Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
FACT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Posted there during school and two years after, it's neato but v intense also yes it smells like pee a lot

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's all right if you like saxophones.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

only been a few times but theres a lot of pretty good posts

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
agreed OP

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
*throws garbage on sidewalk*

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I went to a 7/11 in fyad once and saw someone steal a slurpee

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I miss the endless variety of jokes but do not miss the endless flood of piss, poo poo, puke, hot garbage, lovely roach-infested overpriced apartments, sounds traveling up skyscrapers and through your window, lack of central AC, and waiting 2 hours for the 4 train after midnight. I was born and raised in FYAD, and as soon as college was over I ran from the place screaming.

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

K. Waste posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPoBHX82uw

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
I've been posting there for a little over 9 years. It's pretty great if you don't have kids.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

brizna posted:

I've been posting there for a little over 9 years. It's pretty great if you don't have kids.

yea i was going to say. from what i saw from twitter, seems like a pretty lovely place if you have kids

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lots of beautiful women from all over the world makes it awesome!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
*Puffs out chest and inhales deeply*

AH!!! I love piss!

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm over in PYF today and I'm lollin at how it is here vs. FYAD. Pro life posts, pro God posts, gun posts everywhere, hell the NRA runs pro 2nd amendment threads on stickies (nice thread today btw g0m). I saw wind turbines for the first time in my life. Went through the radio, no hip hop stations. There's a place called Templo Del Perro. People was talking German on the goddamn radio. I'm lovin it :hitler: Gotta escape the nanny handout state.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i LOVE the ITS SHOWTIME performers!! fyad art and culture in your face!!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
its ok to visit but lol if you wanna post there (or anywhere on the SA forums)

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i love it there but can't go back. i'd be dead in a month

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JFairfax posted:

Lots of beautiful women from all over the world makes it awesome!

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
girls from the midwest seem to want to post there because they think it will be exactly like sex and the city

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

K. Waste posted:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

girls from the midwest seem to want to move there because they think it will be exactly like sex and the city

Sex and the living in someones closet for $2000 a month

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

47 year resident of Queens here. Get out of the City proper and out to the boroughs. Here in Queens, we have the foods, the people, and the cultures. We have Astoria Studios where the Cosby show was filmed. We have Silvercup studios where The Sopranos and movies like the Highlander were filmed. Hell, I live 4 blocks from where Jack Kerouac lived and began writing his famous book. Also places like Steinway Pianos are here and still in full swing.

We have actual ethnic Neighborhoods with real authentic foods from Germany, Poland, Italy, Russia, China, Japan and more.

Then you have Brooklyn, which is legendary. Everyone has heard of Brooklyn, which borders Queens. Another great place of diversity and foods.

The Bronx and Staten Island are worlds of their own. And if you want to get "away", there's Long Island and Montauk Point's famous lighthouse. Queens is really the base of Long Island, and many consider Queens a part of it.

Get out of Manhattan and branch out and see where the real FYAD is. Twitter sucks balls and I avoid it.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Mistayke posted:

47 year resident of Queens here. Get out of the City proper and out to the boroughs. Here in Queens, we have the foods, the people, and the cultures. We have Astoria Studios where the Cosby show was filmed. We have Silvercup studios where The Sopranos and movies like the Highlander were filmed. Hell, I live 4 blocks from where Jack Kerouac lived and began writing his famous book. Also places like Steinway Pianos are here and still in full swing.

We have actual ethnic Neighborhoods with real authentic foods from Germany, Poland, Italy, Russia, China, Japan and more.

Then you have Brooklyn, which is legendary. Everyone has heard of Brooklyn, which borders Queens. Another great place of diversity and foods.

The Bronx and Staten Island are worlds of their own. And if you want to get "away", there's Long Island and Montauk Point's famous lighthouse. Queens is really the base of Long Island, and many consider Queens a part of it.

Get out of Manhattan and branch out and see where the real NY is. Manhattan sucks balls and I avoid it.

Living in the outer boroughs sucks because you get many of the worst parts of the city (the apartments are still overpriced, it still smells like urine and garbage, crowds and bad tempers galore) but now you have to tack on an 8 year train ride to get to any place worth visiting and for the most part, sacrifice the cool cultural/artistic/ethnic food part.

I guess if you're a Williamsburg hispter coasting on daddy's funds it's different, but if I ever had some weird urge to move back into the city and caught a disease that caused me to hemorrhage money I'd move to the upper West side or something.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
TGD is best forum if you enjoy the smell of piss imo

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

FYAD is fun for a week or so, after that it becomes total poo poo. Using the beecock system makes me want to die, everything smells like piss or garbage, and there are more rats than squirrels.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i don't get why you guys don't just stop throwing your posts on the ground

like everytime you go to fyad there's always either some bullshit excuse or 'i dunno', it's pretty sad when literally every other forum on SA pretty much has figured out how to not be a garbage dump

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Large iconic forums like FYAD, GBS or Games are often overrated.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ethanol posted:

like everytime you go to fyad there's always either some bullshit excuse or 'i dunno', it's pretty sad when literally every other forum on SA pretty much has figured out how to not be a garbage dump

Really it's just the noobs and the weird tweeters. I post there. I used to post with the noobs. Now I post with the lower-middle class (basically noobs) and there's still a substantial amount of garbage in the threads. It's amazing because you are never more than like 20 posts away from a garbage can, and you probably shouldn't bring gross post garbage with you in a thread if your only option is leaving it on the floor of the forum or tossing it into byob like an animal.

Basically I'm all for gentrification since I'll probably be able to afford it anyway.

Otherwise if you're offended by the smell or the rats or the homeless you're probably the giant pussy people are talking about when they say "FYAD will eat you alive".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Verisimilidude posted:

Really it's just the noobs and the weird tweeters.

that's a bullshit excuse because every forum has noobs. control your noobs, idiot

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
gently caress day crew.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
if there's a fyad thread, you bet your rear end I'm going to post in it in support of the ban.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f1KHeJypBc

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ethanol posted:

The constant smell of piss and garbage makes people subconsciously treat it like a landfill

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the postcock is basically in the dark ages compared to other major forums.

Really inadequate moderation too, with random number contests being used to communicate service changes.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
fyad has exactly one redeeming feature and it's the fuckoff huge anime tractor. virtually everything else sucks

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I'm in FYAD right now on a parachute account and it's great

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A forum so bad, all the good posters flee it in the summer for twitter.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ethanol posted:

that's a bullshit excuse because every forum has noobs. control your noobs, idiot

gently caress they're not /my/ noobs. As soon as my probation is up I'm moving back to a gray forum.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

etalian posted:

A city so bad, all the rich people flee it in the summer for the hamptons.

There is no forum funny posters don't flee at the first given opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mulefisk posted:

There is no forum funny posters don't flee at the first given opportunity

Keep them on the run and they won't stay in an forum long enough to gently caress it up

• Locked thread