Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH WILL BE THE MAIN EVENT OF HELL IN A CELL
This poll is closed.
John Cena vs. Randy Orton 71 36.98%
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose 121 63.02%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Saw some Rasslenewz type account tweet the "DB to have Tommy John surgery" again. Is there any validity to this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Does the Fink still work there? Can they just get him back?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Does the Fink still work there? Can they just get him back?

My guess is they'll just have Cody's wife do it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Rasslenewz type account

no

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

First Tazz and now Justin Roberts? So begins the fall of WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well I'm p. sure someone from here RT'd it so I wasn't sure. :shobon:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Justin Roberts was probably a Kevin Dunn guy.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

First Tazz and now Justin Roberts? So begins the fall of WWE.

A fall leading into a Winter of Our Missed Content :smith:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Under the vegetable posted:

Justin Roberts was probably a Kevin Dunn guy.

I remember Roberts worked some indy fed right before WWE signed him, and he was the absolute shits - I had no idea what they saw in him

He panned out eventually, but his early announcing was rough

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

EugeneJ posted:

I remember Roberts worked some indy fed right before WWE signed him, and he was the absolute shits - I had no idea what they saw in him

He panned out eventually, but his early announcing was rough

I mean he's no Jeff Harvey or anything

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
http://www.ringsidenews.com/file/pic/article/2013/02/e6cbcf08abc0d2cfdc520a8358bcf05e.png

LEAVE THE MEMORIES ALONE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Are they still doing that thing from when NXT was ECW where they hire an unending line of terrible female announcers for a few weeks before they're never seen again?
I think they've stuck with Cody's wife as the announcer for matches.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Okay Raw. First I've watched in awhile. Good decision not saving the pole match for HIAC.

Roberts getting fired is confusing. He seemed to genuinely love his job.

In news that matters: Tomorrow at the school I teach at, former WWE wrestler "Marvelous" Marc Mero (this is how it is actually written, bolded in every email I've gotten from my principal) is giving a presentation on bullying to the kids. If he doesn't shoot that damned Badd Blaster I'm gonna be PISSED.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hologram Fink: Incoming

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Little Mac posted:

In news that matters: Tomorrow at the school I teach at, former WWE wrestler "Marvelous" Marc Mero (this is how it is actually written, bolded in every email I've gotten from my principal) is giving a presentation on bullying to the kids. If he doesn't shoot that damned Badd Blaster I'm gonna be PISSED.

Get ready to hear a whole lot about Jesus!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Okay Raw. First I've watched in awhile. Good decision not saving the pole match for HIAC.

Do you teach at a private school? Cause shits about to get real Jesus-y up in there.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Justin Roberts was live-tweeting the show right until the end. I wonder if he knew this was coming at all.

https://twitter.com/JustinRoberts

@JustinRoberts, 8:45pm: I appreciate that @MelissaJoanHart is watching and tweeting about #RAW #SignHerYearbook

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Little Mac posted:

Ask him about Brawl for All.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ask for a kiss that won't miss.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Saw some Rasslenewz type account tweet the "DB to have Tommy John surgery" again. Is there any validity to this?

How would Tommy John surgery help a compressed nerve?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TheJoker138 posted:

Do you teach at a private school? Cause shits about to get real Jesus-y up in there.

Public school, actually! It is in the South, but we're inner-city so he'll probably dance around the Jesusy stuff.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Ask him about Brawl for All.

Will challenge him to Brawl for All.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Public school, actually! It is in the South, but we're inner-city so he'll probably dance around the Jesusy stuff.

Let me know how this goes, cause from what I hear he carries around a fake Jesus title belt everywhere he goes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Little Mac posted:

Start a 'we want Sable' chant to get him all mad.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Now Justin Roberts can make his long anticipated PWG return.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Man, that sucks if that was a cost-cutting measure. I met him and he was a cool guy. :smith:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's a shame that advertiser's look down on advertising to wrestling fans. Imagine the T.V. deal WWE could have gotten by offering (theoretically) DVR-Proof sport-ish programming that airs every week out of the year if that were the case. The NBA's been on a downturn lately and it still got an absolutely insane amount of money.

I'm just thinking about that with all the cost cutting going around. A really good T.V. deal would have been able to support the company even if the Network was a complete flop (rather than just being unsuccessful as it has been).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hey guys. I'm still laughing at "Butt 'The Shitman' Fart" from the Raw GDT.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It's a good old joke.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

TheJoker138 posted:

It's pretty funny.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The unsubstantiated rumor mill (random Twitters, Facebooks, and Reddit posts) says that Justin Roberts got into a heated argument with Michael Cole during a commercial in the Orton/Ziggler match and flipped him off in front of the crowd.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 14, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rick posted:

It's pretty funny.

Every time I think about it I start giggling. I'm apparently 8 years old.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

The unsubstantiated rumor mill (random Twitters, Facebooks, and Reddit posts) says that Justin Roberts got into a heated argument with Michael Cole during a commercial in the Orton/Ziggler match and flipped him off in front of the crowd.

It was a gamble, flipping off Vince by proxy like that. Either get fired immediately OR be given a push for standing up for himself.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

It was a gamble, flipping off Vince by proxy like that. Either get fired immediately OR be given a push for standing up for himself.

"During the break, Justin Roberts said, get this, that he wants to, quote, 'rip off Michael Cole's head and poo poo down his neck.'"

"Hahaha! I love it, Maggle!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE's cost cutting during the summer wasn't the end of what they planned, more is coming in 2015. It's a bad time to be expendable or to actively piss off the company.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I wonder what argument a ring announcer could have possibly gotten into with a commentator that would warrant such a response.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Raw was pretty good. I liked how Cena gave Ambrose respect for disappearing right before his eyes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DukeofCA posted:

I wonder what argument a ring announcer could have possibly gotten into with a commentator that would warrant such a response.

Cole shouted "Let's go, Cena!" and then Roberts replied "Cena sucks!"

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
That was actually the first pole match I've seen where both guys looked credible throughout although I am not going to pretend that I wouldn't be mad if Cena was the guy who won.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I just realized Rollins, Kane, and Orton spell out RKO. Maybe all of wrestling is an elaborate joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Went to bed before the Ziggler/Orton match and I guess I didn't miss anything.

TheJoker138 posted:

Wow you would have loved hanging out with me and my friends in the 90s. Underweartaker, Yokococo, Butt the Shitman Fart, etc.

Bigass Moth fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 14, 2014

• Locked thread