Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm signed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

I guess fixins fun fest is canceled cuz no one sign up :(

Not that I can come, but how do you sign up? When I click the event my browser redirects to the Google main page.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

saltylopez posted:

Not that I can come, but how do you sign up? When I click the event my browser redirects to the Google main page.

Same, except I actually will be able to show up.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

saltylopez posted:

I haven't implemented sign-ups yet, I'll probably get lazy and just do google forms or something.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
o i thought we were signing up here

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Log on tonight at 7 Est for Ulduar 25. Help us wipe a bunch at Kologarn! :iit:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Please kill the right arm (that is actually on our left) a lot. Also, leave the baby spice at home.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

sirtommygunn posted:

Please kill the right arm (that is actually on our left) a lot. Also, leave the baby spice at home.

baby spice never hurt anybody

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey guys I'll totes be there tonight but I just discovered that today is the 20th and I have a programming assignment due at midnight so I'll show up at like 7 or maybe a TOUCH after.

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
How do you guys feel about moving away from the goon mumble? It kind of sucks when we have good pugs that we can't bring onto voice chat.

EDIT: I already have a 10 man vent, and It's very little to up the slots to 20 or 25 man. I believe in Brown Town.

the.pope fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 21, 2014

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I'd be fine with that.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Good Kologarn attempts yesterday. We were probably just a good healer short of downing him.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Definitely. Despite the troubles we were having last night, I was happy with our progress on Kologarn. Healers especially were busting rear end last night, considering we only had 5 for most fights.

Officers are going to start paying a bit more attention to meters in an attempt to pull folks aside privately and give assistance and advice.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Reminder to newcomers who are still leveling: we want you to reach level 80 just as fast as you do, so don't be shy about asking for help.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR RAID JUST NEEDED A LITTLE FIXINS

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
yes

it did

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
You guys need a Paladin tank???

Yeah you guys need a Paladin tank.

DERPIES

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
We do actually need a paladin tank.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

We need tanks and healers and dps.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
On request, here's the link to download NeedtoKnow:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/need-to-know/450521

To track buffs or debuffs you setup a bank of bars. Right click a bar, then "Choose buff/debuff to time" and enter the exact name of the buff or debuff. For example, on my bear druid, i would want to track "Faerie Fire (Feral)" but not "Faerie Fire." Next, right click the bar again and click on "Bar Type" and set it to buff or debuff depending on what you're tracking. Next click "Debuff Settings" then "Unit to Monitor" and set it to which unit you are tracking. A buff would probably track the player and a debuff most likely the target, for example.

Finally, you can right-click a bar and change the color. I typically have a separate bank of bars for all my buffs colored green, and a bank of debuffs, all colored red, so they're easy to track separately.

I guess you can also track cooldowns, but I haven't fooled around much with that functionality yet.

Here's an example of the buffs and debuffs I track on Kazz:

Here it is in action (note that it also tracks how many stacks of Lacerate I have applied):

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 22, 2014

the.pope
Jun 1, 2005
Vent is up. 20 slot since i don't think we would ever have more on.

IP: flagship.typefrag.com
Port: 9194

I'll add a password if needed. Never really messed around with roles or anything, but I'll probably just give admin info to kazz and others who might need it.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

the.pope posted:

Vent is up. 20 slot since i don't think we would ever have more on.

IP: flagship.typefrag.com
Port: 9194

I'll add a password if needed. Never really messed around with roles or anything, but I'll probably just give admin info to kazz and others who might need it.

Doesn't work for me.

EDIT: ahh ventrilo

Also, I will be around Naxx for Noobs tomorrow. I am in desperate need of gear for my elem set. Still need a helm, shoulders, chest, trinket.

Suran37 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 22, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I went into vent and realised it'd help if I actually set up a PTT thing. I'm joining up if you please~

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
naxx 25 2 nite, show up or yr a square

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

SHISHKABOB posted:

naxx 25 2 nite, show up or yr a square

Its gonna be 10, and we need some tanks to log on please.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Worst guild on the server.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Suran37 posted:

and ur the leader of it.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Tanners posted:

and ur the leader of it.

:smug:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Suran37 posted:

We cant be worse then the ferdora guild? Can we?

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

iminers posted:

We cant be worse then the ferdora guild? Can we?

:negative:

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Good god...

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Got a whisper from a guy with a resto druid and prot/ret paladin who wants to join. Claims he has 4k gearscore on both. Told him nothing is guaranteed, but he can probably try and pug with us sometime and if he is decent we might let him in since we kinda need healers and tanks.

Truthfully, I told him to talk to tanners or kazz because their our "recruitment division."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I rolled a warrior on here and spent about half an hour playing. Couldn't stop smiling the whole time since I've been away from WoW for like... 5 years now. Good fun.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Suran37 posted:

Got a whisper from a guy with a resto druid and prot/ret paladin who wants to join. Claims he has 4k gearscore on both. Told him nothing is guaranteed, but he can probably try and pug with us sometime and if he is decent we might let him in since we kinda need healers and tanks.

Truthfully, I told him to talk to tanners or kazz because their our "recruitment division."

Has he been in our 25 man runs or something? It sounds like Treemender because he originally wanted to bring his paladin on Monday.

saltylopez fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 23, 2014

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Treemender wuz good.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I hope tanks show up tonight (especially because mine isn't attuned yet. Thanks for Naxx run last night btw :negative:)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey guys I'm sorry to ditch the raid in such a situation as we were in, I had a family emergency. I bet you one shot iron council without my dead weight ANYWAYS

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

SHISHKABOB posted:

I bet you one shot iron council without my dead weight ANYWAYS

:negative:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did the ice cream truck break down again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerThanPete
Nov 11, 2012

Guys, I'm going in.
I also use needtoknow. I tried powerauras and weakauras, but liked NTK the best. I think powerauras is still pretty good for certain things, but I just don't need it. I'm using Tukui as my base and I have bartender4 installed on top of it so I can have my main ability buttons up near my character as a I hate looking down at my bars and back up. I've arranged everything as kind of a heads up display. Most of it is gone out of combat and the individual components only show when something is happening. I track my greatness and mirror procs so that I can use death wish and my racial on the first proc after they come off cooldown.

Tukui
Bartender4
Castbars
Needtoknow
Ragebar

My Full Setup

Out of combat

During combat

• Locked thread