Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
ACE OF THE WORLD 1/100 TALENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ONCE IN A CENTURY ACE

TANAHASHI AND YAMAMOTO CONQUERED BULLET CLUB WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought AJ would carry the belt to Tokyo Dome but that was one hell of a match.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
So Okada/Tanahashi at the Dome? Hmm, I definitely would have preferred Okada/Styles, Okada/Nakamura, or Nakamura/Styles, but it should still be great.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wait there is a Japanese Money in the Bank?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AJ lost!?! :aaa:

Holy poo poo I should have bought this show.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Benne posted:

That case has Okada's contract for a title shot at the Dome Show.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Benne posted:

The winner of the G1 Climax (the big yearly singles tournament) gets a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom (the January Tokyo Dome show).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

That case has Okada's contract for a title shot at the Dome Show.

Ah, okay.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Jeff Jarrett vs Yoshi Tatsu at the Tokyo Dome is too bizarre for me to process

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Jeff Jarrett vs Yoshi Tatsu at the Tokyo Dome is too bizarre for me to process

Jarrett is hoping to get Triad money backing GFW so he went straight to the Poison Fist of the Pacific Rim.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Thank you Tanahashi.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I was really hoping for AJ/Okada at the Dome. :( But at least there's an outside shot that the Shibata/Nakamura rivalry might carry on to Wrestlekingdom.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
...you guys think AJ's happy TNA let him go? I mean, if he was still there, he could've wrestled at KORAKUEN HALL!! On PPV, no less!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

I Before E posted:

I was really hoping for AJ/Okada at the Dome. :( But at least there's an outside shot that the Shibata/Nakamura rivalry might carry on to Wrestlekingdom.

I'd say there's way more than an outside shot tbh

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Hiroshi Tanahashi I will NEVER forgive you for defeating MY HERO AJ STYLES.

I hope you choke on that belt.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
You'd hug Tana, too.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
We'd all hug Tana if given the opportunity :3:

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Jake Soo posted:

You'd hug Tana, too.

I'd hug Tana with one arm, while my other hand had an icepick in it.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

maxallen posted:

I'd hug Tana with one arm, while my other hand had an icepick in it.

Wow. You sound like his ex.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'd hug Tanahashi, but only so I could ask if he could get me an opportunity to hug Nakamura.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

In two days, Tanahashi will have the longest combined reigns with the IWGP HW title ever.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

In two days, Tanahashi will have the longest combined reigns with the IWGP HW title ever.

Well deserved, tbh.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
- I missed the first hour but what I saw was a good show of ***-***3/4 matches with one very good match in Ishii/Yujiro. Very watchable, the time just flew by, I didn't even realise it was a 4 hour show.

- I guess the Junior tag title matches are typecast as these kind of meaningless go-go-go matches now, and while I understand there's a place for that stuff on a card I wish they'd get a chance to work more traditional matches sometimes as it's not really a style I'm a fan of.

- El Desperado is already so much better as a heel. I hope this leads to something for him, was disappointed charisma vacuum Taguchi retained the title.

- For two guys with shoot style experience the stuff Saku and Misu were doing (which granted wasn't really 'shoot style' but still) wasn't very compelling. I guess neither were ever particularly great shoot style workers, though? I know Misu has the one fantastic PWFG match against Naoki Sano. Maybe Moomin avatar guy can weigh in on this.

- Sooo glad Ishii has his belt back and can go back to having ****+ singles matches on every show. I thought the low blow no sell was loving stupid but on Dave's recap he says he blocked it so maybe I missed something?

- Shibata has a such an incredible aura, he really feels like he belongs in the top echelon of the promotion. He needs to be a top guy like right now, which I guess is where they're going with him.

- Liked Okada/Naito taking things in a somewhat different direction. My main criticism of Okada has been that he only has one match, but if we keep seeing stuff like this out of him I may have to change my tune. My main criticism of this would be that they rather quickly blew off the unique opening section to do back and forth my turn/your turn stuff rather than building heat through long control segments. Naito eating a sick DDT on the floor only to be back in the ring doing moves within a minute was egregious. Felt like the match lacked the drama befitting its stakes because of that, although the fact that nobody believed Naito had a chance in hell of winning has to shoulder some of the blame there I guess. I liked that for once the Rainmaker pose wasn't the "HERE IS THE NEARFALLS SECTION" signal but actually went directly into the finish. Nowhere close to a MOTYC for me but A Good Match.

- Felt the same way about Styles/Tanahashi as I did about their G1 match; what they did was good but it was missing that higher gear to really amp up the drama and make it a great match. As a sports entertainment spectacle that builds a storyline I thought this was very good though. I feel like these two should have a real blow away match in them and I hope we get to see it some day.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 13, 2014

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tanahashi is the true King of Sports.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Well I definitely didn't wake up in time to catch it live, but it sounds like the ordering/viewing went all right for everyone. I'll be ordering the VOD here in a bit so hopefully that all goes smoothly too.

edit: Apparently it won't take my credit cards, so that's a bummer. Was looking forward to checking it out.

Dunbar fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 13, 2014

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Spermgod posted:

- Sooo glad Ishii has his belt back and can go back to having ****+ singles matches on every show. I thought the low blow no sell was loving stupid but on Dave's recap he says he blocked it so maybe I missed something?

He grabbed Takahashi's arm at the last moment, they cut away pretty quick so it was prob. easy to miss.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wow.

Fell asleep after the CHAOS v Goto/Shibata match, glad I watched the last two unspoiled. Figured Styles retained when I didn't hear anything to indicate a big change. Yoshi Tatsu's return was certainly a surprise. Is he actually any good? The only singles match I've really ever seen him wrestle was in Chikara.

Dome should own. Tanahashi and Okada obviously work great together and they were smart to keep away from that matchup throughout 2014. Glad to see that Shibata's getting a real push.

Oh, and SSS is reporting a Super No Vacancy Full House, so my guess is that they sold all the tickets even though some couldn't make it in the storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Wow.

Fell asleep after the CHAOS v Goto/Shibata match, glad I watched the last two unspoiled. Figured Styles retained when I didn't hear anything to indicate a big change. Yoshi Tatsu's return was certainly a surprise. Is he actually any good? The only singles match I've really ever seen him wrestle was in Chikara.

Dome should own. Tanahashi and Okada obviously work great together and they were smart to keep away from that matchup throughout 2014. Glad to see that Shibata's getting a real push.

Oh, and SSS is reporting a Super No Vacancy Full House, so my guess is that they sold all the tickets even though some couldn't make it in the storm.

I'm of the opinion Yoshi was underused in WWE, but YMMV.

• Locked thread