Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
There will be flashbacks.
http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/game-of-thrones-flashbacks-next-seasons-got.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I wonder if there's more than just the one Cersei flashback and what other events we might see. Tower of Joy would be awesome but hard to do without bringing Sean Bean back.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

JT Jag posted:

Maybe he maintains his appearance by having a fantastic diet, despite being sedentary.
This Dornishman lost 15 pounds in one week with one simple trick. Click here to find out how he did it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wonder if there's more than just the one Cersei flashback and what other events we might see. Tower of Joy would be awesome but hard to do without bringing Sean Bean back.

Just do what they did at the start of Space Cowboys: cast a 20-something guy who looks enough like Sean Bean and then dub his voice over in an incredibly off-putting manner. Problem solved.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

ahaha oh god

ahaha oh lord ahaha, haha, wow, hahaha my goodness, haha *inhales deeply* buwaha haha hoooo boy haha jeez louise! hahaha

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

JT Jag posted:

Joanna was Tywin's cousin, remember? A trueborn Lannister in her own right. Tyrion killed her coming into the world. Tywin might hate him, might even doubt Tyrion is his own son. But he's the last thing his beloved Joanna left to this world... And sentimentality aside, he's a Lannister, no matter what.

Think about what we know about Tywin. About his defining characteristics, which were in a way also his fatal flaws: his pride, his need to protect the family legacy and the love he bore his wife. Of course he would've raised Tyrion regardless.

Yeah, but if it WERE true, the Jon Snow could be the Valonquar.
:350:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Interesting to see Jaime and Bronn in some kind of desert traveller outfits! Wonder what's going on there?

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I like Jaime's going native outfit

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

Spun Dog posted:

Yeah, but if it WERE true, the Jon Snow could be the Valonquar.

Jon is rhaegar's kid not aerys'.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

In It For The Tank posted:

Also, how would it work? *LOST wooshing sound effect*? Cold opens?

"TWENTY YEARS AGO..."

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
They don't really need to do any THIS IS A FLASHBACK YOU GUYS technique, Breaking Bad didn't shout it at you and you figured it out quickly enough. And honestly, if there's a little blonde girl running around in a Lannister-coloured dress and someone calls her Cersei, it doesn't really take a genius to figure out what's going on. Especially if the scene ends and immediately cuts to a shot of Lena Headey deep in thought.

That said, I still remember the goon who was so busy posting :asoiaf::supaburn: reaction posts he didn't know who killed Ros. Despite "Joffrey wields crossbow while grinning sadistically" panning immediately to "Ros is dead, hanging from the ceiling with a bunch of crossbow bolts in her torso"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

colonel_korn posted:

ahaha oh god

This show is gonna fall the gently caress apart without source material, isn't it?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

PostNouveau posted:

This show is gonna fall the gently caress apart without source material, isn't it?

TBH the show benefits from having book source material and show writers. The show diverged from season 1 onwards, it's not a book adaptation anymore. The show can go into loving space for all I care.

Doran is Aegon 'Egg' in disguise.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I think we should wait for some context, because if you said Tyrion breaks out of jail, kills his girlfriend and after that kills his dad while hes taking a poo poo or saying Theon worships the man who chopped his cock off and flayed his toes you would think it is retarded.

BillBear fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 17, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BillBear posted:

I think we should wait for some context, because if you said Tyrion breaks out of jail, kills his girlfriend and after that kills his dad while hes taking a poo poo you'll think its retarded.
My first thought on reading that sentence is that Tyrion is sitting on the shitter while nonchalantly killing Tywin which is sort of a cool mental picture.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

My first thought on reading that sentence is that Tyrion is sitting on the shitter while nonchalantly killing Tywin which is sort of a cool mental picture.

MrBims' poorly-worded red title text seems to be implying that Tyrion killed both Shae and Tywin from the toilet, which is even cooler. :black101:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, of Lost and Thor: The Dark World fame, has signed on to a role in the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, not much has been revealed about the actor's place on the HBO show, but it is said that the actor's character isn't in the books and goes by the name of Malko.

(Lost)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Red priest? Moqorro stand-in?

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Maybe he's an summer islander who fights in the pits.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
gently caress yeah, Triple-A is awesome.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Red priest? Moqorro stand-in?
This is my first guess.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I hope he wears the same hat Adebisi wore in Oz.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Holy gently caress I didn't even realize it was Adebisi's actor, now I am really looking forward to seeing who they put him as.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

MrBims posted:

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, of Lost and Thor: The Dark World fame, has signed on to a role in the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones.

He would be such a goddamn good Moqorro.

Or Strong Belwas.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Huell's actor from BB would be better for Belwas, Adewale is way too small. Then again D&D made the yellow whale skinny so who knows.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BillBear posted:

Huell's actor from BB would be better for Belwas, Adewale is way too small. Then again D&D made the yellow whale skinny so who knows.

He's a good physical match, but Huell was just so understated in demeanor and Belwas is so over-the-top that I can't really imagine him actually playing the part.

Triple-A is big enough to be a generic pit fighter, though, which means he could end up as a Belwas standin -- somebody gotta eat dem locusts.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Adebisi would loving own as Moqorro

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Adebisi lives.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Rannos22 posted:

Jon is rhaegar's kid not aerys'.

Oh well. Nevermind then.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Nipples on Breastplate: confirmed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ballz posted:

Nipples on Breastplate: confirmed

Still waiting on neeps and nuncles. :colbert:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Updated the OP to include AAA.

Bonus question:

How quickly would Stannis win the War of the Five Kings if Moqorro had come to him instead of Melisandre?

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Bonus question:

How quickly would Stannis win the War of the Five Kings if Moqorro had come to him instead of Melisandre?
That depends, is Moqorro capable of producing vagina babies?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
What episode was it that had no Starks in it?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Frostwerks posted:

What episode was it that had no Starks in it

The Laws of Gods and Men (Season 4, Episode 6)

Technically, The Watchers on the Wall (Season 4, Episode 9) doesn't either. Jon Snow, quite famously, is not a Stark.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I rewatched S4E6 last night, I hope they do more cool poo poo like the Waiting for Godot shoutout with the Hound and Arya. Have there been any other nods to literature in the show that I've missed? That scene just screamed at me.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm upset we will never see Heuell as Fat Belwas. That would have been amazing, if terrible.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This article mentions another new addition: http://winteriscoming.net/2014/10/17/two-new-characters-cast-game-thrones-lost-misfits/

quote:

A few weeks ago, we mentioned a casting call for a character named Clea, a young prostitute who would have a conversation would Tyrion. A reliable but as-yet-unconfirmed source has placed Welsh actress Gwyneth Keyworth in that small role.

Keyworth has had a few roles in British film, television, and theater, and recently graduated from RADA, the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. I know her best from her role as Marnie an adorable, profane young pregnant woman in the Season 2 finale of Misfits.

I would guess some kind of reworking of the "where do whores go" scene.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bonus question:

I find it very unlikely that this guy is going to be a Moqorro stand-in seeing as how Victarion is probably cut. My money's still on Belwas stand-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

They still have to find some way to make Tyrion hate Jaime and make him willing to kill Tommen, other wise he would never side with Dany because she's totally going to kill them.

• Locked thread