Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I have never seen any convincing evidence that the so called country of "Portugal" exists. It is a myth that no one wants to falsify because it is imperative to the powers that be as a form of social control. Wake up and realize that there is zero evidence for this place's existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I once knew a portugese men, he was a pretty silent dude who never talked much. Always suspected there was something going on.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I live in Europe and can confirm this

Walking westwards from Madrid I saw nothing but Spain until I reached the ocean

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
PORTUG looks like a pretty poo poo place it's no PORTUGAL

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
that's not portugal, that's portug, also known as that thing you do alone every evening

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

:rolleyes: do you believe in this too?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

do you think the guy who mows the lawn in PORTUG just mows right up to the line? do you think he ever mows a little on the other side "just to be sure"?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
There is a spectre haunting our society, the spectre of goddamn filthy hippies and I, Harime Nui, won't have it

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A lot of people say to me, "Smoking Crow, what about Magellan? He was Portuguese." Have you noticed that no one has ever found any physical evidence for him? Isn't it convenient that he "died in a mutiny" in the Pacific Ocean? When will the powers that be produce the Victoria?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
somebody tell this to Angola, Brazil, East Timor, Guinea-Bisseau, and Moçambique so they can get their mass hallucinations checked out

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Portuguese is a made-up language that some wise-cracking Spaniard made as a goof, that's why it sounds so ridiculous. Someone taught it to the Indians in Brazil just to gently caress with them, and then a couple hundred years later Brazil is a rising world power speaking a silly joke language. Be careful with your jokes, is the moral of the story probably, I don't know.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

John Denver Hoxha posted:

somebody tell this to Angola, Brazil, East Timor, Guinea-Bisseau, and Moçambique so they can get their mass hallucinations checked out

A lot of people believe in ghosts as well. Great argumentum ad populum bro.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Costello Jello posted:

Portuguese is a made-up language that some wise-cracking Spaniard made as a goof, that's why it sounds so ridiculous. Someone taught it to the Indians in Brazil just to gently caress with them, and then a couple hundred years later Brazil is a rising world power speaking a silly joke language. Be careful with your jokes, is the moral of the story probably, I don't know.
I believe this with all of my heart.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

fuuu

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I've met a lot of people who claimed to be from Portugal, but they all lived in Toronto.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

If Portugal does not exist then who else is responsible for the worst language ever spoken?

Edit:

Costello Jello posted:

Oh look. Someone beat me to it. It's such a ridiculous language.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 13, 2014

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I went on holiday to portugal this summer.

Although when we got on the plane it was made of cardboard and they just wheeled us into a warehouse and gave us a lot of drugs and then two weeks later I turned up at home naked, so maybe the OP is on to something.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
For most of its civilized history the Iberia peninsula was ruled by either Spaniards or Muslims so I'm like where the gently caress did this Portugal nonsense come from?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Human Crouton posted:

If Portugal does not exist then who else is responsible for the worst language ever spoken?

the worst language is either thai or vietnamese

Also, Tolkien invented numerous languages. Could it be that a group of interested individuals took earlier works and languages before coalescing them into a single language designed to look real?

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 13, 2014

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

portuegese was esperanto beta

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

nomadologique posted:

portuegese was esperanto beta

Esperanto has a lot of Slavic influence, so it doesn't match up with the "Romantic language."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yea duh in beta they figured out they needed more slavic to balance out the ui

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I was in Macao and they speak some Portuguese there. Could this while "Portugal" thing be an insidious Chinese plot to infiltrate the EU?!

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

I like listening to big, tough mma fighters from Brazil speak their silly made-up language, because they sound like a flaming gay Spaniard humming a kazoo.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

you mean i dated a filthy spaniard midget!?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Christiano Ronaldo. Portugese footballer. Allegedly.

And yet he plays in Spain, for a Spanish club!

Wake up sheeple!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I thought I lived in Portugal but gently caress, now I'm not sure.

Also this never happened.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Camoes posted:

I thought I lived in Portugal but gently caress, now I'm not sure.

is this where you live?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

are your roads really that sad? :(

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

nomadologique posted:

is this where you live?

That does look like my car.

nomadologique posted:

are your roads really that sad? :(

Not anymore, with EU money, we have three lane highways with no use at all.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
If Portugal does not exist, how do you explain the glory that is Sumol, the only refreshing beverage that will make your vitality soar like on the wings of an eagle?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol i remember going to greece for the first time and driving on the highways and feeling so superior

"this is what you call highways?"

ho ho ho

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Camoes posted:

That does look like my car.

Not anymore, with EU money, we have three lane highways with no use at all.

Two of the three lanes go out of the country, and they were real busy for the first two weeks the roads opened.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

How did the country of Spain not eat Portugal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

is portugal just an artifact due to low res mapping on apple IIs?

• Locked thread