Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, here I was thinking that the Gurak counter-invaded the island by going through the water or something. But I guess if they just went home with no further questions that didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Great Joe posted:

Why do you guys still have Calista's clothes?

Apples made Wateyad promise to keep the ballgown for Syrenne.

Is Syrenne the best female character in any JRPG?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Alright, then why do you guys have all those weapons and (non-calista) clothes you'll never ever use?

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Great Joe posted:

Alright, then why do you guys have all those weapons and (non-calista) clothes you'll never ever use?

Because JRPGs have taught me never to get rid of anything.

Episode 50: Self Doubt (YouTube)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pork Lift, stop telling children to take their shirts off.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The sun causing skin cancer is just a theory. Teach the controversy.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
Please quote Hot Fuzz at least once per episode this is important it is for the greater good.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

GirlCalledBob posted:

Please quote Hot Fuzz at least once per episode this is important it is for the greater good.
The greater good.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Dagran isn't Big Bird, he is what happens when a chestburster inseminates Big Bird.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I still like Pork Lift's off-the-cuff, "Hello, I'm a mountain, how are you?". Also I think those slightly-wider lines on the front of the helmet are supposed to be eye-holes.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's going to be really confusing when we get an FMV of Dagran's inevitable betrayal and actually see his face again.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It's going to be really confusing when we get an FMV of Dagran's inevitable betrayal and actually see his face again.

I doubt that'll happen. All of the FMV with PCs in it has been flashbacks and I think it's going to stay that way.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

So when he betrays us, it will be as Big Bird

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You guys have so little faith in the power of Frownship.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 51: Zael Kicks a Wall (YouTube)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Someday, you'll look back at this update and laugh.

Wow, Callista went from level 23 to 37 after three fights. This game really does help scale up your long-disused characters pretty well.

Oh, uh, and if there's anything at all you want to do in town, like make sure you have 99 Wizard Killer arrows, you might want to do it right now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Could you grind at that spot forever?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Probably? Although I don't see why you would.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So wait, the big reveal was just that this game was Chrono Trigger with the colour palette of Gears of War?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Probably? Although I don't see why you would.

There is really no point in grinding at that spot. The game is generous enough with XP that you normally level up every three fights (if not more). At a certain point the XP you get will drop off to make it even less worthwhile, though.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Only Lavos is split in half this time.

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH
I was expecting the episode title to be a metaphor. I guess I have unrealistic expectations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I just want you guys to know how much I enjoy these videos and how glad i am that you are back.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Huh, I was totally expecting Therius to die holding off those laser eyeballs.
Although now that he has apologised for not being nice about mercenaries he is almost certainly going to die at some point soon. Probably because of Dagran.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, Therius is likable now; I found myself wanting him to join the party on a permanent basis when Dagran inevitably betrays us. It's not really a good sign!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hes going to be there to fill in for dagran and hell wear the big bird suit and teach us about the letter T.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I still have a hard time telling Jarell and Theruis apart.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Jirall wears mostly drab colors and has long, more brown tinted hair. Therious is pretty much entirely white and has shorter hair. Also he is currently not in prison.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
Basically Therius is about three times more fabulous (though not quite as much as Ham Heft Zael) and his balls have dropped further than anyone else in the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Therius is the good guy who looks like an anime bad guy, and Jirall is the bad guy who looks like an anime bad guy. It's not that hard to tell them apart.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So why did child Zael see his village ravaged by the kingdom's knights and think "This is exactly what I should dedicate my life to being"?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Momomo posted:

So why did child Zael see his village ravaged by the kingdom's knights and think "This is exactly what I should dedicate my life to being"?

I think he saw his village ravaged by bandits/invaders, not knights. That's what I took away from it, anyway.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

So this is kind of weird, but during the singing bit I started humming "Melodies of Life" at the exact same time as Pork Lift.

Buried alive posted:

I think he saw his village ravaged by bandits/invaders, not knights. That's what I took away from it, anyway.

Yeah, the flashbacks were him realizing that invading knights were no better than bandits.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I have an incredibly desire to see Zael kicking all his problems like that wall.

I also love Calista's reaction to his first kick. "That's my house!"

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Shei-kun posted:

I have an incredibly desire to see Zael kicking all his problems like that wall.

I also love Calista's reaction to his first kick. "That's my house!"
It's one of my favourite lines from this game, so far. This game just oozes charm. :allears:

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 52: The Morning of the Big Day (YouTube)

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 52a: Some Light Reading (VI)

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I don't think I've ever noticed that stack of treasure. That's great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is this the least productive episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

Rodyle posted:

Is this the least productive episode?

If it is then only because 44 was one heavily edited episode and not two to three really boring ones.

• Locked thread