Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHAT MATCH WILL BE THE MAIN EVENT OF HELL IN A CELL
This poll is closed.
John Cena vs. Randy Orton 71 36.98%
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose 121 63.02%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cena and Orton have good matches they've just had 75 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I hope the crowd hijacks Cena/Orton like they did at the Rumble

I don't think the smark level is going to be nearly as high, but I think there's a pretty strong chance a portion of the audience will just categorically reject the match. There was chanting for the referee and whatnot for their Hell in a Cell match in 2009

The funny thing was the Rumble match was technically fine, it was just (again) something we've seen endlessly and in that case was a title match not involving Daniel Bryan (a cardinal sin at the time).

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also, I could have sworn that Cole called Ambrose's underhook DDT the "Dirty Deeds" at some point in the broadcast, so I guess the finisher switch is official.

I'm cool with that, way better finisher than the old one.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also, I could have sworn that Cole called Ambrose's underhook DDT the "Dirty Deeds" at some point in the broadcast, so I guess the finisher switch is official.

He absolutely did.

I just realized, maybe Dean will battle the Wyatts for awhile? :shobon:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blast Fantasto posted:

This better one should be Dirtier Deeds. :colbert:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I was honestly hoping that rather than call this the Dirty Deeds, it'd have some other AC/DC-themed name.

The Big Balls, obviously.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He absolutely did.

please don't make him a midcarder, wwe

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He absolutely did.

I hope not. Wyatt's next feud should end with a conclusive victory, and Dean really shouldn't be on the losing end of a feud either.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Blast Fantasto posted:

I was honestly hoping that rather than call this the Dirty Deeds, it'd have some other AC/DC-themed name.

Hells Bells.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Landstander posted:

I don't think the smark level is going to be nearly as high, but I think there's a pretty strong chance a portion of the audience will just categorically reject the match. There was chanting for the referee and whatnot for their Hell in a Cell match in 2009

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x150oq2_john-cena-vs-randy-orton-hell-in-a-cell-match-wwe-championship_sport

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gonz posted:

Hells Bells.

"Ambrose just knocked out Rollins with the American Thighs!"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

Balls Mahoney would sue for gimmick infringement.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I am extremely jaded and unhappy with Punchsport Pagoda right now because I thought that was a good RAW and everyone is making GBS threads on it for reasons I find silly and hyperbolic.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

I am extremely jaded and unhappy with Punchsport Pagoda right now because I thought that was a good RAW and everyone is making GBS threads on it for reasons I find silly and hyperbolic.

the general consensus i saw was that the majority of the show was solid?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oatgan posted:

the general consensus i saw was that the majority of the show was solid?

doesn't seem like it to me: example, people complaining about Ambrose not going over Cena, even though throughout the match he could've won multiple times and was all crazyman

like, what?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bulldog driver = Dirty Deeds
Double arm DDT = Shoot to Thrill
Submission finisher he'll invariably get because all faces have one = Squealer
After party = Whole Lotta Rosie

I'll take my check now, Vince.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

pole match in 2014

cena vs orton at least co-maining a ppv in 2014

can't imagine how people could be making GBS threads on that?????

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, the Orton/Ziggler match was good. The tag match was good, just kind of dumb with Stardust eating like the 13th pin in a row.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Roman Reigns posted:

Depends on how they build it. Rusev and Lana will need to do some pretty heinous stuff to get people to go full-blown patriotic in order to support Cena. Coming out every Raw/Smackdown to talk poo poo about local sports teams won't cut it.

If Cena and Mark Henry become friends, watch out because they're about to go Rocky IV.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexters Secret posted:

doesn't seem like it to me: example, people complaining about Ambrose not going over Cena, even though throughout the match he could've won multiple times and was all crazyman

like, what?

I was one of the people who said something like this and really I thought it shoulda been more of a match than a clusterfuck but after thinking on it, neither guy was beaten up much so it's not a big deal.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My question: assuming Dean goes over (which he should and I think he will) what's his next feud? I think Rollins will beat a newly turned Orton to build him back up, but am honestly unsure what Dean does.

Hell, I'd give him a title shot against Brock, with him losing in a way that still makes him look like a badass. But it doesn't look like we're getting Brock again until the Rumble so...

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I would actually dig it if Ambrose stole the briefcase after killing Rollins clone #25 in the cage, and then they subvert "actual possession of the briefcase doesn't mean anything" on the next Raw by having the Authority stop supporting Rollins due to him not being able to be an A+ player on his own, along with his attempted cash in on Brock, and award the case to Ambrose. He's a loose cannon, but he's best for business, and they'd rather have him on their side than against them. Then you get Rollins selling his soul for nothing and having to find a new identity, along with legitimate comeuppance for a heel that goes beyond "I got to see him get beat up." You also get Dean Ambrose as both the crazy man with the case and the guy getting corporate attention and favors he doesn't want.

Taking a briefcase from a guy is rarely good for them, but it gives Rollins a more interesting arc than corporate sellout and Ambrose is clearly the hottest thing they have going right now, so why not keep that rolling. However, if you want to do "Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns win the title, Authority uses the briefcase to screw them over immediately" Rollins is obviously the best choice for that.

Anyway, that's just a thought that occurred to me. More likely we'll get Rollins vs. Orton and Ambrose vs. Wyatts or something, he's much harder to figure out. Actually, I could see them feeding Rusev to him and having Ambrose be the guy to beat him, possibly by "dislocating" his shoulder to get out of the accolade or biting his way out of it.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Cena's bald spot.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

PWInsider posted:

WWE announced tonight that they have "chosen to not exercise its option to renew ring announcer Justin Roberts' contract. Effective immediately, Roberts is released from WWE."
wow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Uhhh okay, why? Like I don't think Chimmel is still doing it and only does it because Lillian isn't full time or some poo poo. Also he's miles better than either of them. Unless they are bringing up Eden, but she's not that good at it either.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

This is some bullshit.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He's a douche so good on them.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

gently caress poo poo, he's the only good non Fink ring announcer they have.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Meltzer said a few months ago they were looking into cutting Lillian Garcia or Tony Roberts' contracts for cost cutting but they were afraid they'd go to TNA. Now that there's no more TNA, there's no competition for them to go to.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Luigi Thirty posted:

Meltzer said a few months ago they were looking into cutting Lillian Garcia or Tony Roberts' contracts for cost cutting but they were afraid they'd go to TNA.

Was he saying that with a straight face?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
We just need Lillian Garcia.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

how bad must that network number be

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Official article: http://www.wwe.com/inside/justin-roberts-contract-not-renewed-26726645

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vince saw a wrinkle and knew that the young lad has transitioned well into manhood at a point his youthful candor would begin to fade. his toy aged and broken, he casts it aside, while eyeing a young alex riley "yes, this one will do..." he mutters to himself, a twinkle in his eye

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Lillian is probably more expensive than Justin, because didn't she come back? Is Chimmel still hanging around? What does he even do now?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wouldn't hate it if they made the Orton/Cena HIAC a triple threat with someone else, but nobody's been pushed at that level and they're not going to start now. Unless it's Kane, which somehow makes it worse.

No more "Randy OHHHH-tin."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

It's JoJo's time to shine!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are they still doing that thing from when NXT was ECW where they hire an unending line of terrible female announcers for a few weeks before they're never seen again?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

What a weird decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

One of my college buddies works for Caesars and texted me about two months ago to say that Justin Roberts was a massive rear end in a top hat about not being deemed important enough to be spoiled by the hotel and was acting like a total creep.

• Locked thread