Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Appshopper link
Android link

Faraway kingdom is basically tiny tower with rpg elements added to it. You expand your land so you can build houses. You hire heroes to fill those houses. You send those heroes out into underground caves for money or gems. And you send your best heroes out on raids for lots of gold and equipment. The raids are decently engaging because you control when to use abilities. IAP is pretty easy to get ahold of and not too big of a deal. And at first it seems like the game wants you spam Facebook for friends. But it just wants you to use any in game friends, so don't need to connect Facebook at all (Facebook connection is broken anyways). Since it is brand new, here are the tips I learned.

Housing
  • Don't use diamonds to build houses until you unlock the best houses.
  • Try to put all your heroes of similar elements in the same housing. Later you can upgrade houses to improve a single element but it cost diamonds to move heroes after they first move in.
  • Don't worry too much about tax growth. Getting an extra 20 gold a day isn't worth investing an extra 2000 gold.
  • Pretty quickly you will want to kick out all common heroes. I usually keep common heroes with 9 or better in an element though.

Underground caves
  • The free monster always gives a gold reward. The gold costing monster always gives gems. Gems aren't worthing farming unless you want to upgrade epic gear.
  • The higher the hero element is the faster they kill monsters of the same element dungeon. 10
  • Putting a Mage/cleric/warrior combo in a dungeon gives a 20% critical hit chance. 3 heroes of the same type give a 5%. Most other combinations give 10%. I have see a few odd ball 20% critical hit teams.
  • Putting heroes into their ideal dungeon gives you extra .3 rewards when a monster is killed. If all 3 heroes are ideal the rewards are doubled.
  • Rare monsters have a 40 minute timer, if you miss them then you got to wait for it to show up again. Once you attack the rare monster, they stick around they are dead. They take hours to kill, give lots of gems, items, gold, and unlock the special heroes in the cages.
  • Special heroes don't join your team but randomly show up and heavily damage underground monsters.
  • Heroes in underground caves can do raid at the same time.

Raids
  • For the love of god, get a cleric with the ability recover Mage mana or you will run out of mana durning the raid.
  • You usually get one minute to beat a boss or else they go into rage mode. While in rage mode each hit will deal more damage than the hit before it. Rage mode bosses are immune to being frozen as well.

Friend's list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NPpthaIqd6LfQ-cQS8iDRbM-xuNq_AJYLEvaMBc23pw/edit?usp=sharing
Pick someone as your refer you get some premium currency if you do.

Loot drops
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ys7w9Pq6OGYtRo5DywvhLwJCeKv09fS3kNdW4dxwW8
Or the goon made
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tPiGofm7kOiIuol0Oht1dZw/htmlview

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I figured out how to change Raid Party Members. When you choose to do a Raid, it will show your Party. You can tap on someone in your party, and it will bring up their info. At the bottom is a button that says Leave Party. Tap that, and the person will leave. You can then pick someone else to occupy their spot.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Added a bunch of people as omgitzrick. Only started playing today so I'm still figuring it out.

Used your referral Shwqa

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Are you sure about the point in the OP that a hero in a dungeon can raid? When I go to the regular raid area, all heroes currently in a dungeon are blacked out in the party select screen. It does look like if they are not actively fighting a monster, they can go on the raid. Might want to clarify that in the post.

And just to muddy the water a little more, the special raids do appear to let you take anyone at all with. And dampened if the "normal" alien special raid doesn't kick the shut out of my guys. I made it through the easy ones with little trouble.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Orvin posted:

Are you sure about the point in the OP that a hero in a dungeon can raid? When I go to the regular raid area, all heroes currently in a dungeon are blacked out in the party select screen. It does look like if they are not actively fighting a monster, they can go on the raid. Might want to clarify that in the post.

And just to muddy the water a little more, the special raids do appear to let you take anyone at all with. And dampened if the "normal" alien special raid doesn't kick the shut out of my guys. I made it through the easy ones with little trouble.

I know you can raid and dungeon at the same time. All my raiders are also my nice 13+ element heroes. The gray out heroes are already selected for the raid.

I can clear the normal raids and I seem to get a item every 3rd or so battles. All the items are space invaders items so if you got a hero of that area you can collect their items. On the touch arcade forums they said their is a small chance of getting a epic hero.

Edit: I spent 200 diamonds on 11 heroes I got a 5* epic, 4* epic, and a 2* epic. Course every single one is a priest :suicide: In hide sight 40 new friends might have better in the long run.

Edit2: oh snap I got an epic hero for the raids.... 3* priest :v:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 12, 2014

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Friend me at HowieSA! I have a priest with Spring of Mana IV which more or less means you never run out of mana.

I managed to get a 1 star epic from friendship draw -- her max level is 1. It's kind of sad, kind of hilarious.

e: Also, two tips! One is that selling equipment can provide a pretty good gold boost. Basic 1 star uncommons sell for about 850-1k, while two star uncommons can sell for 1-2k gold. It's a good way to get a jump start on your kingdom.

Second is when you upgrade a hero (for the quest) keep an eye on how much it costs. I upgraded my 4 star epic going "Eh, what's the worst that could happen" and accidentally sent 8k gold down the drain.

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 12, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

RoboCicero posted:

Friend me at HowieSA! I have a priest with Spring of Mana IV which more or less means you never run out of mana.

I managed to get a 1 star epic from friendship draw -- her max level is 1. It's kind of sad, kind of hilarious.

e: Also, two tips! One is that selling equipment can provide a pretty good gold boost. Basic 1 star uncommons sell for about 850-1k, while two star uncommons can sell for 1-2k gold. It's a good way to get a jump start on your kingdom.

Second is when you upgrade a hero (for the quest) keep an eye on how much it costs. I upgraded my 4 star epic going "Eh, what's the worst that could happen" and accidentally sent 8k gold down the drain.

All heroes that ideal dungeon is the shallow sewer are limited to level 1. However they apparently give a ton exp when you use them as fodder. They help says that but I haven't tested it out.

And all the upgrade poo poo is expensive.

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Looks like another waste of time - I'm in.

Add me: iFriend

IrregularOreos
Oct 26, 2010
Been playing last couple of days, good fun, in as ssnn.

A couple of observations I've noticed from grinding raid dungeons: each raid dungeon drops it's own unique equips (e.g. I've gotten multiple duplicates of the entire sets of 4* mage Princess Violetta's and 4* priest King Lionheart's equips from the Creatures of Wonderland stages).

I've also somehow gotten 3 Fortibuses (3* mage) from various wonderland stages, so it's possible that each group of dungeons has its own pool of heroes it can drop.

Can any else confirm these observations with other dungeons? If true, I imagine we could compile a list of which dungeon drops which set to help gear up our heroes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm in as Smozi, add me and I will send you beds.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

In as Ruggan.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I'm in as Axiem. Do we have a google doc for all the names yet?

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

For anyone that missed me in the iOS thread, ign is Cotato, got a few slots left.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

In as Vo - I have maybe 9 slots left, although I will probably delete people soon who haven't been online in like 20h.

I'm pretty far ahead on the map except for a few people on my friend's list, but I'm feeling really hampered by the heroes I have. The only MP-regeneration I have is a skill I, which I need to charge up to five to even sort of counteract all the mana I'm using. I have some allies with a IV or V version of the same skill and the difference is staggering, but I can't use my high-powered allies all the time, so...

Meanwhile, my highest rarity/star characters are two rare 5* priests and an epic 4*... priest. Might be useful later, but I feel like everyone has plenty of priests and it's always been a problem of not enough damage/mana, so my avatar is the rare 3* mage I started out with who now has something like 600+ ATK power through weapons.

Hurlin Merlin
Jan 29, 2009

Would you like to try my Major Elixir of Thunderbird?
Just started today as NMagnus, feel free to add me.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

IrregularOreos posted:

A couple of observations I've noticed from grinding raid dungeons: each raid dungeon drops it's own unique equips (e.g. I've gotten multiple duplicates of the entire sets of 4* mage Princess Violetta's and 4* priest King Lionheart's equips from the Creatures of Wonderland stages).

I've also somehow gotten 3 Fortibuses (3* mage) from various wonderland stages, so it's possible that each group of dungeons has its own pool of heroes it can drop.

Can any else confirm these observations with other dungeons? If true, I imagine we could compile a list of which dungeon drops which set to help gear up our heroes.

This game needs a wiki. So many names and places to remember.

Anyway, (still) playing this World of Warcraft guild management simulator as allsizesfitone but my list is getting pretty full, too.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

allsizesfitone posted:

This game needs a wiki. So many names and places to remember.

Anyway, (still) playing this World of Warcraft guild management simulator as allsizesfitone but my list is getting pretty full, too.

There is apparently a wiki, but it has very little on it.

I'm Dabre_SA in-game. I have some slots still, but I'll need to go through them to weed people out soon.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

IrregularOreos posted:

Nice! Your warrior is a beast. Also Howie, I love your priest. I still have not found a single priest outside of a one star with that ability. I did not notice the hero drops for Multiples in the dungeons, but it does seem to have a limited item pool in each at least for loot. I was able to farm up most of several complete sets (I think I am still missing the pants) from one area.

Re upgrading hero's: Feeding a hero of the same name will add a +1 to the hero (no idea what the does) and it does not add a star. I got a second 2* Epic Freyja from a dungeon loot and feed her to my first. The Stinking Sewers guys do give a crapton of XP. Supposedly on normal feeds for upgrades you have a chance at adding a +1, but I still have not gotten any on my main hero after 5-6 feeds. The percent chance is always a "?" outside of feeding the dupe Freyja where it was 100%.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Do people want a priest with spring of mana 5? I can put that as my avatar but I figured my 780 attack mage was more useful.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Okay, here's a google doc for us to use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NPpthaIqd6LfQ-cQS8iDRbM-xuNq_AJYLEvaMBc23pw/edit?usp=sharing

I did it a spreadsheet because who knows what else we'll want to share. I haven't actually gone and added everyone to it, because I'm lazy and threw this together just now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shwqa posted:

Do people want a priest with spring of mana 5? I can put that as my avatar but I figured my 780 attack mage was more useful.

Mages are always more useful, it seems like most people have epic priests. Meanwhile I'm still trying to get anything better than a two star mage and warrior at level 21.

Looking at my inventory I think you're right Irregular, there's definitely a pattern to where certain items drop. I wish I had been taking notes now.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 12, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dreylad posted:

Mages are always more useful, it seems like most people have epic priests. Meanwhile I'm still trying to get anything better than a two star mage and warrior at level 21.

Yeah that is my thinking as as well. I use 100 attack mage/warriors friends over 5* epic priest. The extra healing is just not helpful for me.

I keep trying to get a hold of a 5* wand for my mage. She will have over 1k attack when I do :getin:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 12, 2014

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

If I had access to it, I would never use a friend with it. Just a few 6 char dungeons with 4 fights, it has allowed me to pass it. I run a very mage heavy team. It's niche use, but one of the better priest abilities. Also my mages are better by a decent bit than priests so I'll field 1 tank, 4 mages and a priest with friend priest and I like that ability.

Also gently caress getting good tanks. My best is still a 2 star green who maxes out at level 15, I'm running into a dungeon where he is getting one shot and 2-3 shot through shield wall and priest bubble at the start of a fight (not the 1min enrage). I just don't want to sink any more money into him because he is getting replaced as soon as possible.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think "Double Magic" has to be one of the better skills. Your raid damage just skyrockets with it.

mephology posted:

Re upgrading hero's: Feeding a hero of the same name will add a +1 to the hero (no idea what the does) and it does not add a star. I got a second 2* Epic Freyja from a dungeon loot and feed her to my first. The Stinking Sewers guys do give a crapton of XP. Supposedly on normal feeds for upgrades you have a chance at adding a +1, but I still have not gotten any on my main hero after 5-6 feeds. The percent chance is always a "?" outside of feeding the dupe Freyja where it was 100%.

Also, I don't know if you're there yet but I was getting Freyja-specific gear from the "Welcome To Hell" area.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

mephology posted:

If I had access to it, I would never use a friend with it. Just a few 6 char dungeons with 4 fights, it has allowed me to pass it. I run a very mage heavy team. It's niche use, but one of the better priest abilities. Also my mages are better by a decent bit than priests so I'll field 1 tank, 4 mages and a priest with friend priest and I like that ability.

Also gently caress getting good tanks. My best is still a 2 star green who maxes out at level 15, I'm running into a dungeon where he is getting one shot and 2-3 shot through shield wall and priest bubble at the start of a fight (not the 1min enrage). I just don't want to sink any more money into him because he is getting replaced as soon as possible.

I have a 2* rare tank who tanks everything like a beast (500+ defense, 5-6k HP I think) and a 4* tank I put in for damage. For some reason, tanks seem to produce a decent amount of orbs, and if you get one with crush, that's even better. It stuns the enemy and while stunned gives you a higher chance of getting orbs from them.

And yeah, different areas drop different sets. You'll notice each character has a specific outfit it comes with, and later on you can get sets that actually give bigger bonuses. The alien special dungeon drops the alien items and I got a 2* epic from it (but haven't used - lower rarity epics don't seem that useful to be honest).

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I need to start taking notes, though I'm still early enough I'm only getting 2* equipment. For what it's worth, I've been finding Madame Curious equipment at level 13, Burning Sands and Sunlight off of the boss.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I'm in as GoodchildSA, with a 4 star epic tank (also hes a pirate!). I haven't been able to use him myself, because he takes such a huge amount of party points.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

In as Cyrano4747 same as my SA user name

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

In as UScr00ge and used Cyrano4747 as a referrer. Adding everyone in this thread once my friendslist supports it.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
How does elemental alignment effect Raids/Raid Members?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Goodchild posted:

How does elemental alignment effect Raids/Raid Members?

It gives them bonus stats the higher their element. I think mages and priest get a bonus to attack and mana, while warriors get a bonus in defense and hp.

Edit: I added the google doc to the front page.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 13, 2014

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
In as sscheuf. About to start adding people to my army.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Any way to raise the stars of a hero?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I've been having to decline a bunch of people as friends because there's well over 50 goons playing, so please don't be offended if I have to turn you down!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
In as MotU, gonna start adding

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
I'll give it a try. In as zdj.

Blockhead
Jun 6, 2003

turtle power
Im in as Blockhead. I have already added a bunch of people from this thread. This game is a really nice time waster and just what I have been looking for!

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Am I correct in holding onto gear for which I currently have no hero that would receive the set bonus? Or should I just use it on somebody now?

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

I have been just selling it or putting on a random. I don't think farming it again will be terrible out side of good epics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
So armour should go into any hero that matches it's Destiny in order to get the +Stat, but what about weapons and shields?

I have several weapons that ask for a particular character in order to triger the bonus. They have the same name that some sets of armour, so I'm not sure whether the game wants me to match armour to weapon or they want a particular character.

For example: I have a complete set of "Armour of Robin" stuck to some dude whose destiny matches the armour, and I'm getting +2 to an elemental stat on that guy because of it. However, I have a Mace of Robin (name may not be correct) that has a conditional effect that trigger "When Robin has it equipped."

Is the guy with the complete set considered to be Robin, or is he a particular hero I'm yet to find? I haven't got any Special heroes in my collection yet, not sure if they are what the game is asking me for.

• Locked thread