Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Well not that I really expect it to last long, but ASU is back in 1st place in the P-12 South.

Best part was ASU's new Baseball coach, Tracy Smith, who has yet to coach a game tweeting "miss it!" right before UofA's final kick. I love this guy already.

HooverDam fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
At a restaurant owned by his father in Tucson, Alex Zendejas decides to check the football scores for other games. One score captures his attention, and he smiles.

"My curse still lingers. Excellent."

Meanwhile, in Norman, Mike Stoops awakes from a nightmare. "I just had a nightmare about a missed field goal" he tells his wife. As Stoops checks the scores, he realizes that even here, far away, Zendejas haunts his dreams.

He screams.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
goldy....bitch...

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The Fire Muschamp Rocket Ship is gaining fuel.

Soon.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I can't even be too mad about it, this wasn't supposed to even be a bowl team this year (and really Colorado is the only game you can mark down as a very probable win left on the schedule so hell they could still miss out completely) But drat it would've been nice for a few of those kicks to go in.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seeing that ESPN's stat machines gave Baylor a 2 percent chance of victory immediately after the pick-six.

loving phew.

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Rick posted:

I can't even be too mad about it, this wasn't supposed to even be a bowl team this year (and really Colorado is the only game you can mark down as a very probable win left on the schedule so hell they could still miss out completely) But drat it would've been nice for a few of those kicks to go in.

you didn't think UofA would be a bowl team this year? With that OoC schedule, games against Colorado and Wazzu I had them down for at least 6 wins and then likely 7 considering they usually win at least one head scratcher.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Rick posted:

I remember these days with Rich Rod as my coach. Long win streak to start the year, immediately followed by a long losing streak.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

HooverDam posted:

Well not that I really expect it to last long, but ASU is back in 1st place in the P-12 South.

Best part was ASU's new Baseball coach, Tracy Smith, who has yet to coach a game tweeting "miss it!" right before UofA's final kick. I love this guy already.

I did my undergrad at Arizona. I'm going to grad school at ASU. During a graduate student orientation, we got a guest speaker. Ray Anderson, athletics director, should be pretty cool, right? Guy used to play for Stanford, Harvard Law degree, and just came from the NFL.

He talked for 20 minutes about the least interesting topics you can think of. The golf course, the new shopping center being built, and any other topic that grad students would never care about. It was over 100 degrees outside, we were all sitting in direct sunlight, and we were wearing suits.

I've never been passionate about the rivalry, but now I want ASU to lose every game forever always.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HooverDam posted:

you didn't think UofA would be a bowl team this year? With that OoC schedule, games against Colorado and Wazzu I had them down for at least 6 wins and then likely 7 considering they usually win at least one head scratcher.

The QB situation was a complete unknown and the defense was projected to be weaker, and Arizona had to sneak in last year. And after the struggles with Nevada and UTSA it certainly seemed that the team might have some major problems vs the PAC.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Idk if there would be anything funnier than Michigan firing their athletic director before the coach that knowingly played a concussed player or was so dumb and negligent to play a clearly concussed player that the entire sideline was yelling "AW gently caress LOOK AT CLEARLY CONCUSSED SHANE OVER THERE, poo poo".

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My college team won on Friday

My other college team won on Saturday

How is my NFL team going to ruin my weekend tomorrow?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Zifnab posted:

Washington looked competent today! Can't complain much about a 24 point win on the road, especially since somehow Cal was favored :confused:

DL looked great, consistently got to Goff even when only rushing 3
Kikaha has 10 sacks to lead the country
Secondary held up against a good passing attack
UW was like #2 in the nation in turnover margin and had a 3-0 margin today

And hey, we actually moved the ball! We threw some intermediate routes! It was great!

And then the Pac-12 refs ejected our TE for throwing a perfectly clean block

I think we were favored because there was a lot of chatter about our offense consistently dropping 50 on teams, and we assumed that we would do the same to UW and that it would be enough. I think we forgot that we have dropped 50 against dominant powerhouses such as Sacramento State, Colorado, and Washington State. (Yeah, 45 against Arizona, but that whole game was an aberration that we're still trying to figure out.)

It sounded like our defense played the best that it has in a while, which is hard to believe considering we gave up 28 points in the first half. The whole point of the Air Raid is that you're supposed to keep ahead of the other team in scoring. It would be really nice if we could put it all together, but I think our expectations are rising a bit too high these days, and Goff is still trying to figure some things out.

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

This is a work in progress.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Drunk. My birthday. At least got some free drinks from ole miss people. A&M bad.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Everytime that buck toothed weirdo Jerry Kill gets another win I get more pissed off. Further cementing a legacy of mediocrity.

Also what happened at the end of the Alabama game where the refs took away a chance for Arkansas you were talking about?

Lastly, am I wrong or is it possible (though we know it won't happen) that Ole Miss and Miss State go into the last week of the season undefeated and playing one another? If that happened they'd likely be both ranked either 1 and 2 or maybe in the 1/4 spots or something. Wouldn't that game literally cause Mississippi to explode? Would be fun.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Quandary posted:

This was a while back but Boomer loving Sooner, good to see some bitter rear end Texas fans. I was worried that with texas being down this year I wouldn't get the UT spite that I live for, but it's good to see it's alive and well.

How we won is a mystery though. We had 230 yards of offense, meanwhile Texas had 450. OU actually looked like poo poo today, but any day you beat Texas is a good day. Mostly what I'm trying to say here iS BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER, BOOMER SOONER.

Oh I'd RATHER get blown out so by the third quarter I've given up all hope and by the 4th quarter I no longer care.

Close game though? With several stupid plays that would have swung it our way? Yeah, I don't like those games at all.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Dennis Norfleet is fun to watch even when the team kinda sucks.

http://instagram.com/p/uCWooShlVW/

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Texas and Iowa state going in to next week's game with identical records. That doesn't happen very often.

Texas gonna win by a lot though. Our offense is going to get blanked by their defense and our defense will wear down and eventually become a sieve.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

So, Wyoming gave up three unanswered touchdowns to Hawaii and lost 38-28. One came with 0:00 in the third, the other two in the fourth.

:smithicide:

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

soggybagel posted:

Also what happened at the end of the Alabama game where the refs took away a chance for Arkansas you were talking about?

Oh, they ended up fixing it and then Arkansas won but since ESPN cut away immediately no one has reported it.

Basically, Arkansas was out of time outs and Bama had it with like a minute to go on third down and had bled the clock down and then had a false start and when they repeated third down they let the game clock run down again so after they were stopped they did not have to punt it with like 30 seconds left or so. Everyone came out onto the field but then the refs realized their mistakes and the players had to run through the band to get to the touchdown it was awesome.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

AsInHowe posted:

I remember these days with Rich Rod as my coach. Long win streak to start the year, immediately followed by a long losing streak.

I miss the yearly September Denard for Heisman campaigns.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Except Rich Rod never knocked off a top 5 team on the road.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Lastly, am I wrong or is it possible (though we know it won't happen) that Ole Miss and Miss State go into the last week of the season undefeated and playing one another? If that happened they'd likely be both ranked either 1 and 2 or maybe in the 1/4 spots or something. Wouldn't that game literally cause Mississippi to explode? Would be fun.

People will die. The ground will split open and Apollyon's legions will spill forth with their unholy mission. There will be fire.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I survived the night. Hail State.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Traitorous Leopard posted:

People will die. The ground will split open and Apollyon's legions will spill forth with their unholy mission. There will be fire.

If they could kill me without all the boils and such that I read about in the Bible, that would be aces.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm going to try, yet again, not to meltdown.

UF is terribad. Andre Debose is really fast. Muschamp is really dumb.

Jeff Driskel is like an advanced time-traveling robot sent here to destroy any offensive momentum we may accidentally generate. I have never EVER seen a QB more attuned and able to torpedo a drive with a lovely read or an untimely fumble. He is the polar opposite of ball-security.

Kurt Roper has done gently caress-all to increase tempo or creativity. The team is boring to watch, rife with mistakes. Every game is a turnover and blown cover fest.

UF football makes me feel the way this guy looks.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Sash! posted:

If they could kill me without all the boils and such that I read about in the Bible, that would be aces.

Sorry man. All non believers get battered and fried and die a slow, cholesterol related death.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dr_Strangelove posted:

So, Wyoming gave up three unanswered touchdowns to Hawaii and lost 38-28. One came with 0:00 in the third, the other two in the fourth.

:smithicide:

Losing to Hawaii has got to be terrible, although I can't help but feel a little happy every time they pick up a win.

Each one might be the last :(

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006
Last night's Michigan/Penn State game was truly awful but notable for one reason - Brady Hoke outcoached someone. A remarkable achievement, James Franklin, well done indeed.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Guess who just rocketed all the way to #1 on my favorite college players list?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I'm going to try, yet again, not to meltdown.

UF is terribad. Andre Debose is really fast. Muschamp is really dumb.

Jeff Driskel is like an advanced time-traveling robot sent here to destroy any offensive momentum we may accidentally generate. I have never EVER seen a QB more attuned and able to torpedo a drive with a lovely read or an untimely fumble. He is the polar opposite of ball-security.

Kurt Roper has done gently caress-all to increase tempo or creativity. The team is boring to watch, rife with mistakes. Every game is a turnover and blown cover fest.

UF football makes me feel the way this guy looks.
Cool you said it so I don't have to

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Cool you said it so I don't have to

:smith: :hf: :smith:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

soggybagel posted:

Everytime that buck toothed weirdo Jerry Kill gets another win I get more pissed off. Further cementing a legacy of mediocrity.

why do I get this feeling we're good?

we're gonna lose another bowl game

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He isn't very good but goddamn is he loveable. That particular gif is after one of the more inexplicable interceptions that I can think of.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mauk loving owns for his grit but boy howdy has he stunk it up this year.

I'm hosting a birthday / watch party centered around the UF - Mizzou game next Saturday and I think I need to double the cocktail budget because even the non-affiliated guests are going to be gunning for the booze to get them through a night of performances like that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

He just mad he threw yet another pick. Not sure why he didn't get flagged for it when I feel like we would have.

But my views from that game are as follows: I am glad to see that our offense wasn't just a one man show. Obviously there were times where you knew that that 2 or 3 yard push with Chubb might have been more with Gurley, but overall I was happy with the run game. Even Douglass getting in on the action, I was happy to see him do work. The flip-touchdown was awesome has hell and I'm glad he didn't land on his noggin as a result. Our passing game was... pretty good. Not amazing, but seeing Mason actually throw the ball like a quarterback needs to was great. I was happy to see Mitchell get back into things with a few catches and I love how he runs- Just really low and fast. Scott-Wesley was in there too but I can't seem to remember him getting any catches, but the threat is nice.

Defensively we finally clicked. I don't know if it was "lol Mizzou" but man, something happened. If this is just a sign that maybe we are getting it together, I'll take it. I don't want to read too much into it, but lights out is lights out. I know that the turnovers were because Mauk was just trying to put the ball down field, but they could have just as easily been tipped or batted passes instead. It seemed like we were finally doing the "Bend but dont break" thing well. We'll have to see how it goes for the rest of the season, but I'll take the improvement.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane switched back to Nick Montana this week who didn't play great but he also didn't throw any picks. UConn lost to Tulane, lol.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
It's legitimately debatable whether Mississippi State or Ole Miss is the #1 team in the country, and very good arguments can be made on both sides. What the gently caress world is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

KKKLIP ART posted:

He just mad he threw yet another pick. Not sure why he didn't get flagged for it when I feel like we would have.

200lb QBs should never be penalized for throwing 300lb DLs around like that. Mizzou probably should have been given a 1st down and UGA should lose 4 points. That's embarrassing.

Stunt Rock posted:

It's legitimately debatable whether Mississippi State or Ole Miss is the #1 team in the country, and very good arguments can be made on both sides. What the gently caress world is this?

MSU is better right now and their resume is worlds better. If Ole Miss beats Auburn then we can talk heading into the Egg Bowl but right now they've got Auburn and you've got a Bama team that looks like they're rolling towards an 8 win season if they don't pick it up.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 12, 2014

• Locked thread