Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012

The season is still in its infancy, and there are many intriguing questions waiting to be answered:

1) Is Tampa Bay the real deal?
2) Will the Avalanche ever score a goal?
3) How long until Buffalo wins its first game?
4) How long will it take VJeff to fulfill his toxx?

Tune in to find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Did they monkey with the GCL web UI again? It doesn't look like I remember it looking ..

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
4am start time, but there might be an avalanche goal, so totally worth it...right?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Bruins are pretty much the Devils with talent. Eerie how similar Julien and DeBoer's systems are - especially on the forecheck.

Colorado is getting destroyed here, they better wake up soon.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

bibz posted:

4am start time, but there might be an avalanche goal, so totally worth it...right?

Australian? I have no idea what I'm doing up either. :v:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh yeah, American political ads.. How I missed you.

bibz
Jan 29, 2004

Krigen posted:

Australian? I have no idea what I'm doing up either. :v:

Yup! I thought it was starting at 3, guess US daylight savings hasn't finished

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
That was crazy good maneuvering by DuShane.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

The Bruins are pretty much the Devils with talent. Eerie how similar Julien and DeBoer's systems are - especially on the forecheck.

Colorado is getting destroyed here, they better wake up soon.

I really wonder what happened with Julien, because I agree. Boston definitely is more physical and heavy than the Devils and they can wear teams down more. Devils have a little more speed. Schneider and Rask are both world class goalies.

Every time I see Gabriel Landeskog play I wish he would've fallen to us instead of picking Larsson. That guy just always knows where to be on the ice and he's always working his balls off. I love him as a player.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: The Colorado Avalanche have scored a hockey goal in THSOOL 2014-15 :siren:

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
YES!!! Take THAT not scoring until November

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Colorado score! The world is ending!

Right between the 5-hole too on a nothing shot.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Duchene and MacKinnon are so sick. The Avs' young core of forwards is really amazing, it sucks that they can't get an OK defense together. Except for Tyson Barrie, he's really underrated and kicks rear end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Duchene and MacKinnon are so sick. The Avs' young core of forwards is really amazing, it sucks that they can't get an OK defense together. Except for Tyson Barrie, he's really underrated and kicks rear end.

Do the Avs still have Nate Guenin and Nick Holden as Top 6 D? Because they couldn't make the 2010-11 CBJ defensive corps.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
The Bruins forgot how to play hockey in the offseason.

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
Mackinnon has really worked on his strength, he really doesn't look like a kid out there. Duchene has picked up where he left off from that late season injury. Once these guys get more comfortable with the new lineups I think they'll return to the scoresheet more often. Lande, Dutchy, Mackinnon and OReilly really make for a fun team to watch except against Minnesota obviously.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Bruins have killed my buzz

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Boo Boston. :(

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:woop: B's score!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lol at Hejda doing the superman dive across Berra.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm not sure about 1) op

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

On a note unrelated to hockey, it's been a while since I was in the states but when the hell did Dairy Queen start calling itself DQ?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008

Krigen posted:

On a note unrelated to hockey, it's been a while since I was in the states but when the hell did Dairy Queen start calling itself DQ?

Couple years now. at least 2011.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
Within the last 8 years or so I think

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
fights are more entertaining when jack edwards calls them

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm not sure about 1) op

yeah me either

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh Paille, you know you don't have the skill for that.

bibz
Jan 29, 2004
P sure Jack Edwards gets paid per 'zone time' or 'choppy strides' mention

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bibz posted:

P sure Jack Edwards gets paid per 'zone time' or 'choppy strides' mention

The zone time thing is a new gimmick this year on the broadcast so he has to keep name dropping it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

OptimusShr posted:

The Bruins forgot how to play hockey in the offseason.

It is going to be so annoying when they tank the season and get McDavid

E: this game sucks, why can't there be a better one on?

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 13, 2014

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I feel like I've watched a lot of holiday afternoon Bruins games and they're almost always boring and slow-paced.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

Koopa Kid posted:

I feel like I've watched a lot of holiday afternoon Bruins games and they're almost always boring and slow-paced.

This is accurate

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Koopa Kid posted:

That's just day games, really. AHL teams play 11AM games that are always an advantage for the home team

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
Man the Av's are great at man on man coverage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Bruins nooo

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
Hockey is dumb this year, i dont even like it, its really dumb

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

whoh, thats a little weird

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So I guess that means the refs had already blown it dead, and so can't reverse it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hahaha that didn't count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

whatever I'll take it

• Locked thread