Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

cupachabra posted:

Posting in this thread. Hello thread.

hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

oh wow, it's tanners <3

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

TehKeen posted:

oh wow, it's tanners <3

hello

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IM ALWAYS ONLINE just not when you are

staguar
Aug 29, 2004
who do I need to talk to about a guild invite? Is there any one class that is needed above others?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

staguar posted:

who do I need to talk to about a guild invite? Is there any one class that is needed above others?

Play whatever you want, fo rizzle dog. I suppose the classes we don't need too much are like boomkins and other super unique specs.

If you are gonna put in the time baby and get stacked with gear then go for tanking if you want. Otherwise w/e you want dog. Roll a mage, roll a warlock, roll a rogue yo. 's'all cool.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

staguar posted:

RESTO DRUID PLEASE.

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.

staguar posted:

Or another DK or Pally tank.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

SHISHKABOB posted:

Play whatever you want, fo rizzle dog. I suppose the classes we don't need too much are like boomkins and other super unique specs.

If you are gonna put in the time baby and get stacked with gear then go for tanking if you want. Otherwise w/e you want dog. Roll a mage, roll a warlock, roll a rogue yo. 's'all cool.

Please roll a rogue. As im the only one playing in the guild atm. Please. Ty.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
On that note, I finally got a solid wired connection to my desktop (a lot faster then I had previously actually), so the rogue position might be full again soon. I'll try to get on some in the next week, maybe catch the raid if I can. I still can't be positive though so remain calm, especially you shish.

All daggers and darkmoon:greatness cards can be forwarded to my mailbox, tia.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

In as Heliotropia the anime wizard girl! :v:

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

staguar posted:

We need people who show up to raids more than anything right now. We have a few underrepresented classes in our raids, but we've managed to cover most of the bases in regards to getting all the important raid-wide buffs. Playing and gearing a class for multiple roles (healer, tank, dps) does make it easier for us to create a functional raid. If all you want to do is dps; though, then by all means do that.

Play a class that you're not going to get tired of levelling. The grind from 70-80 is kind of jarring compared to the previous levels, but once you get through that we'll do our best to get you ready for Ulduar.

Edit: I feel like this should also be in the OP, because it tends to get asked every couple of pages and the answer has always been the same.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Sorry for the doublepost but :siren: we're doing Ulduar 10 tonight at 7 Est. Make sure you're on if you want a shot at a spot. :siren:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

saltylopez posted:

We need people who show up to raids more than anything right now. We have a few underrepresented classes in our raids, but we've managed to cover most of the bases in regards to getting all the important raid-wide buffs. Playing and gearing a class for multiple roles (healer, tank, dps) does make it easier for us to create a functional raid. If all you want to do is dps; though, then by all means do that.

Play a class that you're not going to get tired of levelling. The grind from 70-80 is kind of jarring compared to the previous levels, but once you get through that we'll do our best to get you ready for Ulduar.

Edit: I feel like this should also be in the OP, because it tends to get asked every couple of pages and the answer has always been the same.

I will but in my previous experience nobody ever reads the OP so lets see how it goes

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
op needs more pictures to keep attention not my fault

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
On my way back from class, might be a little late.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Having connection problems. Going to restart computer. Might be a few minutes cause it's a piece of crap.

Grimpond
Dec 24, 2013

anyone else get booted from the game? I'm getting connection errors

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I have added events to the calendar on our site finally! Officers have the password, so ask them for help if you want to make an event.
Unfortunately, there is no attendance tracking at the moment and clicking the events will bring up Google.

Monday's Ulduar has been posted! Check it out at http://AlgalonsTopGuild.com/

EDIT:
Why is our glorious website not in the OP?

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 17, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Is the quest scripting pretty solid if say, a person were a nostalgic loser who just wanted to level a character through pre-cata Azeroth one last time

Uh asking for a friend obviously

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The vast majority of quests are fine, and most of the bugged ones can be fixed by simply dropping and re-taking the quest. They also have a bug tracker if you're unsure if a quest is bugged or not. The only problem ones I've encountered so far are the last DK quest before you get into Azeroth proper, where the event can sometimes bug and take an hour+ to respawn for another attempt, and the start of a quest chain in Howling Fjord that just plain doesn't work.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Torka posted:

Is the quest scripting pretty solid if say, a person were a nostalgic loser who just wanted to level a character through pre-cata Azeroth one last time

Old world Azeroth was near perfect when I leveled through it. In the entire 1-58 experience I only encountered a handful of uncompletable quests.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
So last night was aggravating. There were people getting pretty seriously on my nerves, both in raid and out.

If someone else wants to schedule 10-mans they're more than welcome to, cause I'm done leading them for the time being.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 17, 2014

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Torka posted:

Take this with a grain of salt 'cause I'm only lv 12, but so far I'm really happy with this experience. I played on both Rebirth and Emerald Dream (the vanilla 1.12 x1 servers), and this is better in every conceivable way. The only hiccups I've encountered are a few mobs clipping through the ground and a single quest that seemed to complete on its own. There's no lag, and the client runs silky-smooth for me with everything maxed (unlike the Vanilla servers which were inexplicably jerky). Plus it's Wrath with all of the little quality-of-life aspects that were absent from vanilla-sans-addons, and big-rear end talent trees where pretty much everything is useful. The dungeon finder isn't working yet but I guess they're saving it for when ICC is opened?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

saltylopez posted:

So last night was aggravating. There were people getting pretty seriously on my nerves, both in raid and out.

If someone else wants to schedule 10-mans they're more than welcome to, cause I'm done leading them for the time being.

What was the problem? Too many people and not enough raid spots? I want to get in on some sweet 10 man action but I can really only do Tuesday and Wednesday and even then not as consistently as I can on Monday.

Plus I am a lowly dps and not Paramount to the raids success.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sorry for being an rear end last night.

I'm actually free to raid any day, so for goons that find the current schedule inconvenient we can set up alternate raid days so everyone has a chance to get in on 10-mans.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
You were pretty mild last night. I understood your complaint, I just could have done without the "You brought HIM" type comments. You acted more maturely than some people who were also sat out. The raid team we had last night was by no means optimized and we wiped a TON on poo poo we shouldn't have, so it's not as if I was excluding people specifically to squeeze every last bit of dps out of the raid.

Progressing in 25 man is my goal, so having drama over 10 man is extremely frustrating to me because 10 man should just be practice. This combined with stuff that came up within the raid made for an annoying night.

As Phoebos suggested, I encourage people to do alternate raid nights for 10 mans. It may be a good idea to have preset 8-10 man teams for specific nights if people want to do them every week. Then the remaining spots can be filled with alts or people not on the team (or, god forbid, pugs). This is going to require more tanks though. At the moment I believe we only have 3 (maybe 2 after last night) who could MT Ulduar. More healers with geared dps offspecs would be great too. I wasn't kidding months ago when I said people should still be running Naxx pugs to fill in their offspec gear slots.

Maybe I spoke too soon saying I won't run a 10 man for a while, but last night was just draining and not much fun.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 17, 2014

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

saltylopez posted:

You were pretty mild last night. I understood your complaint, I just could have done without the "You brought HIM" type comments. You acted more maturely than some people who were also sat out. The raid team we had last night was by no means optimized and we wiped a TON on poo poo we shouldn't have, so it's not as if I was excluding people specifically to squeeze every last bit of dps out of my raid.

Well, when someone mentioned the non-guild member, I didn't realize they were talking about Dab :sweatdrop:

EDIT: I'd be willing to lead a raid, but I need to figure out how to get my mike to work on mumble.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

I wasn't kidding months ago when I said people should still be running Naxx pugs to fill in their offspec gear slots.

The issue is that Naxx is so over tuned that it is still impossible to down more then 5 or 6 of the bosses.

I wish they would set it to normal now that Ulduar is out. Not only would it be PUGable but we could fly fresh 80s through it as well. What we need is an internet petition :spergin:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frostshock the spreadsheet thing doesn't work i'm trying to create a event

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am running a ULDUAR 10 M THIS SUNDAY AT 8 EST. It is purely for FUN ONLY dont be a idiot and take the game seriously i dont even care if we dont kill one boss sign up here cuz frostshock didnt give me the password

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is NOT a weekly thing because i am leaving for Florida right after for 2 weeks then whe ni get back i can start raiding again with my best friends in 25m

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fixinz log on and promote me again but don't tell tanners he a dork

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok i promoted u

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Suran37 posted:

The issue is that Naxx is so over tuned that it is still impossible to down more then 5 or 6 of the bosses.

I wish they would set it to normal now that Ulduar is out. Not only would it be PUGable but we could fly fresh 80s through it as well. What we need is an internet petition :spergin:

Naxx seems pretty alright to me. I haven't had any problem in pugs outside of Heigan, Gothik and Thaddius.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I like WotLK. In as Stillborn.

high six
Feb 6, 2010

SirPhoebos posted:

Well, when someone mentioned the non-guild member, I didn't realize they were talking about Dab :sweatdrop:

I am a guild member you nerdy goons! I just can't be in the guild on Dab for appearances, we need that token pubbie in 10 man raids.

LotionMan
Nov 1, 2004
Shut up, or I'll give you a nasty rash !
in as Jotun, I have too much free time

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I'm going to have to demote myself to shitlord status. I started playing hockey again and have less time to work and study now. I'm getting shifts on monday but hopefully I'll be able to raid every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess fixins fun fest is canceled cuz no one sign up :(

• Locked thread