Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Chump Farts posted:

i googled blue waffles

wow

You shouldn't have done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress football and its stupid egg-shaped ball and its lack of using feet and its loving "student-athletes" and its endless corruption and its sexual assaults and its conference pride and its 114-year rivalries and its marching bands with stupid uniforms and its $8 12 oz. beers if you can even get a beer and its fans of teams that didn't even go to that college and its pointless noon games and its outrageous second-hand ticket market and its continued justification of the employment of Mark May and its bad referees.

But most of all, gently caress the Oklahoma Sooners.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Meanwhile, the ACC Coastal is The Worst Division.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress football and its stupid egg-shaped ball and its lack of using feet and its loving "student-athletes" and its endless corruption and its sexual assaults and its conference pride and its 114-year rivalries and its marching bands with stupid uniforms and its $8 12 oz. beers if you can even get a beer and its fans of teams that didn't even go to that college and its pointless noon games and its outrageous second-hand ticket market and its continued justification of the employment of Mark May and its bad referees.

But most of all, gently caress the Oklahoma Sooners.

You lost by one possession. Considering how Texas has been doing, that's not too bad. But maybe it was worse than the box score looked.

Mizzou went scoreless against a Gurley-less team, and that's enough to make me proclaim football good for the weekend.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Meanwhile, the entire Big Ten is The Worst Division.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So that TCU/Baylor game was exciting and terrifying and horrible and amazing and...and...

...and my Folks and I left after the pick six to start the fourth quarter. :negative:

Shower me with your scorn. I did wrong.

...Baylor bitch.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

You lost by one possession. Considering how Texas has been doing, that's not too bad. But maybe it was worse than the box score looked.

Mizzou went scoreless against a Gurley-less team, and that's enough to make me proclaim football good for the weekend.

Also, gently caress moral victories. Gonna go 2-10 with 7 moral victories. Woo!

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
TCU was loud and dumb and sucked but Baylor got loud at the end and it owned, Baylor, Bitch. I blame me for the victory. Anne frank fanfic rules! Beat West Virginia and the dream is alive.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Also, gently caress moral victories. Gonna go 2-10 with 7 moral victories. Woo!

Your coach is good. Please don't turn on him because Charlie Strong is cool.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

So that TCU/Baylor game was exciting and terrifying and horrible and amazing and...and...

...and my Folks and I left after the pick six to start the fourth quarter. :negative:

Shower me with your scorn. I did wrong.

...Baylor bitch.

YOU DUMB gently caress I felt the crowd almost give up after that and some FAT gently caress BITCH in front of me left but I ascended to the heavens and led the crowd to cheer after cheer and we won F U Baylor, Bitch.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

anne frank fanfic posted:

YOU DUMB gently caress I felt the crowd almost give up after that and some FAT gently caress BITCH in front of me left but I ascended to the heavens and led the crowd to cheer after cheer and we won F U Baylor, Bitch.

I know....I know...:negative:

I got back to my place in time to watch the last few series in the lobby with some friends, at least, and we were screaming and dancing and it wasn't a total loss

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Anne frank fanfic rules!

I agree.

:stonk:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I got back to my place in time to watch the last few series in the lobby with some friends, at least, and we were screaming and dancing and it wasn't a total loss

After being a fan of texas teams for so long you have to know to stay til the end cause you'll either choke away a huge lead (Oilers) or come back and win (Rockets 13 in 33)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Your coach is good. Please don't turn on him because Charlie Strong is cool.

Nah, Strong's alright. I do worry though that he's gonna turn into a Muschamp who talks a lot about discipline and accountability when it comes to the kids and then can't field a disciplined team to save his life. We sure had a lot of problems just lining up the offense today for a team that's always talking about discipline and mental fortitude.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

To contrast, I still remember during the Turner Gill years slamming down a dorm lobby couch pillow after KU completely hosed up against Texas Tech in rage. Yes, I am an absolute child about sports.

Also, apparently I was the only one in college trolled into looking at blue waffle by my friends, judging by this thread.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 12, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Chump Farts posted:

i googled blue waffles

wow
Times like this when people explicitly tell me not to google something but I'm still curious about it are when I'm happy I have urbandictionary bookmarked. Hey urbandictionary what's blue waffles? Oh, it's something loving disgusting, and you'll be kind enough to give me a description without forcing me to actually see the disgusting thing? Thanks now I'm not curious anymore

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
What are the chances WVU is ranked for next week? I think they should be.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
You people have no willpower.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

purdue shat on us by magnitudes more than ameer abdullah

i dont know what things are, anymore

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Nah, Strong's alright. I do worry though that he's gonna turn into a Muschamp who talks a lot about discipline and accountability when it comes to the kids and then can't field a disciplined team to save his life. We sure had a lot of problems just lining up the offense today for a team that's always talking about discipline and mental fortitude.

I'll take discipline for those 500 Baylor penalties this game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

To contrast, I still remember during the Turner Gill years slamming down a dorm lobby couch pillow after KU completely hosed up against Texas Tech in rage. Yes, I am an absolute child about sports.

I feel that.

Suffice to say my older sister got kind of tired of sitting with me.

Zoran posted:

You people have no willpower.

No. No I do not. Oh, me of little faith...

What are the chances WVU is ranked for next week? I think they should be.

They probably crack the top 25 - although they haven't exactly looked to be playing their best ball against KU and TTU.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
I know why nox isn't getting laid, its cause he left the football match early. Although I thought it was funny when Baylor fans rushed the field when we were ranked higher, they're still just not to used to winning.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I am convinced that James Franklin is a stupid individual.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Although I thought it was funny when Baylor fans rushed the field when we were ranked higher, they're still just not to used to winning.

Nah. Coming back 21 points over a hated rival that's in the top ten + fun = plenty of reason to break in the new turf.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo

Emron posted:

You shouldn't have done that.

Yes I shouldn't have.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I feel that.

Suffice to say my older sister got kind of tired of sitting with me.

Oh, the worst was being visited by my grandparents and great-grandmother in college, being in a hotel room with them in KC, listening to a static-y radio broadcast of KU collapsing against Colorado, the beginning of the end of good KU since that's the game where Reesing got his injury that no one talked about for the rest of the season, and I had to completely taper it down for my elderly relatives. That suuuucked.

Anyway, I've probably told that story before.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah. Coming back 21 points over a hated rival that's in the top ten + fun = plenty of reason to break in the new turf.

Unfortunately, you disqualified yourself in this argument.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I love when his programming goes haywire

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Pakled posted:

Meanwhile, the ACC Coastal is The Worst Division.

1) SEC West
2) everybody else
last) ACC Coastal

BTW, who's leading the ACC Coastal right now? That's right :getin:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zoran posted:

Unfortunately, you disqualified yourself in this argument.

:negative:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

KKKLIP ART posted:

I love when his programming goes haywire

Yeah, I never get tired of watching Saban lose his poo poo.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

the funniest part of this sports lesson is youre going to stay for every game ever now for the rest of your life and you'll probably never see as good a comeback, or if youre lucky, you might see one more in your entire life lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

the funniest part of this sports lesson is youre going to stay for every game ever now for the rest of your life and you'll probably never see as good a comeback, or if youre lucky, you might see one more in your entire life lol

But, on the other hand, gently caress The Frogs.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

But, on the other hand, gently caress The Frogs.

Yeah gently caress em. Did you have annoying fans near you. We had tons but there was one ok tcu fan the rest sucked gently caress them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rush every field always for any reason

If you're ranked in the top 10 and you dropped 70 on Ball State (chirp chirp bitch) after pulling your starters after the first offensive series you should still rush that field if you feel like it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Okay, serious thoughts about the Bama game time.

There is no universe in which this was a good game. We had 66 yards of rushing. 2 turnovers. 2 muffed punts. A missed field goal. We basically only won because Arkansas hosed up more than we did, and probably got a pretty significant dicking from the officials.

Our secondary is young and inexperienced, and it shows. We consistently get beat on any route deeper than 8 yards. Our line looks directionless without our center, and gets no real push whatsoever on rushing downs. Sims looked confused this game, with lots of terrible decisions, throws into strong coverage, or just plain bad passes. Our special teams were our special teams. We played like a bad team. Regardless of if we actually are overall or not, we were today. There's no two ways about it.

Basically, this does not bode well for the rest of our schedule. MSU, Auburn, and TAMU all look very loseable, and I can see Tennessee turning into another 3 hour wet fart like this game was. We benefited from a weak early schedule, and as a result, are going to go bowling. In all likelihood, we'll get a pretty decent one, because we're Bama, and voters have our collective dick planted firmly in their mouths. It's my opinion we won't deserve it if we do.

That's not to say that this is a "lost season" or whatever, I want to make that clear. I'm not bitching about our season or our performance. Honestly, I think this season is going better than I expected it to. If you watched our spring game, we looked really bad. Really, really bad. We've put up a few really surprisingly strong performances, and I think that is pretty positive for future seasons. We just are lacking in some key areas, and it's going to hurt us.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah gently caress em. Did you have annoying fans near you. We had tons but there was one ok tcu fan the rest sucked gently caress them

Couple right in front of my sis and I (although they weren't particularly bad), and I was up on the third deck near the south endzone pretty close to a big cluster of Froggies. Got an earful.

Also, seating at Mcclane is kind of weird. Putting the visitors on the south endzone is nothing new, but I don't know why there was a huge-rear end clump of purple in the north side of the third deck.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

Rush every field always for any reason

If you're ranked in the top 10 and you dropped 70 on Ball State (chirp chirp bitch) after pulling your starters after the first offensive series you should still rush that field if you feel like it

I rolled my eyes out of my drat skull reading some people on twitter sniffing about how Baylor is too good to be rushing the field over such a pedestrian win the lowly #9 team in the country.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
goddammit north carolina you had one loving job today and you blew it

also great all the miss (state) fans are going to be even more insufferable now

nebraska did have a great weekend against BYE though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Emron posted:

Okay, serious thoughts about the Bama game time.

There is no universe in which this was a good game. We had 66 yards of rushing. 2 turnovers. 2 muffed punts. A missed field goal. We basically only won because Arkansas hosed up more than we did, and probably got a pretty significant dicking from the officials.

Our secondary is young and inexperienced, and it shows. We consistently get beat on any route deeper than 8 yards. Our line looks directionless without our center, and gets no real push whatsoever on rushing downs. Sims looked confused this game, with lots of terrible decisions, throws into strong coverage, or just plain bad passes. Our special teams were our special teams. We played like a bad team. Regardless of if we actually are overall or not, we were today. There's no two ways about it.

Basically, this does not bode well for the rest of our schedule. MSU, Auburn, and TAMU all look very loseable, and I can see Tennessee turning into another 3 hour wet fart like this game was. We benefited from a weak early schedule, and as a result, are going to go bowling. In all likelihood, we'll get a pretty decent one, because we're Bama, and voters have our collective dick planted firmly in their mouths. It's my opinion we won't deserve it if we do.

That's not to say that this is a "lost season" or whatever, I want to make that clear. I'm not bitching about our season or our performance. Honestly, I think this season is going better than I expected it to. If you watched our spring game, we looked really bad. Really, really bad. We've put up a few really surprisingly strong performances, and I think that is pretty positive for future seasons. We just are lacking in some key areas, and it's going to hurt us.
I more or less expected Alabama to be somewhere from 8-4 to 10-2 this year, it's just they've been bad in somewhat different ways than I expected them to be. They got around my jadedness shields by looking explosive on offense for a few games so reality is kind of a comedown.

• Locked thread