Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Royals have forsaken the bunt for the bloop it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

"they're too young, they can't grow a beard."

idiots.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Infante is worthless.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

"they're too young, they can't grow a beard."

idiots.

That was so groan inducing...

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
These announcers need to shut up. It's like listening to dad jokes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
And the broadcast broke! Thanks TBS!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
The one thing I will grant this TBS broadcast is that they provide Spanish audio without having to subscribe to an entirely different channel unlike FOX

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

L-Boned posted:

These announcers need to shut up. It's like listening to dad jokes.

Dad jokes are an important part of baseball broadcasts.

Which makes it impressive how bad these guys are.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Why the gently caress do the Orioles fans sing a song by a guy who's a Tigers fan? What's the connection to Baltimore?

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

I'm half expecting TBS to just stop broadcasting altogether sometime today. It's really the only way to top how poorly their broadcasting has been so far this playoffs.

Some Numbers posted:

And the broadcast broke! Thanks TBS!

It didn't on my end, but I called that

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh, is it just me? Great. TBS and only TBS has gone black for me.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
What's your cable provider? TBS and TNT often go out for me on Comcast

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

What's your cable provider? TBS and TNT often go out for me on Comcast

Ding ding ding

Edit: Okay, the game's back.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 11, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I came hear to forget about that game Ernie you goddamned gently caress. On the bright side I feel good about the Royals offense for the first time in forever.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
That awful Seven Nation Army chant was stuck in my head all night :smithicide:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ventura's having some issues.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Marvin Freeman posted:

That awful Seven Nation Army chant was stuck in my head all night :smithicide:

it is incredibly obnoxious.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

it is incredibly obnoxious.

lets spend all of this thread talking about it too

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

It does rival The Chop in how annoying it is.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Come on Yordano.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Ventura throwing everywhere except the strike zone, pitch tracker looks like a shotgun blast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alternately get Duffy or whoever up right now in the pen.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Command is gone

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Asema posted:

lets spend all of this thread talking about it too

Well it's either this or talk about how terrible TBS is that will most likely be the common theme

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Exodor posted:

Why the gently caress do the Orioles fans sing a song by a guy who's a Tigers fan? What's the connection to Baltimore?

The letter O.

I'm okay with it, the players seem to dig it. It's overdone, sure, but I bet it sounds good as hell on the field. I have a feeling it'll be here to stay, so everybody complaining about it better :getin:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Well it's either this or talk about how terrible TBS is that will most likely be the common theme

i'm way down for making GBS threads on TBS

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
:munch: interesting so far

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

loud out

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

explosivo posted:

The letter O.

I'm okay with it, the players seem to dig it. It's overdone, sure, but I bet it sounds good as hell on the field. I have a feeling it'll be here to stay, so everybody complaining about it better :getin:

For a few more games.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Alternately get Duffy or whoever up right now in the pen.

So I'm guessing he's just going to be a long reliever if the starter can't make it through like the 3rd inning?

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

All those baserunners and yet no hits for the O's. :v:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Krigen posted:

All those baserunners and yet no hits for the O's. :v:

Somewhere Beane is smiling and he doesn't know why

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This is going to be the best no-hitter ever.

Other than this one

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what is a 'shutdown inning'? it sounds like it would be impossible to have anything other than a 0.00 era in a 'shutdown' inning but i guess not...

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Abel Wingnut posted:

what is a 'shutdown inning'? it sounds like it would be impossible to have anything other than a 0.00 era in a 'shutdown' inning but i guess not...

Inning after your team scores, I think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fknlo posted:

So I'm guessing he's just going to be a long reliever if the starter can't make it through like the 3rd inning?

I never heard what they're actually planning, using him if they need him in the first few games or using him as the fourth starter was the idea I liked the best.

Which probably means it's out of the question.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Abel Wingnut posted:

Wikipedia posted:

In baseball or kickball, a shutdown inning occurs when a team follows a half-inning in which they scored at least one run with a half-inning in which they allowed no runs. A shutdown inning is a statistic recorded for pitchers. Pitchers want to throw as many shutdown innings as possible, while opposing teams attempt to minimize allowing shutdown innings themselves; this is true because pitchers never want to give up runs, and opposing teams always want to score runs, regardless of what happened the previous half inning.

I'm also confused because it would seem like if they gave up a run it wouldn't be "shutdown," unless TBS means in "shutdown inning possibilities"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
drat, nice catch.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut the gently caress up TBS shut the gently caress up shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That was a great catch.

• Locked thread