Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Reserved for future use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'd be stunned to find out this "sorry" that you feel is the normal human emotion and not some malformed mental process you happen to assign to the word

I can hear ebola-chan knocking on your door right now man I know it's "cool" to be a renegade and all but sometimes you just gotta be safe.

antisocial democrat
Mar 28, 2007

I am a sick man... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased.
i dont care that much about ebola except as kind of an interesting story to read about. im sorry. soz.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Donated $500.

edit: not a troll post, unlike the retard under mine http://i.imgur.com/CXettQ6.jpg

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 13, 2014

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I donated a billion dollarsx op update the op please to reflect this

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sether01 posted:

what are the upsides for giving money to cure ebola in west africa, and what are the downsides
Upside: you may feel better for donating, it could possibly help someone

Downside: some places are too far gone to save, some have corrupt governments loving it up. But MSF kind of specializes in lovely situations like that.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

In the middle of paychecks so I can't open my wallet yet, but will donate this Friday once I get paid. The amount of Americans who don't give a single gently caress about the suffering going on in Africa is disgusting.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't give a single gently caress about the suffering going on ion Africa.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
:twisted::unsmigghh:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Cuckoo posted:

In the middle of paychecks so I can't open my wallet yet, but will donate this Friday once I get paid. The amount of Americans who don't give a single gently caress about the suffering going on in Africa is disgusting.

i dunno man, it just seems like a waste of money since 50% of them are gonna die anyway

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Cuckoo posted:

The amount of Americans who don't give a single gently caress about the suffering going on in Africa is probably no more and no less than the amount of Americans who didn't give a gently caress before this outbreak. Hell, maybe Ebola has even convinced a few people to open their wallets who wouldn't have donated when Africa's big health problems were "only" malaria and HIV, even if they're only doing so out of self interest.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

OK. I donated $50 USD to MSF last week, and just did another $25. Please add both to the goon total!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Cuckoo posted:

Dude, if you don't have a spare twenty bucks one week out from payday, you shouldn't be donating money.

Get your loving finances in order dude.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I don't give a single gently caress about the suffering going on ion Africa.
Neither do a majority of people. Especially a few months ago, before we started getting people fleeing West Africa to the USA and a rapid response would have contained the problem.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I donated $100 but I would like it registered as 100 small good deeds rather than one big one for tax purposes TIA

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Dude, if you don't have a spare twenty bucks one week out from payday, you shouldn't be donating money.

Get your loving finances in order dude.
Nah man how else is he gonna feel better about himself compared to people like me who don't give a single gently caress about what's hpaenning in Africa right now?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Nah man how else is he gonna feel better about himself compared to people like me who don't give a single gently caress about what's hpaenning in Africa right now?
Hope you live out in the country somewhere, and away from any churches or other groups that may do outreach to West Africa. I'm near a city airport, so I'm basically waiting for someone to step up and hoping I dodge the unlucky lottery.

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011
Add 500 euros to the count.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Good on those of you donating. Especially such large sums. Wish I could match em but I'm unfortunately not full time employed and on a tight student budget of debt.

I don't know if our donations will do much but if it saves a life then we've done a good job. Assuming that life isn't Hitler. If it is at least we'll have jokes in the next 30 years to make about them.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey OP add $420.69 to the donated total. I didn't actually donate that amount (or any money for that matter) but it's a combination of the two funny numbers (the weed number and the sex number) and it makes me laugh.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I donated lots of money then realized that it didn't do anything except drain my bank account gg charities

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

is this the thread where i can post screenshots of my MSF donations???

because i don't actually care about west africans i just want people to acknowledge how empathetic and worldly i am

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

look at me! look at me!

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears
I donate thoughts and prayers and three white blood cells.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
didnt donate anything and spent the money on a bitchin jacket, sorry africa

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
I'm not donating anything. I hope they all die.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
africans LIKE having ebola

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Durrr I am african. I gently caress and eat monkeys.durr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mastervj
Feb 25, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Before I donate, I want an assurance that MSF will not use my donation to fund the production of a nuclear equipped bipedal walking tank.

I don't get it. Wouldn't be that a reason to give them even more money?

(MSF are cool: go give them :10bux:)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

tetsuo posted:

Donated $500.

edit: not a troll post, unlike the retard under mine http://i.imgur.com/CXettQ6.jpg

Matching this, plus donating 30% of Yourfinancetracker profits each month until this gets under control

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 13, 2014

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
How much does it cost to sticky something? This topic should get more notice.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Freakbox posted:

How much does it cost to sticky something? This topic should get more notice.

I think it be better to donate that money to charity

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Is there a charity that donates vests/helmets to the MSF et al? Since Liberians and CAR seem to love using them as target practice. Or maybe a fund established to hire someone to give them cover while they try to save lives.

Dead serious here. MSF are an amazing organization and I'd gladly donate to keep them safe.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Man it would suck having to wear bullet proof vests under tyvek suits while working with Ebola patients all day.

Anyway, our donations doubled over night; can we double it again today? This would be the good kind of exponential growth.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
Can't I just give money to random African dictators and Debeers?

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009
Ebola is a good way to thin out the population resulting in a stronger populace of people more inclined to post 'i love you ebola-chan'

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Hey OP, I'd be glad to donate a couple hundred if there was more info about where my money was going. Is there a way I can donate to help the Ebola victims in Spain and America instead of africa? :)

Steampunk iPhone fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 13, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
MSF has been vetted so either donate or dont

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Doctors Without Borders uses funds where needed most but I think you can request your donation be earmarked for specific use (no guarantee though). Maybe research specific charities in those countries/areas affected? Religious organizations tend to get specific, too.

$10 donated to DWB/MSF despite my broke college student status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

tetsuo posted:

Donated $500.

woah

• Locked thread