Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

anne frank fanfic posted:

gently caress navy

you just pissed off the sexiest dude in the Village People, I hope you're happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Travelocity Gnome ‏@RoamingGnome

If I were a couch in Morgantown, I'd be booking a plane ticket out of there right now. #BAYvsWVU

P Much Summary of WVU v Baylor

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Travelocity Gnome ‏@RoamingGnome

If I were a couch in Morgantown, I'd be booking a plane ticket out of there right now. #BAYvsWVU

P Much Summary of WVU v Baylor

Congratulations on winning the Worst Game Ever Played.

Not really, but in all seriousness: drat that was ugly. WVU gets both its CBs hurt, we lose our starting right tackle after losing the right guard to TCU, 3 turnovers only leading to a 10 point swing, hundreds of yards of penalties of varying degrees of veracity going up and down the field, linemen throwing punches at each other, maybe the worst day I've ever seen from Bryce Petty, receivers dropping their balls like pubescent schoolboys...yuck. Got hard to watch.

Good win for WVU though. Still like the 'eers.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 18, 2014

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Spiritus Nox posted:

receivers dropping balls like a pubescent schoolboy

your balls drop in utero :eng101:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zoran posted:

your balls drop in utero :eng101:

:eng99:

Must the hits just keep coming?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Congratulations on winning the Worst Game Ever Played.

Not really, but in all seriousness: drat that was ugly. WVU gets both its CBs hurt, we lose our starting right tackle after losing the right guard to TCU, 3 turnovers only leading to a 10 point swing, hundreds of yards of penalties of varying degrees of veracity going up and down the field, linemen throwing punches at each other, maybe the worst day I've ever seen from Bryce Petty, receivers dropping their balls like pubescent schoolboys...yuck. Got hard to watch.

Good win for WVU though. Still like the 'eers.

reminded me of rg3's loss at A&M during his heisman year. So many drops.

Baylor is so bad away. Also the refs were pretty terrible, Baylor had some bad ones but there was the TD called a stop until review, and then the targeting called until review, and then the play that couldn't be reviewed getting reviewed and giving WVU points, even though you couldn't review the fact they reviewed a nonreviewable play becuase thats nonreviewable. Also every single drive had several flags vs Baylor on it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor is so bad away.

We really are, and I don't get it. Before this year, I'd scoffed at this sort of thing as sort of magical thinking combined with, in the past four years, Baylor either being an incredibly flawed team to begin with (2011/2012) or getting banged up right as it got to the tough road games (2013), but this year...I mean, we've had some lingering injury troubles all year, but the only one I worry could really transform this team (Baker getting his ACL torn) didn't happen until the end of this game. Something about our playcalling just isn't the same on the road - look at Briles punting inside WVU territory on like our second-to-last drive of the game when we're down 14. That poo poo doesn't happen at home. But other things - the drops, Bryce forgetting that he's still a pretty good QB, etc - just can't be explained that way. I just don't get it.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

We really are, and I don't get it. Before this year, I'd scoffed at this sort of thing as sort of magical thinking combined with, in the past four years, Baylor either being an incredibly flawed team to begin with (2011/2012) or getting banged up right as it got to the tough road games (2013), but this year...I mean, we've had some lingering injury troubles all year, but the only one I worry could really transform this team (Baker getting his ACL torn) didn't happen until the end of this game. Something about our playcalling just isn't the same on the road - look at Briles punting inside WVU territory on like our second-to-last drive of the game when we're down 14. That poo poo doesn't happen at home. But other things - the drops, Bryce forgetting that he's still a pretty good QB, etc - just can't be explained that way. I just don't get it.

That punt was when I knew we lost - he did the same thing vs WVU 2 years ago when both sides were scoring every possession, he kept punting on like 4th and 5 midfield.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That punt was when I knew we lost - he did the same thing vs WVU 2 years ago when both sides were scoring every possession, he kept punting on like 4th and 5 midfield.

Also - why the gently caress did we run the option? Like twice?!? We did it versus OSU last year too, and every time we did it it was really obvious and didn't amount to a drat thing and it was really awkward because good loving God since when are we an option team? :psyduck:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
There were bad calls everywhere, tbh. You all also got three, three turn overs from us.

I am now celebrating in the gayest fashion possible:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
i hope wvu gets ranked top 15 BEFORE they look at the loss to baylor and decide to drop us to unranked...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You're gonna have to lose to Kansas to get unranked fast. Past that you've got to lose to at least OU and OSU, and you might even need a loss to Texas Tech after that if the games are close.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i hope wvu gets ranked top 15 BEFORE they look at the loss to baylor and decide to drop us to unranked...

we've hung with bama and okie, i don't think anyone will judge you too hard

morgantown is hard place to play + it was just our day

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There were bad calls everywhere, tbh. You all also got three, three turn overs from us.

Yeah, I know. 'Up and down the field' was meant to say both teams got plenty of :flag:s, sorry that wasn't clear. I totally agree, WVU outplayed us today.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So I had to leave home for about an hour and WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED IN TUSCALOOSA?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

So I had to leave home for about an hour and WHAT THE gently caress HAPPENED IN TUSCALOOSA?

Something bloody.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I know. 'Up and down the field' was meant to say both teams got plenty of :flag:s, sorry that wasn't clear. I totally agree, WVU outplayed us today.

I can't say enough about the work Tony Gibson has done on defense. We lost both starting corners and had came in with a plan to run 4 DB's and held you guys to 223 yards in the air. Like, I struggle to thing of a better job against what is, imo, one of the best offenses in the country. And 62 of that came on the play we lose Chestnut on.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spiritus Nox posted:

Something bloody.
Did Alabama really get 440 yards of offense in the first half :stare:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Did Alabama really get 440 yards of offense in the first half :stare:

Saban sacrificed a number of virgins and promised Lane's next born child to the gods.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

:stare:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

one of the best offenses in the country.

Psh, not today we weren't, I'll have to keep that. Maybe not again this season. Lost our RG and right tackle, and O-line was thin to begin with. Combine that with knowing that Bryce hasn't been handling pressure well and Baylor's system only, only, only ever works if we can run the ball well (guess what we didn't do today!), and I...don't feel amazing right now. Still, we've got a bye-week and KU to rebuild the O-line on, so...who knows.

You did play well on D, though, even if I don't think we had a good day - don't mean to take that away.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Crazy Ted posted:

Aggy hype has been running off beating up a really lovely USCe

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Psh, not today we weren't, I'll have to keep that. Maybe not again this season. Lost our RG and right tackle, and O-line was thin to begin with. Combine that with knowing that Bryce hasn't been handling pressure well and Baylor's system only, only, only ever works if we can run the ball well (guess what we didn't do today!), and I...don't feel amazing right now. Still, we've got a bye-week and KU to rebuild the O-line on, so...who knows.

You did play well on D, though, even if I don't think we had a good day - don't mean to take that away.

Given how bad we were just a year ago,

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Given how bad we were just a year ago,

Fair enough.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
We need Baylor and Kansas State to win out, WVU to stumble once, and then Baylor vs KState will be de facto championship game last week of season, somehow allowing the Big 12 to always have a championship game since going round robin.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
The game that WVU stumbles on? Texas. anne frank fanfic rules

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Ohio State moving on up to top 10.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Anyone know where I can find the Alabama vs A&M replay? I have espn360 but can't find it anywhere on there, not seeing it on xfinity on demand either. Was it on CBS and that's causing problems?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Anyone know where I can find the Alabama vs A&M replay? I have espn360 but can't find it anywhere on there, not seeing it on xfinity on demand either. Was it on CBS and that's causing problems?

They have to censor it first.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The game that WVU stumbles on? Texas. anne frank fanfic rules

lol if you think we're going to win out

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

let it all burn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Week Aftermath Titles (Tentative):

An Aggie, hosed
Death of Kenny in Bryant Denny
Swag-Hawk Down
Oh My God Pawl, They Killed Kenny

• Locked thread