Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH WILL BE THE MAIN EVENT OF HELL IN A CELL
This poll is closed.
John Cena vs. Randy Orton 71 36.98%
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose 121 63.02%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

projecthalaxy posted:

Mark Henry and Big Show cheated and double-team attacked Rusev outside of a match. That's really weird!

This is surprisingly the thing that stood out to me most on Raw. Why the gently caress did two faces team up to double team a heel who didn't even cheat to win his match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sir Jebus posted:

This is surprisingly the thing that stood out to me most on Raw. Why the gently caress did two faces team up to double team a heel who didn't even cheat to win his match?

The face also encouraged the crowd to be racist. That whole segment was tone-deaf. I mean, even at the end you saw Lana looking super sad while Rusev was trying to get back up after being punched.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rusev is a babyface and I'll not hear another word about it. He does babyface-style selling and he's booked as a face with the odds stacked against him.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
So last night I was wondering if See No Evil 2 was what I saw in that commercial or not since I was pretty sure it had already been released years ago, and looked up WWE Studios entire filmography and upcoming releases.

We're going to see Santino in December. He's filming a sequel to Jingle All the Way.

With Larry the Cable Guy.

:suicide:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
in character as santino?

because that'd kind of own

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

I do have to wonder if it's not a coincidence Willie Mack got released right before his tryout. I could see them thinking one stocky black dude is enough and Uhaa would be a better fit as eh already has a better physique than most guys in the company.

With respect that's crazy talk. If anything NXT is in the beginnings process of hiring as many African Americans and Hispanics as possible. Kind of like Johnny Ace did at one stage.

Willie just failed a test sadly.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I hope Mack gets a second chance if he failed due to something minor/stupid.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sir Jebus posted:

To be honest I think Big show and Mark are going to turn heel and start screwing with people because I really don't see WWE having faces act the way them two did on Raw.

Personally I just really want Rusef to win the US championship belt because that would make people so mad, especially if they hosed with the flag and replaced it with a russian one.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

With respect that's crazy talk. If anything NXT is in the beginnings process of hiring as many African Americans and Hispanics as possible. Kind of like Johnny Ace did at one stage.

Willie just failed a test sadly.

was it a failed physical or a drug test?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

So Orton worked babyface for his match last night. His offense looks so good when he's not heeling it up wrestling slow intentionally. It's fun to watch and that RKO owned.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Randy's cool as heck and I wish he would wrestle "fun" while heeling it up because his face promos kinda suck

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

If the card does not get changed (there are still many days left for Jhon Cena to occur) then I am excited for HIAC. Maybe Luke Harper will start his big credible solo run there and eventually get over and beat Sheamus! Shame about Justin Roberts though.

It hasn't been officially said, but Sheamus vs. Miz and Ziggler vs. Cesaro are obviously locks for the HIAC card.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Blast Fantasto posted:

It hasn't been officially said, but Sheamus vs. Miz and Ziggler vs. Cesaro are obviously locks for the HIAC card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1wm7CFRCQ

Big Poppa
Aug 21, 2003
Big Poppa is fine.
Is anyone reminded of Ambrose/Cena being a lot like Austin/Hart in 1997? I wonder if they could pull with Cena what they did with Hart as far as Heel to one side, and Face to another.

Watching Cena start to lose it like Hart did in 1997 would be gold.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

was it a failed physical or a drug test?

I don't know but Mike Johnson just reported Willie passed his physical - making the point it wasn't a Nigel McGuinness situation. Beyond that Mike said no one really knows what the situation was and we may never know citing Claudio's first WWE signing.

Willie got the call the middle of last week.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Does their poo poo test for weed cuz that might be it

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's a shame that Reigns had to get surgery at the last minute, because this angle would make a lot more sense if it was him vs Ambrose instead of Cena.

e: On the other hand, Reigns would almost certainly win HIAC, so eh.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Yuriy posted:

Does their poo poo test for weed cuz that might be it

AFAIK weed's only a fine. It was probably budget cuts that did him in.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Rusev is a dickhead who insulted the crowd and the country and said he would break Big Show in half, attacked Mark Henry on the apron first then celebrated a DQ win by detonating a giant Russian flag and waving it in their faces like an rear end in a top hat

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Does anyone have the ability to reverse the backwards talking from the Wyatt promo? I'm curious about what it said.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Watching RAW on Hulu. Goldust's facepaint looks awesome.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

The face also encouraged the crowd to be racist. That whole segment was tone-deaf. I mean, even at the end you saw Lana looking super sad while Rusev was trying to get back up after being punched.

What was meant to be racist?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Rusty Shackelford posted:

What was meant to be racist?

its only racist in the retarded tumblr way but

quote:

THE FANS ARE DOING THE TOMAHAWK CHOP AND BIG SHOW IS LEADING THEM ON.

Edit: I mean look at all these racists!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlgfs7bIhys

Or for the specific event : https://vine.co/v/OqmDbuVODq7

(Atlanta Braves territory)

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 14, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hace posted:

It's a shame that Reigns had to get surgery at the last minute, because this angle would make a lot more sense if it was him vs Ambrose instead of Cena.

e: On the other hand, Reigns would almost certainly win HIAC, so eh.

It wouldn't have been Reigns/Ambrose, it would have been Reigns/Cena.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe Luke Harper will start his big credible solo run

I want them to pair Harper with CJ Parker as Biodiesel.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a retard posted:

AFAIK weed's only a fine. It was probably budget cuts that did him in.

It's a fine once you're in the door. I can't imagine it's something they want to find in initial testing, especially considering you'd know about those tests well in advance.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

apparently Marc mero just made an auditorium of sixth graders cry. I am PSYCHED. I hope this meeting ends soon

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bradzilla posted:

So Orton worked babyface for his match last night. His offense looks so good when he's not heeling it up wrestling slow intentionally. It's fun to watch and that RKO owned.

yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's turning babyface soon, especially after they teased him vs rollins so much

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

America is the heel. Always has been.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Yuriy posted:

its only racist in the retarded tumblr way but

Edit: I mean look at all these racists!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlgfs7bIhys

Or for the specific event : https://vine.co/v/OqmDbuVODq7

(Atlanta Braves territory)

The thing I saw was that it being Columbus Day was probably not the best day to be doing that.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Little Mac posted:

apparently Marc mero just made an auditorium of sixth graders cry

so he did talk about brawl for all.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Quasipox posted:

The thing I saw was that it being Columbus Day was probably not the best day to be doing that.

that strikes me as more coincidental than anything else, i don't see how it's different than co-opting any other sports team chant for cheap face heat

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yuriy posted:

that strikes me as more coincidental than anything else, i don't see how it's different than co-opting any other sports team chant for cheap face heat

It's not except the chant itself is racist. It's racist. Don't pretend it isn't.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They had Lana cut a heel promo saying Native Americans were treated poorly and the crowd booed her for stating that and then a crowd of mostly white people began imitating a Native American chant and waving their arms like tomahawks. If that doesn't look pretty insensitive just looking at those words then I don't know what to tell you.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There is something hilarious about people going "Wahhh racism" and supporting the Russian athlete.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

KungFu Grip posted:

They had Lana cut a heel promo saying Native Americans were treated poorly and the crowd booed her for stating that and then a crowd of mostly white people began imitating a Native American chant and waving their arms like tomahawks. If that doesn't look pretty insensitive just looking at those words then I don't know what to tell you.

She was clearly trying to bait out the chop. That's the only reason you mention native americans in Atlanta. The chop is racist but it's WWE's fault for giving the fans an obvious cue to do it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Great White Hope posted:

There is something hilarious about people going "Wahhh racism" and supporting the Russian athlete.

Excuse me, racist, but he's Bulgarian. Are you saying they all look the same to you?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

White people do look the same! Its every other race on earth that are physically distinct from each other so you should never have any problems telling them apart.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
http://deadspin.com/randy-orton-is-rkoing-the-entire-internet-1646153782

Just gonna leave this here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

i wondered if it'd be possible to have a single weekly thread (especially during the week that lividliquid is probated) that didn't find something to cry RACISM!!!!!! about

guess not, time to start whining about a wrestler using a local chant to get face heat

until the WWE starts having KENTA come out in a coolie with buck teeth, the wyatts come out in white hoods and mark henry come out in chains i don't think any one other than the people who spend all day looking for reasons to be offended on the internet are going to care

just imo

• Locked thread