Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

aatrek + restraint/gay = mccaine

he never hosed a kid but he did post him twink dick, a good mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

can somebody tell me what brojo's meltdown was

All I remember was him losing his poo poo because somebody out there might say human being and go unbanned, but I'm not a regular subscriber o the BroJo Digest

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Neo Duckberg posted:

The TCC mod whateverhisnamewas.

My nigga have you tried LSD?

Hondarider and everybody go read that thread again this minute because lmao

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Jeffrey posted:

Did you read the long rear end article boniface unironically wrote about his posting career? I didn't read much of it but it seemed pretty embarassing. He is now a gawker writer or something. http://gawker.com/5987590/let-me-introduce-myself-farewell-to-mobutu-sese-seko

It's p awkward to read but I think that's the point, he's still a good funny dude imo

bonestructure posted:

In another thread, Ralp mentioned a couple of names that had been pm'd to him as good mod candidates for GBS with the reasoning that "they post a lot in GBS." To my mind that's more of a red flag than a recommendation, because it seems like the people who are most emotionally invested in the forums, to the extent that SA is a large part or even the entirety of their social life and interaction with other humans, make really terrible mods. If someone is the kind of already unstable, socially-inept person that makes posting on an internet forum their whole world and their identity and then they're given a certain amount of extra power in that world, it's a safe bet that sooner or later a trainwreck is going to ensue. They're too needy and take what's essentially a fun, silly pastime way too seriously. Then you get poo poo like Mayor Wilkins grooming emotionally damaged women from E\N to come live with him or Aatrek and his kiddy-fiddling past or SilverSliver completely flipping out the minute fyad made fun of her or redshirt melting down as soon as it looks like someone is questioning his authoritah in front of his GBS pals. Don't mod anyone who takes themselves and SA too seriously.

lol who did this1

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

he was funny yeah but holy poo poo how far up the festering rear end in a top hat of internet drama do you have to be to write a tell-all about it and expect anyone who isn't equally far up said rear end in a top hat to take you seriously on any level whatsoever

I'm willing to give a pass for being melodramatic about internet bullshit when said internet bullshit extends to doxxing and irl stalking stuff but yeah, that article's more painful than I remembered

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean he was just saying stuff like rehab and 12 step programs have terrible success rates and that is pretty true. I always thought that meltdown was another good example of a subset of posters causing forum drama for the sake of forum drama. Iirc the people complaining didn't even post in tcc and sure as poo poo didn't actually care about the welfare of tcc posters as seen by the repeated jokes over that guy who died in his car.

Some goons really like pretending to be morally outraged to get mods or other posters in trouble and I dunno why the admins keep falling for that gimmick when the same posters turn around and make jokes about the very same things they were pretending was such an outrage.
Finding something wrong with telling a dying girl to just die, in the forum you've run herd on that has a literal thread for heroin users to discuss using heroin, ie the reason that girl is dying, is just forums bullies making up drama in order to spite mods yeah okay guy

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Oct 13, 2014

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

gggiiimmmppp posted:

all im saying is its no worse advice in practice than "gargle unicorn cum" for someone on the internet who's just going to ignore you and keep taking heroin and probably die

The headman for the Harm Reduction Forum with the double-digit bodycount and the runaway do-a-dare megathreads on snorting mail-order Soviet brainwashing chemicals probably shouldn't tell dying people to skip treatment and gargle unicorn cum either

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

uh actually lsd is kinda well known for helping people kick addictions and has been used therapeutically for that purpose for many decades. hondarider running off to something sensitive to cry about it, well, that was funny. but i always thought it was weird that the goons who thought that goon cooking to death in a car was hilarious and totally internet pwned his grieving girlfriend with sick burns were the same goons who were really shocked and offended that hondarider told a junkie who had been in and out rehab and is probably dead by now of an overdose to take :ohdear: more drugs and it just kind of came off as like these badass renegade internet trolls are actually boring sheltered nerds who get their jollies from dumb stuff like internet drama instead of cool stuff like drugs.

Well you see Sexgun Rasputin people with normal brain chemistry may simultaneously find this gif funny and not actively want to create a situation where more guys get crushed and ignited

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
The mark of the really good poster with lots of smart things to say: offering mushmouthed defense of any decision Hondarider ever made, repeatedly

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Jeffrey posted:

making fun of the drug guys is funny because they try to defend themselves but all they say is "hugfugugug im on drugs"

you don't really need to say anything at all they're already funnier than anything anyone else can say

one of those guys just wandered into TFR a few weeks back asking for advice on how to get a gun despite being on a federal watchlist for threatening presidential candidates, which he apparently tried to get out of trouble for by the proven method of two-fisting benzos meth and ketamine until they'd decide he was retarded, apparently we all must choose between finding this man comical and desiring that he not assassinate a politician under the highly comedy-understanding regime of a bunch of oldgbs as gently caress posters with Opinions About FYAD

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 13, 2014

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
Thanks for puttinfg your dissertation on why pedos are our gropy friends in the correct thread

Sexgun Rasputin posted:

who are you callin mushmouth goddamn

jk i love you tbcp but that's one hell of a paragraph

lol yeah fair

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I'm from the st. stephens boys choir and I say kill em all

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

Y-Hat posted:

what's wrong with taking money from goons

didn't do it in a way that goons could pretend to be in on the joke of them getting hustled and finding it very droll

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

CharlestonJew posted:

also ArbitraryC beat his girlfriend with a Nintendo Gamecube so take everything he says with a grain of salt

Finally I understand the purpose of the handle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

hofnar posted:

sweet we're done arguing about drugs and video games

anyone have a link for the dude who cooked in the car

here although I do not have the extremely epic and radical phenazepam thread that preceded it; this should be understood as though it were the final book in a trilogy

-- thatdamnjew's widow

Tubgirl Cosplay fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread