (and maybe his boss fight too), even if he is dead).

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 49: Captain McChuckles Gets His (YouTube)

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Finally caught up with this LP.

It is good and you guys are funny. Thanks for bringing it back.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
The invasion is built up and set up to be a big climactic battle, and what you get is... that. It's not subtle, but it is effective, so I think the sequence works.

In my playthrough, I did take the items, thinking that you might get the chance to give them back. You don't, and the game makes you feel like a dick again.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I like how they begin the assault by ramming the coastal defenses.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm wondering how the Lazulites thought they were in any way performing a surprise attack. They're an island with a city on the front! It isn't exactly hard to see that coming. Plus they got Gurak Attacked while en route, the Gurak already know they're coming.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Kibayasu posted:

I'm wondering how the Lazulites thought they were in any way performing a surprise attack. They're an island with a city on the front! It isn't exactly hard to see that coming. Plus they got Gurak Attacked while en route, the Gurak already know they're coming.
They are morons.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Syrenne proving once again she is the best character. I have no idea what she meant by a wobbly though, for once this game is too British for me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A tantrum.

When it faded to red I thought it was going to fade back in to a load of dead knights and Syrenne applauding.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

Momomo posted:

Syrenne proving once again she is the best character. I have no idea what she meant by a wobbly though, for once this game is too British for me.

A wobbly is a tantrum. Her choice of words was a sarcastic understatement.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

One more from the Japanese naming files - Captain McChuckles is called Baron Huge, according to the party listing. Everyone still calls him captain, so, I guess that's his actual name. Also, he goes 'nyahahaha' (also nobody uploads good quality Japanese videos of this game)

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Can't wait for the WiiU exclusive Captain McChuckles: Treasure Pillager and war criminal !

You will never feel the same stomping goombas again

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Have we officially gotten to content wateyad hasn't seen? He's been acting clueless the whole time, but now it doesn't seem like he knows at all.

Polsy posted:

One more from the Japanese naming files - Captain McChuckles is called Baron Huge, according to the party listing. Everyone still calls him captain, so, I guess that's his actual name. Also, he goes 'nyahahaha' (also nobody uploads good quality Japanese videos of this game)

That's really odd, considering the whole Project Rainfall thing. I figured they'd be all over the place. The game seems less charming in Japanese anyway though, I can't imagine it without the English voices we got. I really want more British dubs.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

Momomo posted:

Have we officially gotten to content wateyad hasn't seen? He's been acting clueless the whole time, but now it doesn't seem like he knows at all.

This video was the first bit of critical path I hadn't seen before this LP.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Syrenne has just solidified her position as the best goddamn character.

Sorry, Lowell's hand puppet theater. You've been replaced.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Shei-kun posted:

Syrenne has just solidified her position as the best goddamn character.

Sorry, Lowell's hand puppet theater. You've been replaced.

Syrenne is also super atypical for a female party member in a japaneese rpg, and is super refreshing. Like she was written as a different character, maybe the 'adorable younger brash boy'. Then changed age, sexes and given alcoholisim.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Why do you guys still have Calista's clothes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Suspect Bucket posted:

Syrenne is also super atypical for a female party member in a japaneese rpg, and is super refreshing. Like she was written as a different character, maybe the 'adorable younger brash boy'. Then changed age, sexes and given alcoholisim.

I don't really think so. I feel like the brash "one of the guys" type character is fairly common, the alcoholism is definitely a new and welcome addition to the formula though.

• Locked thread