Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
if you think portugal is real then HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN 9/11????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

opus111 posted:

I snogged a babe in Portugal.

Brit with an imaginary girlfriend spotted.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
At first I was all "what about Deco he was really good wasn't he from Portugal" but then it turns out he was always from Brazil and now I'm starting to see where the OP's coming from

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Maybe Portugal is that big garbage pile off in the ocean just up and floated away.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

opus111 posted:

I snogged a babe in Portugal.

More evidence against Portugal being real, IMO.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cool road. well half of it

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
ruled for 40 years by a character plagiarized from the harry potter series of young adult fantasy novels

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
People keep talking about these "Portugals." But, have you ever actually seen one?...

Yeah.. I didn't think so..

wit
Jul 26, 2011

MaliciousBiz posted:

People keep talking about these "Portugals." But, have you ever actually seen one?...

Yeah.. I didn't think so..
I have. Or so they say. The only people who speak the made up language outside of europe are nazis hiding out in south america. So I'm pretty sure Portugal was invented just after WW2 by nazis escaping justice by inventing a bullshit nationality.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've been there and confirm its existence. Also it has a big brazil open armed jesus.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Ramsus posted:

I've been there and confirm its existence. Also it has a big brazil open armed jesus.

That's wasn't Portugal, that was Kevin Smith's Dogma.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I always see plenty of Spaniards everywhere, Spanish exchange students, Spanish food, Spanish football players. But Portugese? Only in history books. Maybe they existed at some point but not any more? Like mammoths or sabertooth tigers?

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
I have a globe that says it does why would it lie to me?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

proof of concept posted:

At first I was all "what about Deco he was really good wasn't he from Portugal" but then it turns out he was always from Brazil and now I'm starting to see where the OP's coming from

But what about Pepe? Ahah noob I got you now!

Edit - Oh wait, poo poo

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

lilljonas posted:

I always see plenty of Spaniards everywhere, Spanish exchange students, Spanish food, Spanish football players. But Portugese? Only in history books. Maybe they existed at some point but not any more? Like mammoths or sabertooth tigers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=christiano+ronaldo

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I don't believe you're real either OP.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My cousin called me up a couple of hours ago, he was really excited and saying that he had found proof that portugal existed. He asked me to meet him at a nearby library at noon. I've been worried about his mental health lately but I think this is the final straw.

BethelBAR
Apr 17, 2008

by Cowcaster
It once existed, but it drowned under a sea of saliva as every spaniard tried to pronounce a word with several "S"s and unleashed a torrent of camp lisping.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Spain is a much better country than Portugal. In their effort to combat homophobia they made lisp an integral part of their language so that homos could go around undetected.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Yesterday someone said to me, "But haven't you read the news? Portugal legalized all drugs." Pfft. What country would be stupid enough to do that? You'd have an easier time trying to convince me that unicorns exist.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

Spain is a much better country than Portugal. In their effort to combat homophobia they made lisp an integral part of their language so that homos could go around undetected.

:wow:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I've worked with several Portuguese people they really do exist.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

concerned mom posted:

I've worked with several Portuguese people they really do exist.

Great anecdotal evidence :rolleyes:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Do you have any other explanation for a word like "guisantes" when the latin source was "ervilia"? :gay: It's either that or they just enjoy spiting all over the place.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I got a blow job from a French girl in Lisbon. That was cool. Portugal is cool.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
A bunch of Spaniards perpetuating the myth of Portugal to feel better about themselves ITT

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Defiant Sally posted:

eh, that's pretty cool, congratz dude.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Defiant Sally posted:

Did a goblin take video as well?

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Maybe I'll take a trip down the old south american way and see for myself if it's really there or not.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Costello Jello posted:

This is supposed to be a picture of Portugal. Looks fake as poo poo, imo.

This was clearly taken inside a building.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Anyone who claims to be Portuguese is actually a retarded Spaniard who is tricked into it by their ashamed Spanish brothers.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Smoking Crow posted:

the worst language is either thai or vietnamese

Vietnamese. It sounds like someone running low-quality gas through a lovely weedeater.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
I knew someone who was studying Portugese, but then he disappeared....spooky....

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I was gonna say I once went to Portugal, but thinking about it, I didn't actually fly the plane myself. So those pilots could have dropped me off wherever they wanted. And I didn't notice because all I did was drink stuff while sitting in the sun :tinfoil:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

drilldo squirt posted:

Anyone who claims to be Portuguese is actually a retarded Spaniard who is tricked into it by their ashamed Spanish brothers.

You'd expect the spanish would easily corner the world market for vinegar what with all the sour grapes but they couldn't even get that right. :spain:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Portugal is a very real place you idiots. In 1887 the Portuguese government, sickened with constant likening to being dirty Spaniards began the process of shearing Portugal off from mainland Europe and striking sail to open sea.

Ever since the country has sailed the oceans flying pirate colours and taking whatever or whomever they want as they pass.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Nutsngum posted:

Portugal is a very real place you idiots. In 1887 the Portuguese government, sickened with constant likening to being dirty Spaniards began the process of shearing Portugal off from mainland Europe and striking sail to open sea.

Ever since the country has sailed the oceans flying pirate colours and taking whatever or whomever they want as they pass.

No, because that would mean that Portugal once existed.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Smoking Crow posted:

No, because that would mean that Portugal once existed.

Rather than trying to maintain this fiction you should start asking the important questions "how do we make Portugal not exist in the future".

I'm in favor of an ebola epidemic followed by nuclear sterilization but if anyone has a more practical idea...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

"But for good men to do evil things, that takes belief in Portugal." -Neil Degrasse Tyson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
There's supposedly a language called Portuguese, but just like the language of Joseph Smith's Golden Plates, nobody can actually read it, and it's believed to just be a substitution cypher for Spanish.

• Locked thread